Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
this is typical of new cars ownership.

just like my junior staff bought a his new Iphone a few weeks back. Buy expensive leather sleeve for it. Then buy a few fancy silicone sleeves too.
He even said the takes his new iphone to sleep, coz the syoikness.

Anyway, back to the topic in hand....

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
I once had a female colleague staying in PJ. She bought a brand new Vios. Her knows-all father told her not to drive so fast and should maintain engine speed below 2500rpm so the new engine can break-in. (dont ask me why that rpm and how).

So, she really religiously drove at snail pace everyday to & fro office/home via LDP. Every car driving behind her honk her like nobody business. She pulak, ignored everybody.

Now, imagine every new car owners drive like that in KL.... :biggrin:
We imagine her takut2...
While the reality is, she blame any other driver honking at her...
"Why go fast? cannot see traffic ahead ah? cannot see this is new car ah? Stupid fellas...."

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I think the key is to drive at reasonable speed, that goes with the flow.

I am sure driving, say 60kmph in a 90kmph zone is perfectly legal. One can even drive at 30kmph if she/he wanted to.
But imagine the situation when the car is holding up traffic in KL. I think this is like road-hogging.

Anyway, I am sure bro at ZTH understand how & why "pole position" works in F1 races.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think the key is to drive at reasonable speed, that goes with the flow.

I am sure driving, say 60kmph in a 90kmph zone is perfectly legal. One can even drive at 30kmph if she/he wanted to.
But imagine the situation when the car is holding up traffic in KL. I think this is like road-hogging.

Anyway, I am sure bro at ZTH understand how & why "pole position" works in F1 races.
I have heard that some overseas highway have dedicated lane speed limit, meaning example, lane for 90, 110 and 130, and if you are doing slower than 110 then you have to be in 90 lane and if slower than 90 in the slow lane. Seems you can get fined for that.....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
There are many who drives like snail one. Just use as transportation from point A to B drivers......hhhahahhahah
Like my kancil hahaha. Seldom rev it unless up hill have to use low gear

I once had a female colleague staying in PJ. She bought a brand new Vios. Her knows-all father told her not to drive so fast and should maintain engine speed below 2500rpm so the new engine can break-in. (dont ask me why that rpm and how).

So, she really religiously drove at snail pace everyday to & fro office/home via LDP. Every car driving behind her honk her like nobody business. She pulak, ignored everybody.

Now, imagine every new car owners drive like that in KL.... :biggrin:
That was told by sales advisor usually, Not to rev the car over certain rpm until engine break in after 1000km what no?

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Like my kancil hahaha. Seldom rev it unless up hill have to use low gear

That was told by sales advisor usually, Not to rev the car over certain rpm until engine break in after 1000km what no?
Yes, but thereafter rev like crazy mah! but they continue below 3k rpm.....lol:rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Some petrolhead guys wants to uninstall/remove rev limiter of their engines....
while some female drivers donwan to rev more than 3k rpm, treat engine nice-nice....(like that, they can drive a bus lor :biggrin:)

Different folks, different strokes, I guess....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
while some female drivers donwan to rev more than 3k rpm, treat engine nice-nice....(like that, they can drive a bus lor :biggrin:)

After 3K rpm for me, i dont want cuz makan minyak hahahaha! But only when cruising on highway la. Maintain below 3K RPM.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

They should drive diesel......:driver:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
As we all know, diesel quality in Malaysia so "geng".....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
if diesel better quality in Malaysia...i will change my car to pickup with diesel engine.....(a good reason to change car)

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
If you knew how car feedback.
Guarenteed u will complaim when drive wife/gf/women car lah...lol.
There not right, here not right.
Frankly speak, my wife say as long car can move. Hahaha...I don blamed her, teach her also.
So guys, test drive their car once a while to make sure all in orders.

Women good in memorizing, after teach my wife service interval. She teach me take her car go service :banghead:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I have a lady ex colleague who knows to send for service, pump petrol that is all. One day at office car cannot start called me to have a look. Battery leaking badly, white powder on terminals, found that the leaks drip to the bottom and corroded the metal body and the negative cable have come loose......lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Globalization is supposed to bring the world closer together by integrating all the different aspects of our lives to function as one big and well-lubricated machine. So logic dictates that a globally designed car would fly off the showroom floors faster than an underground fiber optics cable could send an e-brochure of it your way.

This brings us then to the Chevrolet Cruze, a truly global car and the model...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience