What RPM when shifting gear (manual)

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
What car does he drive? Maybe one of those Honda VTEC 9k rpm screamers, is it? So 4k feels like a leisurely walk in the park. :biggrin:
It's a "hybridized" turbo silvertop engine

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

No problem... Depends what make of engine. A lot of tough ass older engines are built to last 200k - 500k km before needing a rebuild. Even those honda that revs the shit out of them... But if cruising constant on highway at 4k rpm that different story lah :biggrin:
Old car with only 4 gears GB can go as high as 4k rpm when running legal speed at highway.
Must be noise, and high in petrol consumption.
Compared to conti cars that does 2k-range rpm when doing highway runs.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
my rpm meter broken.....so donno exactly what rpm to shift....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
If your car tacho is 9K or above...shifting at 4K is nothing...BUT unfortunately MOST car are max at 8K RPM
Lol... Most cars max at 8k rpm? You sure or not? :biggrin:

I would say most cars max out at 6200-6500 rpm.
Even Honda's less aggressive i-vtec will do 6800 rpm.
Those ecocar like old city i-dsi max out at 5500 rpm.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
some rpm meter only show "redline", but in actual fact the needle can hardly reach the redline region....My uncle's 1.3 ploton saga cant touch the redline (when driven on the road) no matter how you stomp the pedal.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Uh not 7k meh? I also used to have 4G63 and it was 7k rpm redline what. Evos also 7k redline.
Max power at 6K rpm so no point rev to 7k...:driver:

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

some rpm meter only show "redline", but in actual fact the needle can hardly reach the redline region....My uncle's 1.3 ploton saga cant touch the redline (when driven on the road) no matter how you stomp the pedal.
Auto? Try rev engine only, should reach redline....:rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Auto? Try rev engine only, should reach redline....:rofl:[/QUOTE]

yep, its auto. More like auta auto. When gear in N, the engine could rev to redline, but sound like broken record. The exhaust emit smoke like mosquito fogging machine. hahah

Anyway, me think it's useless for a proton rpm meter that shows redline region, but in reality, it could not reach the red zone when driven. for show show oni....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yep, its auto. More like auta auto. When gear in N, the engine could rev to redline, but sound like broken record. The exhaust emit smoke like mosquito fogging machine. hahah

Anyway, me think it's useless for a proton rpm meter that shows redline region, but in reality, it could not reach the red zone when driven. for show show oni....
Auto is like that mah! Reach certain rpm they auto switch gear. On final drive you cannot reach redline, even my VR cannot reach redline on final drive. First 3 gear easily reach of course.
If auto want to reach redline, switch the gear manually, means lock into gear and drive.....hhahhahaha

PS...Wah! at night you can fog your house....hhahhahahaha:rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

My old Wira could bounce off the limiter and rev to 6.5k rpm at highest gear. Why yours cannot ah? :biggrin:

Time for an overhaul!

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I suspect the carb is out of tune....and my unker didn't care about it. He drove like old snail, anyway.:listen:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Lol... Most cars max at 8k rpm? You sure or not? :biggrin:

I would say most cars max out at 6200-6500 rpm.
Even Honda's less aggressive i-vtec will do 6800 rpm.
Those ecocar like old city i-dsi max out at 5500 rpm.
am not taking about when the redline start...talking about max on tacho ler.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I suspect the carb is out of tune....and my unker didn't care about it. He drove like old snail, anyway.:listen:
Izso will say car not run in properly.....lol:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

My old Wira could bounce off the limiter and rev to 6.5k rpm at highest gear. Why yours cannot ah? :biggrin:

Time for an overhaul!
He already say can fog mosquitoes.....hhahhahahhahaha:biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Izso will say car not run in properly.....lol:biggrin:
Izso will oso say must rev rev engine......

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

He already say can fog mosquitoes.....hhahhahahhahaha:biggrin:
hahaha, the thick smoke can either used fog mosquito when the car is stationary, or to deter tail-gater when driven on the road....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So... Yesterday it was raining heavily, i was excited! :burnout:
It is time to test out how the ONR, and the wax and the UQD turned out!

Once it stoped raining i went out the my phone and snap some pics.

The BMW E34
With a protected and threated paint

without....

look at the water beading...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience