3-Stage VTEC--COMPREHENSIVE INFO ON D15B/D15z7

stormlcc

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.beastarkaraoke.com.my
Big[V];4330045 said:
u can slap in any d series motor in but if you are thinking of putting d15b 3 stage + CVT, some chassis & undercarriage work is required to clear the massive cvt gearbox as the EF engine bay space is limited.

From carb based convert to EFI it's a hefty process. Make sure you get all the required components before you start. The last thing you'd want to do is frantically looking for parts when suddenly faced a hurdle during the swap.

Best recommendation is getting a d15b half cut. maybe pricey but much less headache. consider it a bit of extra for some peace of mind.
i am getting the halfcut, because the dashboard swap is also part of "the plan". from your description of the cvt gearbox fitting in problem, i think it won't be much of a problem for me because the engine i'm getting is the 1st or 2nd gen with the normal AT gearbox. the one with CVT is the latest model from the EK series right?

the thing is, i've bean searching frantically in the net for halfcut prices, can't seem to find any, all of them were engine lantai (priced between RM800-1500 depends on what u get), anyone knows the current price of a halfcut?

Big[V]

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
you'd have to search for it online. d15b half cuts are not common as they are not popular swap choices.

Which year half cut do you have in mind?

stormlcc

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.beastarkaraoke.com.my
Big[V];4330276 said:
you'd have to search for it online. d15b half cuts are not common as they are not popular swap choices.

Which year half cut do you have in mind?
i'm looking for year 94 or 95. if halfcuts are hard to find, then the obvious choice is engine lantai, although i would really want a halfcut because i want the dashboard, wiring and brakes

if really cant find all the stuff i need for the D15B project, then my second choice will be a B16A auto transplant, although it's twice the price (around RM5000), this one sure can get complete parts without any headaches

ae110_toms

Dec 27, 2007
everybody knows how much it costs, the half cut of this D15B 3 stages vtec? price of engine lantai too?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
try order custom camshaft from matspeed or powerzone....

it might worth to check out first..

tks84

Known Member
May 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hie there, wanna ask some questions...
i'm using D series engine too (LONG LIVE D SERIES:proud:)
Mine is a 1.6 songle cam non vtec (D16a1 i guess) from honda DA7 recond car from japan ODB1)
Questions = can i mod from non vtec to vtec?what are the steps?price?problem?
or straigh away go for BOT? JPJ?
i heard powerzone has high cam for Dseries...has anyone inquiry before?

takubo

Known Member
Dec 26, 2007
Anybody ??? Takkan all main DOHC :biggrin: ... where are the SOHC Vtec ???
Hye bro,Still rUnning ur soch vtec?i'm oso D series lover.just found this thread..wish i could share something here...:listen:

ringo5185

May 2, 2008
I'm running on a D15B 16V non-vtec too..City Type-Z....you can get a few affordable upgrades like d-series light crank pulley, change to 4-2-1 manifold...etc...but will not increase the power tremendously, perhaps maybe 1 to 5whp if you are lucky. Dyno run stated at only 109whp.... :( perhaps maybe a 11 year old engine needs to do overhauling to maintained back the power...just aiming at 130whp to 150whp...this will be ideal for me.
wishing to do a mini-me conversion.....D15B lower block with a D16Z6 head...but the thing is...its so hard to find a good d-series foreman that can rely to do the conversion....from non-vtec to vtec is already a problem on which ecu to use....wiring to get...yet im running now a P3S ecu..which is super rare...not even a p30 ecu could fit in. Next, mini-me conversion also causes the compression ratio to be a high compression motor...running at 11.0:1 which you need to feed with higher ron octane. Stock is just 9.2:1...running at ron 95 already sometimes causing knocking....

Big[V]

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
I'm running on a D15B 16V non-vtec too..City Type-Z....you can get a few affordable upgrades like d-series light crank pulley, change to 4-2-1 manifold...etc...but will not increase the power tremendously, perhaps maybe 1 to 5whp if you are lucky. Dyno run stated at only 109whp.... :( perhaps maybe a 11 year old engine needs to do overhauling to maintained back the power...just aiming at 130whp to 150whp...this will be ideal for me.
wishing to do a mini-me conversion.....D15B lower block with a D16Z6 head...but the thing is...its so hard to find a good d-series foreman that can rely to do the conversion....from non-vtec to vtec is already a problem on which ecu to use....wiring to get...yet im running now a P3S ecu..which is super rare...not even a p30 ecu could fit in. Next, mini-me conversion also causes the compression ratio to be a high compression motor...running at 11.0:1 which you need to feed with higher ron octane. Stock is just 9.2:1...running at ron 95 already sometimes causing knocking....
Since your motor is a non vtec type you will be spending alot on the NA route and the power gains aren't spectacular. The amount of cash spent to get it up to 150whp would equate close to getting a motor swap.

considering a light boost turbo root is a viable option since your cr is quite low. if you are targeting 150 whp getting a small fast spooling turbo will get you there. the best part is the low down torque you'll get.

mykorn

Aug 18, 2006
I'm sorry to say this... But my d16a bolt on turbo (rhf5 ) with emanage management just did the b16a mkn asap... Even @ the top speed b16a cannot catch me back.... Already cut the speedcut... Can make 210-220 kmh...:driver:

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:34 AM ----------

Anyone interested in bolt on turbo d series can contact me via phone number 01111556636

ezrider

Jun 14, 2006
KL
nice thread! :biggrin:

i've got D16 SOHC non-vtec AUTO (so sad...)
mods so far-
adj cam pulley Works Eng
Lightened crank pulley
full exhaust 4-2-1, straight thru, to replica J's Racing muffler (if you can call it that, pretty noisy while revving, love the response tho)
Thinking of getting camshaft next.

Theres really no issue getting parts for this car.

Love the power and hi-rev Honda engines... but can do a lot more

Would love to convert to VTEC - just plop in the head and ECU is it? mini-me, someone was calling it. Anyone done this before and is it worth it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

here my review about my first day after getting my car titaned.
well THUMBS UP for uncle richard,ah fai and stanley. they done a very very good job on it.

first impression when i test driver my car...smooth!!! the hard feel of course got lah..but can get used to it..then go back,ah fai ask wanna get some swing butt alignment setting.so i give it a go...so far one word to describe NICE!!!

the bump part is absolutely SUPERB!!!! it goes over it even better than my corolla.everyone was impress...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience