Car Swerves When Accelerates

tuileihai

Mar 31, 2015
After I had my car wheels balancing and alignment done, when I accelerated my car, it started to swerve light and right. My steering wheel had no control over it. It happened every now and then.
Where is the possible problem?

tuileihai

Mar 31, 2015
When I pressed on the accelerator, and as the car picked up, I can feel the whole car slightly swerving left and right on its own momentarily. It is an old Proton Iswara.

But why right after balancing and alignment? Or maybe did not tighten something....:rolleyes:

tuileihai

Mar 31, 2015
Before I did my balancing and alignment, I noticed at times the steering shaking lightly and I let go of my hands from the steering wheel, it would slowly swerved towards the left side.

That was the reason I sent my car for wheel balancing and alignment. And now I found out this new problem. The swerving movement is as if my car being lifted up by strong gust of wind or speeding thru' a big patch of water on the road.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Jul 6, 2000
there is definitely something seriously wrong.

A quick video would help us help you identify the problem

Shinjite

Feb 27, 2006
Before I did my balancing and alignment, I noticed at times the steering shaking lightly and I let go of my hands from the steering wheel, it would slowly swerved towards the left side.

That was the reason I sent my car for wheel balancing and alignment. And now I found out this new problem. The swerving movement is as if my car being lifted up by strong gust of wind or speeding thru' a big patch of water on the road.
TLH, go to another alignment shop to get a second opinion

Go get a 2nd opinion and redo alignment.

Initially I thought it was torque steer until I saw what car you drove then that thought went out the window. Unless you have a 4G63T inside?

And what RPM do you experience this swerving? Do you feel it even when driving slow or only when you accelerate hard?

KenDiriwan

Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Go get a 2nd opinion and redo alignment.

Initially I thought it was torque steer until I saw what car you drove then that thought went out the window. Unless you have a 4G63T inside?

And what RPM do you experience this swerving? Do you feel it even when driving slow or only when you accelerate hard?
Exact feeling right here, was deeply curious to know the powertrain but oh well.

Any sifus have experience in decarbonising car engines? Does using bottles of cleansing chemicals work as claimed - whatever the brand?

Any reliable mechanic to do this service in Klang Valley?