Weird substance inside radiator

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
AVS Aluminium radiator...quite old already though.. i think more than 6 years in the car.
If it is aluminium, then how can it rust. :confused:

Especially taking and submitting parking ticket, don't use window damn susah loh.......:thefinger:
But now, the problem appears on passenger side front window. Can't argue with that. Also, the Myvi I have at home also got window problem. Very difficult to wind up, easily get jammed. 3 windows affected. Only driver side okay. :banghead:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But now, the problem appears on passenger side front window. Can't argue with that. Also, the Myvi I have at home also got window problem. Very difficult to wind up, easily get jammed. 3 windows affected. Only driver side okay. :banghead:
Check see what is wrong. Sometimes misalignment, sometimes rubber and glass tight, sometimes cable, or motor no strength dy. So got to check what is wrong and tackle accordingly.....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Check see what is wrong. Sometimes misalignment, sometimes rubber and glass tight, sometimes cable, or motor no strength dy. So got to check what is wrong and tackle accordingly.....:driver:
It has been like that for quite some time already. Just that family and my younger bro din't bother to get it checked. They just say, leave it and don't wind down the windows. Plus, now my younger bro is at PJ, the car is left at Ipoh. Become like my 2nd car already. :biggrin:

It has been a week already since the thermostat fix for my car. So far, so good. Temperature won't even go over 50% no matter what.

Bremboy71

Feb 3, 2009
Unmineralized water see if you can find it or change your coolant. We found some issues with certain coolants that they say what they want on the label, Use a good brand to avoid any complications.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Unmineralized water see if you can find it or change your coolant. We found some issues with certain coolants that they say what they want on the label, Use a good brand to avoid any complications.
I'm using this Toyota coolant now. Should be reliable.

Attachments

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
If it is aluminium, then how can it rust. :confused:
god knows... but previously was using tap water... for about 5 years.. pure tap water only.. no coolant

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
god knows... but previously was using tap water... for about 5 years.. pure tap water only.. no coolant
Maybe the material inside the radiator? I don't know... Or the water pump? Must be something within the water circulation system. :hmmmm:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
ehh the gunk is the thermostat itself!?!?
thats weird!
could be something else. but if it's not oil, then it's the wax thermostatic element inside the car thermostat (I think all car uses this type, but maybe got some exceptions). That's why if it feels like wax, it's from the thermostat internals, probably leaked due to age and corrosion. I don't think engine temps run hot enough to melt thermostats.

Otherwise, its usually from the sealant mechanics apply when installing waterpump. I think the sealant would be recognisable if it was sealant.

The alternatives are... someone put something in the coolant?

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I'm using this Toyota coolant now. Should be reliable.

Just to share with all.....

Toyota coolants are sold at either spare part shop, or Toyota Service Centre. They look the same.
However, the prices differ a lot. Dont believe, go ask and compare the prices from the sparepart shop and ask at Toyota SS.

So, be careful not to buy the fake coolant, guys.
The boss of my usual spare part shop also said "...item such as coolant, engine oil are popularly imitated".

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
could be something else. but if it's not oil, then it's the wax thermostatic element inside the car thermostat (I think all car uses this type, but maybe got some exceptions). That's why if it feels like wax, it's from the thermostat internals, probably leaked due to age and corrosion. I don't think engine temps run hot enough to melt thermostats.

Otherwise, its usually from the sealant mechanics apply when installing waterpump. I think the sealant would be recognisable if it was sealant.

The alternatives are... someone put something in the coolant?
Perhaps the weird substance that I found on my radiator water came from the thermostat.

Just to share with all.....

Toyota coolants are sold at either spare part shop, or Toyota Service Centre. They look the same.
However, the prices differ a lot. Dont believe, go ask and compare the prices from the sparepart shop and ask at Toyota SS.

So, be careful not to buy the fake coolant, guys.
The boss of my usual spare part shop also said "...item such as coolant, engine oil are popularly imitated".
What is the price for those found in Toyota Service Centre?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, wanna to ask ..
I planning to change my kelisa tyre on this coming few days ; seem there are not much 165/60/13 tyre in market; any of u have idea on it ?? what brand and how much ?? pls advice ... Thanks :unsure:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience