Need advice on brake kit

tonyparir

Apr 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hello, sorry if i opened a new thread, i'm sure this question has been asked over and over again in the past but i was unable to search for it..

I'm running on a stock eg6 brake kit and I'm planning on upgrading to;
1. a new project mu brake kit or
2. buy a spoon twinblock calipers then buy the hose, rotor and pad separately..

Currently just casual driving and early morning drive to genting... In the future (2-3months time) I would want to bring it to sepang..

Appreciate all the input

Sorry if I opened a redundant thread.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I don't know whats the difference is between the 2 brands, but both are reputable and both probably are incredibly efficient so probably I'd say go with your wallet. Then don't forget to upgrade the master cylinder too.

tonyparir

Apr 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I don't know whats the difference is between the 2 brands, but both are reputable and both probably are incredibly efficient so probably I'd say go with your wallet. Then don't forget to upgrade the master cylinder too.
Also, the project mu brake kit that i'm looking at is not from japan.. it's from taiwan... and the spoon twinblock it's from japan but only the caliper which is cost as much as the project mu brake kit

Will heed your advice on master cylinder upgrade

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Even your pads, use the right ones. For track if have budget use higher heat range, means probably need 2 sets of pads....one for daily drive.....

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
twin block spoon period.
alot of aftermarket pads since the pads follow the same config of EK9 original calipers.

tonyparir

Apr 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
twin block spoon period.
alot of aftermarket pads since the pads follow the same config of EK9 original calipers.
Bro if you suggest spoon calipers.. What i had mind is I will get a Project Mu 1 piece rotor and Project Mu brake pad, but do you have any suggestions on which steel braided hose i should be getting??

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
Bro if you suggest spoon calipers.. What i had mind is I will get a Project Mu 1 piece rotor and Project Mu brake pad, but do you have any suggestions on which steel braided hose i should be getting??
u can always paired it up with 282mm PMU rotors and pads.

as for SSBH, im using a set of PRO RS. alot in the market @ super circuit, works, endless, etc depending on ur moolah.

tonyparir

Apr 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
u can always paired it up with 282mm PMU rotors and pads.

as for SSBH, im using a set of PRO RS. alot in the market @ super circuit, works, endless, etc depending on ur moolah.
As long as I'm using 282mm rotors i can basically PnP isn't it?

Right now my dilemma is should i just order new one from samurai racing which is rm4800 but i'll have to wait till November or buy used for rm4300 which i can get instantly... or wait for god knows how long for someone to let it go cheaper..

I might spend 6-7k on the spoon caliber including the pad, rotor and hose... Whereas if i get taiwan PMU brand new all in all it will only cost me 4k(full set caliber pad 2 piece and steel hose)... My initial budget was 6k... I'm not sure if it is worth the extra $$ but if it is better in terms of performance wise and durability wise then I think it would be worth it... Some more I notice the spoon callipers are always in demand so in case I would want to sell it in the future I would not face much difficulties selling it

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
282mm for EG similar to EK9 config if im not mistaken. PnP.

well.. i bought mine 2nd hand and i didnt service it. the seals were all fine for my case.
and i am using it for the past 5 years - 3 pads cycles already.

PMU make in taiwan? i am unsure if PMU shifted their factory to taiwan for cheaper manufacturing cost.
but i tell you a friend who bought AP Racing made in taiwan almost lost his life. was told those AP's were made in taiwan.

my humble opinion is to get an original set and this is something u cant take it for granted. othwerwise you be better off with stock brakes then.
remember.. good stuffs aint cheap and cheap stuffs aint good.

cheers.

tonyparir

Apr 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
282mm for EG similar to EK9 config if im not mistaken. PnP.

well.. i bought mine 2nd hand and i didnt service it. the seals were all fine for my case.
and i am using it for the past 5 years - 3 pads cycles already.

PMU make in taiwan? i am unsure if PMU shifted their factory to taiwan for cheaper manufacturing cost.
but i tell you a friend who bought AP Racing made in taiwan almost lost his life. was told those AP's were made in taiwan.

my humble opinion is to get an original set and this is something u cant take it for granted. othwerwise you be better off with stock brakes then.
remember.. good stuffs aint cheap and cheap stuffs aint good.

cheers.

I'm not sure if PMU shifted to Taiwan or not but the seller told me it's confirm not from Japan. He said either China or Taiwan, i forgot...

Okay i think made up my mind already lol, thx for the input. I will stick with Spoon... Will upload photos too once i installed everything..

Do you mind sharing how much you bought the calipers back then?

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
I'm not sure if PMU shifted to Taiwan or not but the seller told me it's confirm not from Japan. He said either China or Taiwan, i forgot...

Okay i think made up my mind already lol, thx for the input. I will stick with Spoon... Will upload photos too once i installed everything..

Do you mind sharing how much you bought the calipers back then?
china? hell no. the last place ever for your calipers to be manufactured at.
RM 3.3k with 90% endless SSY pads.

trust me man.. you will not regret every single cents u put in.
and please dont get addicted to last minute braking for daily driving. haha.

Spoon twinblock will be damn sufficient. Track usage ? This car was using it :
https://youtu.be/6Lz618k9YJY

Nuff said, i believe.
hell yes! :adore::adore::adore:

tonyparir

Apr 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
china? hell no. the last place ever for your calipers to be manufactured at.

RM 3.3k with 90% endless SSY pads.

trust me man.. you will not regret every single cents u put in.

and please dont get addicted to last minute braking for daily driving. haha.

:

Wtf 3.3k with pad is a steal... I'm quoted 4k for used with pads or rotor or hose lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Meet the Jaguar F-Pace. A new contender and yet another contributing proof, indicating the immense market needs for more SUVs. Nevertheless, the F-Pace combines what’s good from Jaguar and the key features wanted in the market nowadays.

Sitting in the same league as the Porsche Macan, Audi Q5 and Mercedes GLC, the Jaguar F-Pace boasts a sleeker design; taking cues from its full-size sedan sibling, the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience