Lightweight Rims 4x108

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I see....But replicas is always heavier right???? I mean there is no such thing as replica being the same weight as the originals right???
Depends on what rims which are replicated.
If the original rims copied are also heavy, then the replica also not difficult to do and just be as heavy. :biggrin:
If try to replica Rays TE37 or CE28N, then not easy to replicate the same weight. Might still be able to but would not have the same strength.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Depends on what rims which are replicated.
If the original rims copied are also heavy, then the replica also not difficult to do and just be as heavy. :biggrin:
If try to replica Rays TE37 or CE28N, then not easy to replicate the same weight. Might still be able to but would not have the same strength.
That is the most frightening part. Certain parts and places are drilled out to lighten the rims, therefore if the material not strong sure not same strength....:banghead:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
can use replica, but dont hantam-hantam the rims like forged rims....
Not all ppl use forged ori rim for performance, some go for looks....I see such cases on the road in Malaysia.

Just like cars with trd, nismo, HKS, R3, etc stickers. Mostly done-up to create the +100hp "looks" of the car, but in actual fact, the car is a standard ride.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
6UEST....Is Advanti and Lenso that you mentioned light weight? Coz i saw my friend's advanti before, but is heavy. I guess its a replica thats why....

One more thing.....does lighter rims equals weaker rims?
I see....But replicas is always heavier right???? I mean there is no such thing as replica being the same weight as the originals right???
Dude... wanna stab you with a spoon already.

What are "replica" rims? Imitation copies of the originals. Copies. Meaning they are cheapass copies made with zero QC and use the same branding as the original. A "replica" will have the same looks, logo, printing, etc but is probably made in Gombak instead of Japan/USA. What do you think the weight will be like for fake imitations/replicas?

If you google rim technology, you'll find single cast, multi-piece, flow form forged, etc. Each style have their own strengths and weaknesses. Read about it here : http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=90

You want to see how good an ori rim is compare the Enkei RPF01 with any of its replicas or copies or similarly designed rims from any company. Nothing is lighter than the original. Probably nothing is as strong too but if compared to my previous Advanti Storm series rim, Advanti is heavier but it was one helluva tough rim. Took all the accidental pot hole beatings without breaking a sweat.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
can use replica, but dont hantam-hantam the rims like forged rims....
Not all ppl use forged ori rim for performance, some go for looks....I see such cases on the road in Malaysia.

Just like cars with trd, nismo, HKS, R3, etc stickers. Mostly done-up to create the +100hp "looks" of the car, but in actual fact, the car is a standard ride.
For looks then yes, but if want lightweight then have to be original.....:burnout:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
You want to see how good an ori rim is compare the Enkei RPF01 with any of its replicas or copies or similarly designed rims from any company. Nothing is lighter than the original. Probably nothing is as strong too but if compared to my previous Advanti Storm series rim, Advanti is heavier but it was one helluva tough rim. Took all the accidental pot hole beatings without breaking a sweat.
Am sad everywhere are RPF01 replicas, am proud none of theirs as light as mine.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Am sad everywhere are RPF01 replicas, am proud none of theirs as light as mine.
Yeah, I'm actually tempted to buy a set of used ori RPF1 due to the perfect size 17x9 Et45 but then there are so many replicas available! So I think I just stay with my current Prodrive coz at least I never seen even once on the road, not even replica ones. :biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
If tight budget and for looks oni....go replica.

If got budget, but halfcut ori forged rims..

If got more budget, buy new ori forged rims...

Why?

My unker paid full for his halfcut ori TE37 rims, but discovered that 1 of the rim was damaged and repaired (then painted over. No wonder the rims looks so nice) before. Definitely no syoik oredi, and kept him worried even the rims were used ori rim. Donno if the repair was done correctly or safely.

The shop boss die-die insisted my unker damaged the after after the purchase...So no refund. Cilakak case....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Why?

My unker paid full for his halfcut ori TE37 rims, but discovered that 1 of the rim was damaged and repaired (then painted over. No wonder the rims looks so nice) before. Definitely no syoik oredi, and kept him worried even the rims were used ori rim. Donno if the repair was done correctly or safely.

The shop boss die-die insisted my unker damaged the after after the purchase...So no refund. Cilakak case....
I'd say if got tight budget still go for ori but those cheaper ones like Enkei Tuning, Advanti, or Lenso. If still cannot afford those level of rims then just don't buy.

Got a bit more budget, can buy used cast ori Japan rims.
Got a bit more then go used ori forged, or new cast ori Japan rims.
Got a lot of budget then buy new forged ones.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Why?

Always the case, they wash their hands and put blame on others.....:banghead:

Rims repair if dented only it is safe to use, but I have seen cracked rims being repaired. After respray cannot see the difference but very dangerous to use.....

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Whoaaaaaaa.....Good info and sharing here.....Cun la.....Now i know.....

But must go through the difficulty of.......... PCD 4x108......Hahahahahahah

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Marv, I have the same experience as you do. My ex 206 also on PCD108. What I did was i bought the rim I wanted then together with the stock rim. It was brought to a machine shop in Jln Chan Sow Lin to have a set of Aluminium Alloy adapter made. I change my PCD from 108 to 100. Front thickness was half inch and the rear 1 inch. I ran with this setup until I sold my car and recently I was tagged in a pic as the car was spotted in Kuantan. It still have the adapter spacer but owner has changed to another set of rims.

I have used Advanti, replica rims before and Izso was kind enough to say I'm nuts/crazy for using replica rims on track. Yup. I was running replica rims on track days and time attack but I've already moved away from replica rims reason is they are light even lighter than Advanti but be prepared to pay for the higher price. Advanti are good rims and I have no regret on using them previously on my ex car. You can find used cast japan rims like the 57C or the WORKS CR Kai..etc..Forged rims are more expensive but they are still prone to dents and crack if they are hit hard.

Just slowly shop for your rims, no need to hurry. Cheers.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Always the case, they wash their hands and put blame on others.....:banghead:

Rims repair if dented only it is safe to use, but I have seen cracked rims being repaired. After respray cannot see the difference but very dangerous to use.....
hahaha, unless examine the rims using x-ray machine........to detect any micro cracks, etc. Like CSI oredi.....

The cheating boss of the rim shop sure gonna pissed and worried....

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

Marv, I have the same experience as you do. My ex 206 also on PCD108. What I did was i bought the rim I wanted then together with the stock rim. It was brought to a machine shop in Jln Chan Sow Lin to have a set of Aluminium Alloy adapter made. I change my PCD from 108 to 100. Front thickness was half inch and the rear 1 inch. I ran with this setup until I sold my car and recently I was tagged in a pic as the car was spotted in Kuantan. It still have the adapter spacer but owner has changed to another set of rims.

I have used Advanti, replica rims before and Izso was kind enough to say I'm nuts/crazy for using replica rims on track. Yup. I was running replica rims on track days and time attack but I've already moved away from replica rims reason is they are light even lighter than Advanti but be prepared to pay for the higher price. Advanti are good rims and I have no regret on using them previously on my ex car. You can find used cast japan rims like the 57C or the WORKS CR Kai..etc..Forged rims are more expensive but they are still prone to dents and crack if they are hit hard.

Just slowly shop for your rims, no need to hurry. Cheers.
That is right...
Slowly shop for rims to get the cun-cun ones.
The "slow" also implies one to spend enuf time and to save lots of dough to make make huge payment. :biggrin: