Perdana V6 Community Forum *

sharvin15

Dec 19, 2014
Johor Bahru
Hi sifus, I'm new here and would like to get your advises about rim fitments. I would like to go concave style which doesn't come out from fenders and no stretched tyres as well. Rims 18x8jj ET35 front and 18x9jj ET32 rear. The shop guy asked me to buy tyres 235/40/18 for front and 255/35/18 rear and he said it will be nice like how I wanted. Please view the picture that I showed him how exactly I wanted. Not forgetting I'm referring to install those rims on Proton Perdana.

Attachments

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
perdana dont have rear wheel arches. if u want the rims not to stick out from fenders u need to get japan rims
there are lotsa vossens in the market try to find 18x8jj all round.
front use 225, rear use 235.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi sifus, I'm new here and would like to get your advises about rim fitments. I would like to go concave style which doesn't come out from fenders and no stretched tyres as well. Rims 18x8jj ET35 front and 18x9jj ET32 rear. The shop guy asked me to buy tyres 235/40/18 for front and 255/35/18 rear and he said it will be nice like how I wanted. Please view the picture that I showed him how exactly I wanted. Not forgetting I'm referring to install those rims on Proton Perdana.
As far as I know ET35 front and ET32 rear, the wheel will come out slightly.
The tyre sizes mentioned are of correct diameter within 3% change but they are just too huge especially 255 in the rear.
I will recommend 225 like bro. Danz mentioned but all round, then you can rotate your tyres. If use different size you will have tyre problem later on, and Perdana is FWD not RWD or is yours mod to 4WD?

Last edited:

sharvin15

Dec 19, 2014
Johor Bahru
perdana dont have rear wheel arches. if u want the rims not to stick out from fenders u need to get japan rims
there are lotsa vossens in the market try to find 18x8jj all round.
front use 225, rear use 235.
Hi DanzEterna, thank you for your reply. You mean front and rear 8jj? So the ET's must different is it to get rear rims look more inner (concave style) compared to the front? Can advise the correct rim spec I can go for and the tyres as well? 225/40/18 front and 235/35/18 is it? Final question, if I would like to modify rear wheel arches (body kit?) then the rim and tyres spec I mentioned earlier would be fine?

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Mine is not modified. FWD. So anyhow the rims spec I mentioned is gonna stick out of fenders and the tyres sizes especially 255 is to wide. Hmm. Then if I use 225 for the mentioned both front and rear rims specs, it will be stretched and looks uneven for the rear and front?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, if stick to 9JJ then 225 size tyres will be stretched. If going for looks only then follow your dream of having wider rear tyres, but with wheels sticking out, on full load you might just be scrubbing your tyres to your fenders

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
previously i was using P1 buddyclub rims, 8jj front , 9jj rear et bout 25 if not mistaken, but definitely less than et30.
even the rear was 9jj but it is inside the fenders.
i was using 225/45/17 front - 255/40 or 45 /17 rear

sharvin15

Dec 19, 2014
Johor Bahru
Yup, if stick to 9JJ then 225 size tyres will be stretched. If going for looks only then follow your dream of having wider rear tyres, but with wheels sticking out, on full load you might just be scrubbing your tyres to your fenders
Bending the fenders and doing extra bodykit as wheel arches will help? My satria neo I used 205/45/17
17x9jj et30 front rear (the black one) I did the bending and installed adjustable was okay. With 2 or 3 person behind will scrub the tyres a lil. After that changed to 205/45/17 17x7.5jj et forgot and 215/45/17 17x8.5jj et forgot also (the vossen cvt) rarely scrub with 3 person unless i hit the pothole. So I just assumed perdana has wider body compared to neo and would be fine. Hmm

Attachments

sharvin15

Dec 19, 2014
Johor Bahru
previously i was using P1 buddyclub rims, 8jj front , 9jj rear et bout 25 if not mistaken, but definitely less than et30.
wahh, how come ah? it depends on the make is it? because et lesser than 30 should be out of fenders right? maybe because it's 17 inches is it? the rims spec you used and tyres are the quite same excluding mine is 18 inches with et35 front and rear et 32 (which should be in the fender compared to yours i assume) and tyres series is front 40 and rear 35.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If ET30 still inside the fender then TS needs lower PCD for the rims to come out. Most cars with 35 already in line with fender plus tyres actually comes out already...:hmmmm:

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Guys I have a question, my perdana right side always visibly lower than the left hand side, and I think its causing my right side tyre outer part to wear prematurely. Previously the tyre wear pattern also similar, but that time my front right camber was off, now bengkok balik but still wear pattern the same. I have adjustable suspension and previously already adjust so that right side slightly higher.

Any ideas what might be causing this? Appreciate your advice.

Regards

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Higher and lower suspension should not affect your tyre wear if the camber and alignment setting is correct. If you are getting outer shoulder wear and you do plenty of faster corners you should set more negative camber. Being FWD the alignment also have to toe out

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Hi vr2turbo, however I am only getting extra wear on the outer tyre of the right hand side. And perdana camber cant be set right? I mean adjusted easily other than to bend the arm thingie? How much toe out is required?

update: also guys, what is the normal pressure for your tyres? I try to follow the placard on the door but it seems the tyres are squished, like not enough air. i pump 220kpa front and 200kpa rear

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi vr2turbo, however I am only getting extra wear on the outer tyre of the right hand side. And perdana camber cant be set right? I mean adjusted easily other than to bend the arm thingie? How much toe out is required?

update: also guys, what is the normal pressure for your tyres? I try to follow the placard on the door but it seems the tyres are squished, like not enough air. i pump 220kpa front and 200kpa rear
Oh! you did the camber by bending the absorber/knuckle? Did they remove from the car to get it hydraulically pressed or they did it on the car?
Taking out to press it the right way, if they did it on the car using hand held hydraulic press it could have hurt your wheel bearings already.
Anyway the easy way nowadays is to fit the camber nut, then you can adjust whatever settings you want. However as with everything you do have pros and cons.
For camber and toe, first is to set to your factory recommendation. However if your camber is set more negative then the toe angle is set slightly inner. Inner does not mean toe in, but can still be toe out but with lesser angle. I cannot give you a figure as it all depends on the camber setting.

If your factory recommendation is 220/200 this is cold tyre pressure, therefore if you drive to pump your air at the station fill in more as your tyres have already heated up. Probably 240/220 and also is the station pump meter correct?
Air pressure also can be individually set. For example now at 220/200 how do you feel? Is the ride bumpy or floaty? What tyre aspect ratio? Are you still on original 205/55R16 or have changed to 17" with lower profile?
I guess you still feel comfy with 220/200 you can increase the pressure up higher until a point you feel bumpy then reduce back slightly. You can set your own air pressure setting....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear sifu,

After I install the central locking, my door lamp function when door open. Door lamp cannot function when i switch on... central lock is ok... Do my wiring got problem? because 4 wire i only use and 1 white wire no use...

please help me.. dear sifu...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience