myvi brake system

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
thanks for all the advice, seems like there're not much options so I guess I will upgrade the brake pad for now first.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
One easy way to improve pedal feel is to adjust the rear brake shoe on a drum brake. Adjust its as close as you can,slight drag on the drum is ok.

Its easy but takes a bit patient to fave the brake dust,jack both end,remove and install bacl the drum couple of time but its worth it.And most of all,its free if you DIY.

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
just drove from jb to kl and back to jb last week with my stock tyres and brake pad. Was actually more manageable than I imagined.

likemise

Apr 25, 2012
Johor Bahru
I'm due to overhaul my brakes.
My car is an 07 1.3ezi with stock calipers and rotors.

Can I change to the 1.5 18mm rotor while keeping the stock calipers?

likemise

Apr 25, 2012
Johor Bahru
1.5 calipers are now 400 bucks each.
Anyway I ordered AR racing 16mm version rotors and steel braided hoses.
Pads I am planning to use sumitomo.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
1.5 calipers are now 400 bucks each.
Anyway I ordered AR racing 16mm version rotors and steel braided hoses.
Pads I am planning to use sumitomo.
Sumitomo what grade? Is not the brand, every brand have their category like entry level, semi metallic or ceramic then a high temperature pad too. Get the ones that suits your priorities....:driver:

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
You never said whether yours is the 1.3 or 1.5? If 1.3 swapping to the 1.5 Myvi calipers and rotors. it's plug and play for the 1.3. It's a big improvement for the 1.3/1.0.

If yours is the 1.5 then you'll need to find a customizer to custom make the bracket for any caliper you want to fit on. Wira 1.5 / GSR / Mivec one is cheap to buy and fit. Hondas are a bit more expensive but work great. 2-pot / 4-pot are overkill and expensive and will more likely force you to swap to bigger rims.
mine is 1.5. The mechanic recommended to change to Honda Odyssey with the condition rim has to be upgrade to 15 inch too else will not fit. is that true?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
mine is 1.5. The mechanic recommended to change to Honda Odyssey with the condition rim has to be upgrade to 15 inch too else will not fit. is that true?
Are you modding your engine for more power, if not, why go for such big brakes? Might as well change to better pads....:driver:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
just drove from jb to kl and back to jb last week with my stock tyres and brake pad. Was actually more manageable than I imagined.
errr...wat were u expecting? its just highway drive...so i really dont see any reason why it wont be manageable? somemore on highway u barely touch the brakes which means lesser occasions for it to overheat.... plus on highway air flow to the pads is rather constant...so....

i get the feeling that ur expectations are too high and ur opinion on stock stuff is too low...

yes true... and even then.... not all 15" can fit.. need to take wheel offset and and spoke design into account... 1 wheel that confirm will NOT fit is the Enkei RPF-1 15x7 +41. this is due to the spoke design.

and agree with vr2turbo. a simple brake pad upgrade is probably more than sufficient for most people.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys

with the election coming soon and alot of new cars coming to our market this year, do you think it is a good time to buy new car now ?

not about expensive conti cars but models like proton or jap made.

i was browsing thru mudah and saw proton giving huge discounts for 2012 car. quite tempting to me.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience