Difference between L2 and L5?

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
yes, i do plan to use it for longer, now is planning for the budget and also doing research before committing. but cant seem to find much recent info anymore on kancil mods.
manual are very rare nowdays, most of the halfcut are in Auto..
L5 3 piston and 4 piston (most of them call L6) also a lot of different.
If you plan to use as daily commute and no plan to upgrade, L6 will be the best choice..
But if you want fast and dont care of time maintenance L5 3 piston is very nice to use only things is using timing belt where 4 piston is chain belt.

3 piston torque is higher than 4 piston, but there is a rare 4 piston engine where the price is expensive and hard to get.. it is storia x4 engine 4piston 713cc sharing L5 4 piston engine and this one is a monter (price also monster since last i heard 2 years back engine lantai only RM 8,000) only manual no Auto

spare part is easy to get and not expensive..

Try to google it and choose what you really want..

*** every engine you change, puspakom is a must. dont forget that ***

Good luck:nurse::nurse::nurse::nurse:

Last edited:

daiboken

Feb 24, 2009
so 4 piston is considered l6. I read the engine cannot fit direct into kancil engine bay, need to mod, is correct?

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
so 4 piston is considered l6. I read the engine cannot fit direct into kancil engine bay, need to mod, is correct?
There are tons of L6 Kancil out there, my house also got one..:biggrin::biggrin:
it can be fit, mounting is the same only you need to modify something only.
JPJ no problem coz my Kancil, I send to puspakom by my own..

find a reliable workshop, got experience, they can change the engine for you without problem..
if you change to L6 engine, make sure to find L2S master brake pump servo thus remember dont use back disc from Mira coz Puspakom will fail since a lot of my friend faced such issue (drum better)

remember to get 13 inch above rims coz the front brake pump only can put in 13 inch rims and above

Good luck:driver::driver::burnout:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
If you are not comfortable in regarding to maintaining turbo engine, may I suggest going for Mira Gino 1000cc / Storia engine... basically Kelisa engine but with Japanese electronics

proven direct swap in kancil... you get big displacement NA engine + kelisa long ratio gearbox... great for cruising on highway

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
If you are not comfortable in regarding to maintaining turbo engine, may I suggest going for Mira Gino 1000cc / Storia engine... basically Kelisa engine but with Japanese electronics

proven direct swap in kancil... you get big displacement NA engine + kelisa long ratio gearbox... great for cruising on highway
JPJ able to pass ar sifu? if can me also want to change d.. after pass BOT.. lol..:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
JPJ able to pass ar sifu? if can me also want to change d.. after pass BOT.. lol..:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Wei! Manader sifu daa... Taufu ada la hehe

It's been a while since I lepak with my pomen... But nowadays i've seen lots of kancil 660/850 converted to 1000cc... When I ask owner, they say oredi endos... So it may be possible

:listen: 1000cc + long ratio gearbox + low boost TD04-09B + piggyback = :driver:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Wei! Manader sifu daa... Taufu ada la hehe

It's been a while since I lepak with my pomen... But nowadays i've seen lots of kancil 660/850 converted to 1000cc... When I ask owner, they say oredi endos... So it may be possible

:listen: 1000cc + long ratio gearbox + low boost TD04-09B + piggyback = :driver:

You not taufu la.. you taufu me still the bean only d, not yet grind become taufu:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
for me grab the engine, rojak with L5 3 piston then load in RHF5:nurse::nurse:
wonder :hmmmm2::hmmmm2: how many juice can generate:nurse::nurse:

If follow regulations, 660 to 1000, looks like cannot......:hmmmm:
Thats what am thinking now:biggrin::biggrin: coz kancil 1000 is my dream:biggrin: NA also no problem

make it as ori as possible, make like wolf with sheep skin...

Last edited:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
You not taufu la.. you taufu me still the bean only d, not yet grind become taufu:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I've seen dyno chart showing 120 - 130 whp for 1000cc blocks....

but so do people using JB-DET with mild cam upgrade + bigger turbo, you can see many kei-car heroes on local racing tracks prefers 660cc over 1000cc anyday

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Taufu no joke woh! Takumi skill.....lol:biggrin:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
takumi got skill... taufu just sit at the back, praying hard takumi not spill the water in the cup lo

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
I've seen dyno chart showing 120 - 130 whp for 1000cc blocks....

but so do people using JB-DET with mild cam upgrade + bigger turbo, you can see many kei-car heroes on local racing tracks prefers 660cc over 1000cc anyday
120 to 130 for a light body is more than enough d...
actually race track can not mod too heavy later engine overheat d..
for me prefer Auto coz drink too much knee unable to withstand the heavy clutch..

now using l6 for me is far more than enough since i like cornering not drag..:driver::driver:

takumi got skill... taufu just sit at the back, praying hard takumi not spill the water in the cup lo
WAH!!! Takumi man... Mr Papagoines Takumi.. lol:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

me still far far away to catch:bawling::bawling:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
120 to 130 for a light body is more than enough d...
actually race track can not mod too heavy later engine overheat d..
for me prefer Auto coz drink too much knee unable to withstand the heavy clutch..

now using l6 for me is far more than enough since i like cornering not drag..:driver::driver:
Same here... just use the stock setup... upgrade intake, exhaust and suspension only... you can outrun bigger cars on the corners :driver:

WAH!!! Takumi man... Mr Papagoines Takumi.. lol:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

me still far far away to catch:bawling::bawling:
me slowpoke :slug:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've been searching high and low for those transparent plastic/acrylic office blind rod which enables u to open or close the blinds. I wanna know where in KL or PJ can get it?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience