Malaysia Car Detailing Guru KC present - Restoring a world tourer Ducati Multistrada

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
If ever you have a dream, what would you be dreaming about?
John Lenon
"You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one"

the journey of a dreamer!

the finest ever make by italian .....a class of its own...like lambroghini and ferrari
has been very famlous for street bike, but not off roader and tourer.....came one day...the engineer managed to put 4 bikes into one .....came birth of Multi-strada

the day came when the rubber hits the road...abroad in China

a 23 days of adventure covering 5,168 kilometres. The expedition is to prove the reliability of the Ducati Multistrada to survive the gruelling task demanded of the famed Italian brand. The trip will start from Tianjin, from which the convoy will travel to Shenyang, Harbin, Heilongjiang and ends at Inner Mongolia.

this is one of the many tour.......since then, it has been to many country and miles

that 24 days ..... they group went through fire and hell...through stroms and rain....finally return home

2 years later and after many many trips later.....one day on our way up to thailand...opppppssssssssssssssss

we went over lander and ............... it was scraped by a road cone

wheels full of dirt and chain lube.....one of the most difficult to detail

scrubs

more scrubs

My aim is to correct the hurt and heal the wounded ...................protecting for many many years and trips to come
i have to face with soft paint...but not that soft over all.....plastic parts....mostly unpainted and clear shield ....
many many engine parts, comprises of allow and stainless steel

Hurdle
I did A 4 series in the morning for 10 hours and come another mini giant!!!!!!!!!bearing of tired body, aching muscle and tired eyes....(detailing a white car & strained eye sights)

countless wound and scratches from the tight spots of the engine parts , wheels

Menu for the day!
1. wash and clay and QD and Dry
2. Paint correction - Compound by M101 With Cutting pad! step down and finish by polish by M205 with polishing pad

some tight spot has to be hand compound n polished

3. Protection - obviously coating

after many many washes

I tape for 50/50% comparrision later

showing you another side too

after polish....slight improvement

I had to redo from the start again to
Compound ......Then Repolish

tada

before

tadaaaaaaaaa

before

tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

the fork before

tadaaaaaaaaaaaaa

some finishing pictures for your viewing pleasure

even hi tempreature exhaust is taking a chance - very dear set termignoni exhaust

even the seat is coated

even back rest coated

fuel cap

close up

many many trips later I had the opportunity to join them for another over lander trip....the results is astonishing

a year later after my coating we went off to another over lander trip to Thailand...after many days of rain and dust....the looks remain the same...and this ride is permanent protected

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Re: Malaysia Car Detailing Guru KC present - Restoring a world tourer Ducati Multist

Bike actually harder to detail. Small panels, too many curves, many nooks and corners, plenty of taping work etc. etc.....hats off to you.....:adore:

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Re: Malaysia Car Detailing Guru KC present - Restoring a world tourer Ducati Multist

Bike actually harder to detail. Small panels, too many curves, many nooks and corners, plenty of taping work etc. etc.....hats off to you.....:adore:

Bro
Thanks for your compliments, I do agree bikes is harder to reatore and rescue than car! Basically they are
More parts and more exposure to contaminants! Eg car you got paint and cover
As for bike is all naked!
I wouldn't do it for anyone except for close buddy! I did for him as a token of gift for our friendship! Wouldn't have taken up this job! My intention is to share my passion and chart a path for others to do it on their own

Wait for more to come ! Buy kacang and sit back to see

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Bro
Thanks for your compliments, I do agree bikes is harder to reatore and rescue than car! Basically they are
More parts and more exposure to contaminants! Eg car you got paint and cover
As for bike is all naked!
I wouldn't do it for anyone except for close buddy! I did for him as a token of gift for our friendship! Wouldn't have taken up this job! My intention is to share my passion and chart a path for others to do it on their own

Wait for more to come ! Buy kacang and sit back to see
Kacang and beer not on you meh?.....hhahahhahhaha:rofl:

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

Kacang and beer not on you meh?.....hhahahhahhaha:rofl:
Teh tarik ok? In car detailing enthusiast chat bukan KL GP race tak Ada aponsor

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, i am totally new in car maintaining as i am going to get my first own car soon.
Is Tufoil suitable to use for a brand new car? Will it void warranty?

I understand that every 5000 km we need to change car oil which we called black oil in cantonese. So is Tufoil a kind of black oil or it's a supplement oil which means we still need to use black oil + Tufoil?

Where do we fill Tufoil into? How? When?

Sry if the questions r too newbie :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience