Saga FLX issue (help me)

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Well, my taikor BLM is still running. Got no problem like u guys had.
Battery has been good, the Ramcar battery served me 3 years before being replaced as a precaution.
Maybe it last long because i do long distances last time.
Still i am on my 2nd battery now.
Why i called it Taikor? because mine is the 1st batch model.

Maybe i am lucky i dont have the immobiliser.

Recently the engine stalled and becomes hard to start.
I was panic at first before i just sigh as i know its my fault for not replacing the canister thing.
If not mistaken a faulty one will cause bad fc and sometimes choke the engine.
Maybe this is the thing they called vapor lock.
That's the canister purge valve..If I'm right...when it's going to fail it emits a sound like a sewing machine.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
You change the canister then ok?
Yup,so far so good.
Fc improve a lot actually.
Almost beyond believe...well,maybe i have been driving with faulty part for so long.

Like bro titan rev said,tak3 sound like sewing machine.
When u hold the canister u can feel the strong tapping.
Those with no engine knowledge will either said its teppet or iafm sound.

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
Guys, i have solved the prob already.

Well long story short.. the root cause was the.....

STANDARD ALARM !!!!

1st, some friend of mine (friend's friend) who is a myvi addict claimed it was the alarm and say old Persona has this issue n standard. I did not believe as he said forums mostly are fake. (he said not me) . I did show him the video and he said it must be alarm if immobilizer sure sounds like dead battery. (i tried bcoz i have a key with no immobilizer, it was right)

then a senior officemate told me, his savvy having the same issue with the alarm after removing it was ok.

So i removed the standard alarm, which was behind the car.

Now already months. My car starts normal and easily even when it sounds it will die (just like the alarm issue), it can still start the car.

p/s offtopic: where to remove immobilizer??

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Good for you bro... but for me its still unresolved because mine is the SV version, without any immobilizer

If you watch my vid over at youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVU-xV4bks8

there's a foreman from sabah (BaoBao LaoLao) commented about a possible solution... and its kinda spot on... he claimed that the issue is with our cam angle sensor.. the sensor itself is not faulty...

it's more of the socket itself.... he says that the socket's contact point can come lose at some point in time... a lil fiddling might do the trick

I've got this issue sporadically last year, and when it did happened in a service center, they turned deaf ears when I mentioned about the socket :banghead: since when they crank it again after a few minute, the car can start again... aiyaaa:bawling:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ferrari’s 4.5L dry-sump, 90-degree, naturally-aspirated V8 engine managed to win the Best Performance Engine for the second year running during the prestigious International Engine of the Year Awards.

A panel of motoring journalists from 35 countries inspected and judged the shortlisted engines that made it into the final selection using their driving impressions and technical...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience