Block Repair shah alam / subang

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Hi guys,

Do you guys mind to share machine shop to repair block with good workmanship and affordable price.

Do i need to do engine tuning after block rebore?
engine is s4ph campor iafm.

My block have small hole like pic below.

Anyone experience this before?

tq

Attachments

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hi guys,

Do you guys mind to share machine shop to repair block with good workmanship and affordable price.

tq
Never seen that before.
Whats the reason mentioned by the mech?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It looks like the cylinder was overbored until it's touching the water jacket. You might need to resleeve instead of repair the block.

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Never seen that before.
Whats the reason mentioned by the mech?
not sure, i dont have mechanic.

It looks like the cylinder was overbored until it's touching the water jacket. You might need to resleeve instead of repair the block.
the block never been bore before. still within factory spec 79mm
Do you have any recommended machine shop?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
not sure, i dont have mechanic.

the block never been bore before. still within factory spec 79mm
Do you have any recommended machine shop?
If not bored before - seriously - consider another block. Repairing blocks is a hit-miss thing. I personally don't know anyone who does this well.

Tory97

Dec 28, 2017
Johor Bahru
Hi guys,

tq
I experience the same thing as you, a line cutting in on the cylinder wall, same on the top portion. Mine one is due to one of the spark plug cable lose and dropped out when engine is running, imbalance cycle so the piston scratched the cylinder wall. My local mechanic "sand papered" the wall and top overhauled, haven't rebore yet.

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Any updates on this? Looks more like a step than a hole. You sure it is a hole?

And campro stock bore is 76mm lerr how you become 79mm bore?

If it's really just a step caused by the piston ring, just rebore and put in oversized piston. Though i really wonder how the step can form. If it really is a hole, it is possible to re-sleeve as well, but it won't be cheap, but you can re-use your pistons if it still in good condition, while if you go oversize you need new pistons, so more or less about same also in terms of costs...

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Any updates on this? Looks more like a step than a hole. You sure it is a hole?

And campro stock bore is 76mm lerr how you become 79mm bore?

If it's really just a step caused by the piston ring, just rebore and put in oversized piston. Though i really wonder how the step can form. If it really is a hole, it is possible to re-sleeve as well, but it won't be cheap, but you can re-use your pistons if it still in good condition, while if you go oversize you need new pistons, so more or less about same also in terms of costs...
damn pening edi:rofl:, yes stock bore 76mm.

I don't know the term of this thing. Maybe overheat cause this??
Engine in stock condition. No open pod or any modification

Already send the block to a fren mechanic to rebore.

I wonder how much u did for bottom full engine balancing by VPRO?

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
damn pening edi:rofl:, yes stock bore 76mm.

I don't know the term of this thing. Maybe overheat cause this??
Engine in stock condition. No open pod or any modification

Already send the block to a fren mechanic to rebore.

I wonder how much u did for bottom full engine balancing by VPRO?
Yeah it's called a ridge, I think it's pretty common cylinder wear. How many KM's had the engine went through and what oil you were using before this?

Can't remember the price of the balancing, but i think it's almost, or around 1k. Have to send complete rotating assembly including crankshaft, flywheel, timing gear, main pulley and all bolts that will be attached. Also send in pistons and conrods for balancing.

So going oversized piston?

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
my kawasaki krr 150 block also happened like this
but at bottom side:burnout:

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Yeah it's called a ridge, I think it's pretty common cylinder wear. How many KM's had the engine went through and what oil you were using before this?

Can't remember the price of the balancing, but i think it's almost, or around 1k. Have to send complete rotating assembly including crankshaft, flywheel, timing gear, main pulley and all bolts that will be attached. Also send in pistons and conrods for balancing.

So going oversized piston?
190k++ km on it.

The mechanic say need to rebore to 0.5mm. Not going for oversize at this moment.

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
190k++ km on it.

The mechanic say need to rebore to 0.5mm. Not going for oversize at this moment.
rebore the whole cylinder 0.5mm and not changing pistons? Then your piston-to-wall clearance is gonna be shit, possible issues might include rattling noise when cold, or even when hot, excessive wear and tear, loss of compression and oil loss.

Usually if rebore 0.5mm it will include changing the pistons to 0.5mm oversized as well, i have never heard of anybody boring 0.5mm oversized and not changing pistons. And reboring 0.5mm is considered oversized already what so what you mean by not going oversized?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
rebore the whole cylinder 0.5mm and not changing pistons? Then your piston-to-wall clearance is gonna be shit, possible issues might include rattling noise when cold, or even when hot, excessive wear and tear, loss of compression and oil loss.

Usually if rebore 0.5mm it will include changing the pistons to 0.5mm oversized as well, i have never heard of anybody boring 0.5mm oversized and not changing pistons. And reboring 0.5mm is considered oversized already what so what you mean by not going oversized?
Agree, 0.5mm is a lot for piston clearance. In the cylinder means 1mm....:confused:

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan

Agree, 0.5mm is a lot for piston clearance. In the cylinder means 1mm....:confused:
yes include change piston. max oil clearance for proton is 0.03mm based on manual

i thought u mean going full max oversize rebore.:rofl:

i dont know the term mah.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm on stock absorbers with Eibach springs and the gap is 2 finger front/rear. The problem is going into basement carparks (as usual). The question is, can I add a damper or how can I make it 1 more finger higher? Another 10mm or so would be just nice to save my skirtings and bodykits :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience