myvi brake system

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Can change to slotted disc and better pads will improve quite a lot already.....:driver:

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
yes same. don't bother changing to alzas or myvi 1.5 since there's no performance gain
Yes, I want to upgrade the brakes for my alza. I want to see what are the options, BBK is out since it's a overkill unless I TC it. Haha.. can't seem to find much performance upgrade online.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Is that the RSS brake kit?
Nope, just a normal aftermarket slotted disc replacement couple with a better biting brake pads can improve the braking already. Bro. cvkit did for his....will get him to come in advice you further....:driver:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yes, I want to upgrade the brakes for my alza. I want to see what are the options, BBK is out since it's a overkill unless I TC it. Haha.. can't seem to find much performance upgrade online.
You can look for bigger rotor and caliper such as Honda Oddessy. Its a plug and play for myvi. I guess its the same for Alza too. Other than that...just use better brake pads. I would say first thing to try is changing to better brake pads. Im using drilled and slotted rotor on my myvi. It doesnt improve the braking distance however the braking is much more consistent and they system doesnt overheat that fast.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You can look for bigger rotor and caliper such as Honda Oddessy. Its a plug and play for myvi. I guess its the same for Alza too. Other than that...just use better brake pads. I would say first thing to try is changing to better brake pads. Im using drilled and slotted rotor on my myvi. It doesnt improve the braking distance however the braking is much more consistent and they system doesnt overheat that fast.
Wahlau.. honda calipers are not plug and play. Still need to custom fabricate the caliper bracket.

And personally a Wira caliper would be an upgrade already as it's bigger than Myvis one and the rotors are about the same size.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bigger rotor and disc better make sure the rims can clear, if not, rims and tyres need upgrade also......lol

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
i don't want to change the rim size if possible. Using the stock 15" from Alza advance...will honda odyssey calipers fit? or is there any other plug and play... cause fabricating bracket could be a hassle.. last question is how much will the estimated cost be?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Upgrade brake pads, master pump, brake servo. Whatever not involve major fabrication. Don feel so pain...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Upgrade brake pads, master pump, brake servo. Whatever not involve major fabrication. Don feel so pain...
Yup, usually just brake pads and disc first then plug and play bigger servo then won't have major stuffs to mod....lol:biggrin:

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
Yup, usually just brake pads and disc first then plug and play bigger servo then won't have major stuffs to mod....lol:biggrin:
any specific brands to recommend? :itsme:

mine is the latest facelift Alza, got it few months back only :biggrin:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
any specific brands to recommend? :itsme:

mine is the latest facelift Alza, got it few months back only :biggrin:
The brake pads some of us who are using is the Trestor Blue Advantage. Braking efficiency is good, bite from cold and can stand pretty high temperature. However this model seems hard to find even since the factory relocated to Thailand. Maybe you can pm bro. cvkit whether he has any more of the pads. He group bought some for us members a while back. One word of caution these pads dust a lot....lol:biggrin:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i don't want to change the rim size if possible. Using the stock 15" from Alza advance...will honda odyssey calipers fit? or is there any other plug and play... cause fabricating bracket could be a hassle.. last question is how much will the estimated cost be?
u dun wanna fabricate bracket... but u wanna install calipers that will need to fabricate bracket? :D :D :D

even if u do fabricate the bracket.. i doubt itll fit. not only ur offset need to consider.. but spoke design can be an issue too.

personally... just change to better pads, steel braided hoses.. and good brake fluid should be more than sufficient for a street driven stock car.

wanna improve braking more? consider better tires and also adjustable suspension

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Im new to turbo thingy here .. hope can get sifu advice.

basically, how many type of turbo are there ?
As i know, ppl normally use plug and plug turbo now... But i also heard of superturbo and supercharge thingy @_@

If im driving satria 1.3(m) efi, can i just plug and play the turbo without change engine ?

Or 2nd option ..

If i change to new cps gen2, and i plug n play turbo ... issit recomended ?

And how much cost would that be ?

Hope to get more info from all sifu :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience