Perdana V6 Community Forum *

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Me too. Transferred to Singapore, no time to drive my GB kaput Perdana even. Sad. So no upgrades thus far, maybe hoping for a TT or just manual conversion.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Me too. Transferred to Singapore, no time to drive my GB kaput Perdana even. Sad. So no upgrades thus far, maybe hoping for a TT or just manual conversion.
Really, I am now in sg.. haha
Few years already.

My car is solved, very happy. Finally I resolved the issue.

You should let me know earlier, a friend of mine.
Change his perdana to manual but sold the car few months later for rx8...

sonic_darkknight

Jun 23, 2006
Guys, need help here. Recently my car is experiencing pulling to the left side when i release my hands from the steering. Among other symptom that I felt are as per follows:

1) Car constantly pulls to left side when driving, either crusing, accelerating or braking. symptom becomes even worse when going uneven roads.
2) during braking can feel slightly freeplay in the left front wheel, like wobbling front and back
3) left rim feels slightly hotter than right side
4) when crossing road humps feel like front left wheel will bounce one or two times more than front right side.

Actions taken so far:
1) swap tires left&right - no difference but swap tires front and back got improvement
2) already went to check with three workshop on the brakes, three foremans says ok after checking but last I still insist the final foreman to service the brake piston just to be sure. foreman after service says brakes are ok,No difference compared to before service but funny the left side wheel still more hotter than right side wheel.
3) Both front lower arm changed with new sets brand 555
4) absorber also replaced new set
5) alignment done twice already at separate workshop

so what could be the reason for this? hopefully, some sifus here can offer some form of help and guidance.
Thanks a lot in advance.

sonic_darkknight

Jun 23, 2006
I think maybe it is connected to the incident when my front left wheel went over a pothole quite hard when cornering to the right side.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Guys, need help here. Recently my car is experiencing pulling to the left side when i release my hands from the steering. Among other symptom that I felt are as per follows:

1) Car constantly pulls to left side when driving, either crusing, accelerating or braking. symptom becomes even worse when going uneven roads.
2) during braking can feel slightly freeplay in the left front wheel, like wobbling front and back
4) when crossing road humps feel like front left wheel will bounce one or two times more than front right side.

Actions taken so far:
1) swap tires left&right - no difference but swap tires front and back got improvement
2) already went to check with three workshop on the brakes, three foremans says ok after checking but last I still insist the final foreman to service the brake piston just to be sure. foreman after service says brakes are ok,No difference compared to before service but funny the left side wheel still more hotter than right side wheel.

so what could be the reason for this? hopefully, some sifus here can offer some form of help and guidance.
Thanks a lot in advance.
did you have your drive shaft checked?

I used to have this issue too, and it was the left portion of the drive shaft that was damaged/loose.

the feedback I got, perdana tend to have this left drive shaft issue, and how to rectify it, is by getting a half cut evo 3 drive shaft, do some modification and then, its happily ever after.

Should your drive shaft really gone, another good consideration is to go for those blue silicon shaft cap.
Blue in color, its much durable as compare to the rubber design, hence longer lifespan for your drive shaft.

sonic_darkknight

Jun 23, 2006
drive shaft rubber bushing still ok, very good condition. another thing i forgotten to mentioned also was when I'm cornering to the right, the left front felt like its sag a lot as if gonna topple. hope with these more infos can really pinpoint the real cause.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
drive shaft rubber bushing still ok, very good condition. another thing i forgotten to mentioned also was when I'm cornering to the right, the left front felt like its sag a lot as if gonna topple. hope with these more infos can really pinpoint the real cause.
rubber is one thing, must remove the cap and see the condition inside.

based on what you mentioned, it really sound like a drive shaft issue.
well, lets see what the rest gonna say.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

** try to do your balancing 1st.

**disc warped, brake piston caliper jammed, therefore uneven wear in the brake pads.

**brake caliper jammed.

**check any free play in upper arm, middle arm & both lower arms.

Actions taken so far:

Thanks a lot in advance.
replies above.

sonic_darkknight

Jun 23, 2006
rubber is one thing, must remove the cap and see the condition inside.

based on what you mentioned, it really sound like a drive shaft issue.
well, lets see what the rest gonna say.
Is there any particular sound or noise caused by broken driveshaft? whenever after I finished reversed the car and put into Drive mode and drive forward, there will always be a clicking sounds somewhere near to gearbox. one or two click sound, after that no more. could this also be a driveshaft symptom or something else?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Is there any particular sound or noise caused by broken driveshaft? whenever after I finished reversed the car and put into Drive mode and drive forward, there will always be a clicking sounds somewhere near to gearbox. one or two click sound, after that no more. could this also be a driveshaft symptom or something else?
Drive shaft normally the CV joint break down first and that is the shaft part attached to the wheel side. Normally get krak krak sound on full turn and that is the start. If half turn got sound means more serious and by the time slight turn got sound is very serious dy....

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Really, I am now in sg.. haha
Few years already.

My car is solved, very happy. Finally I resolved the issue.

You should let me know earlier, a friend of mine.
Change his perdana to manual but sold the car few months later for rx8...

Aiyo what a waste. But Perdana to rx8 quite a big jump no? But the Mazda should be a more thirsty drinker right.

As of now still haven't decided but most probably going for manual and overhaul engine as white smoke coming.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor

Aiyo what a waste. But Perdana to rx8 quite a big jump no? But the Mazda should be a more thirsty drinker right.

As of now still haven't decided but most probably going for manual and overhaul engine as white smoke coming.
oh..
what is the price for overhaul v6?
was told it is much higher, my friend paid RM3k for top overhaul..

while someone quote me RM1.5k for full overhaul

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
oh..
what is the price for overhaul v6?
was told it is much higher, my friend paid RM3k for top overhaul..

while someone quote me RM1.5k for full overhaul
Was quoted about 800 to 1k for top overhaul last year and full i think it was about 2k? Cant really remember. My engine overheated once cos radiator leak, if not wont makan minyak also:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

erm!!! i wanna ask... izzit v put magnet in de oil filter one??? will it cause fuel comsuption high??? cos i put a small strange magnet on it... i felt de engine better.. but de FC lik abit high.... izzit normal????
by de way.. izzit de oil filter loacted under de car.... i drving WIRA SE.....
i saw a blue tin ...... i think tat is de oil filter... izzit????
n i wanan ask.. de magnet sure will get hot right if v drive... i touch it.. damn hot man!!!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience