Engine for Drift Toyota KE70

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Nice idea! but there is a lot of work required tho.. like cutting firewall and all. Project might be too big for me to handle...

does 1uz come with manual gearbox?

hard to find a nice condition sr20det halfcut nowdays.... not to mention, the price of sr halfcut :shot:
i believe there isnt a pnp manual gearbox, all need to be adapted to match. (googling says many use W58 or R154)

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
Nice idea! but there is a lot of work required tho.. like cutting firewall and all. Project might be too big for me to handle...

does 1uz come with manual gearbox?

hard to find a nice condition sr20det halfcut nowdays.... not to mention, the price of sr halfcut :shot:
I don't think the 1UZ came with a manual box stock, there is a western guy I knew in Thailand who did a 1UZ conversion on a BMW e30 using a manual box, be he seems to have disappeared. (hope he is OK)

He did a thread about his swap here:

http://teakdoor.com/motoring-in-thailand-and-asia/75522-engine-conversions-swaps-etc.html

I think he used a toyota R154 gearbox from a supra.

there is a thread here about manual options for the 1UZ, all sounds complicated TBH

https://www.driftworks.com/forum/threads/1uz-fe-v8-manual-transmission.225530/

A 2JZ Turbo would make similar or more power and can find one from a Manual Supra OEM spec would probability be less headache.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Recently I saw 1uz project at the workshop.
Not sure what car, but the gearbox just too big until need to cut open center portion to make perfect fit. Not road legal car tho... Hehehe

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Recently I saw 1uz project at the workshop.
Not sure what car, but the gearbox just too big until need to cut open center portion to make perfect fit. Not road legal car tho... Hehehe
the guys car is a track-only drifter. Who cares! :biggrin:

drift_hks bro. It's all about customing at this point. That's the only way you'll get anything to work with a build like this.

But honestly - I'd rather have less headache and mod the 7E engine to make it rev happy and just go with that.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys

Posting this on behalf of the owners of My Ride Autogrooming

My Ride is now located at Taman Melawati (7 Shops after 7 Eleven)

&

Wangsa Melawati (Corner Lot opposite Petronas)

Many good packages available but there is a signature program which you guys must visit to know.

Thats all for now. Update you guys more later. Anyhow for customers feel free to leave your comment here....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience