Wobbly cornering

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If have to choose/prioritize, then yes tire first, rims second. Last time my (new) tires also cost more than my (used) rims even though already very good rims.
Yup, both of my old cars are having 2nd hand rims, much cheaper but cannot have much choices, but they do look good and matching on their respective cars. See if can find some pictures.....lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Original one, lightweight... how light it is? i never weigh any rim, so no idea

so, how much the weight difference between lightweight and normal rim? just wondering
i dont have the figure but long time ago a friend installed a set of rpf1 on his Strean RN5.

To describe the weight, i will gladly catch it if u throw the rim at me and wont drop it.Maybe even with the ire installed...hahaha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Original one, lightweight... how light it is? i never weigh any rim, so no idea

so, how much the weight difference between lightweight and normal rim? just wondering
Last time at the time I bought my Advanti storm 15" rims they were 4.6kg per piece which is considered light by normal standards. The shop had the original Enkei RPF1 and it was even lighter. My butt guestimate per rim I think is 2.8kg per piece. It was that light!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, both of my old cars are having 2nd hand rims, much cheaper but cannot have much choices, but they do look good and matching on their respective cars. See if can find some pictures.....lol
upload_2018-4-26_10-32-52.jpeg

This is on the VR.

upload_2018-4-26_10-54-22.jpeg

This is on my Hyundai

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Yeah, i agree, better get good tyres first before rim. But in my case, cannot get good tyre for my 14" rim, so need to get both rim n tyres then. Maybe it is good idea to get secondhand original rpf1 so can save some money then use it for good tyres, but wondering how to identify the rim is original? Lets say for rpf1, just enough has "made in japan", or maybe based on weight? Any thoughts?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Based on weight if RPF1 coz the fakes can never match the lightness. Even better if you can observe first a sample of the original so you can pin point the details then use that as the reference. Pay attention to the markings/stampings at the back, usually the fakes will not match those and they will say made in Thailand/Taiwan etc2. or designed by Japan.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So terrible, these people just to make money, imitation rims, parts and so on......:banghead:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Yeah, i agree, better get good tyres first before rim. But in my case, cannot get good tyre for my 14" rim, so need to get both rim n tyres then. Maybe it is good idea to get secondhand original rpf1 so can save some money then use it for good tyres, but wondering how to identify the rim is original? Lets say for rpf1, just enough has "made in japan", or maybe based on weight? Any thoughts?
Start with good tires, and any rims. U not doing rally or saja drive fast over poth holes.
Then save for lightweight ori rims.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all DIYers@zth

4-5 months ago, i did some searching and finally found a guide to make this.
(Buying a Bee-R launch was out of budget.....)
My purpose was to make a DIY Launch Controller ... however since the rpm signal is adjustable,
you can trigger a 12v relay for any purpose...from cutting ignition, fuel, on sub injector, on mivec, on horn, on central locking system and etc at what ever rpm you want.

example....
Set rpm adjustment to 6000rpm, once reach 8000= horn sound...or...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience