What happened to our hobby??

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Ahhhh die cast...most of my die cast model have been destroyed by my kids....stuffed the interior with playdoh & stickers, broke the bumper & wings, take out the wheels & eat the tires :bawling:

Now change to Hot wheels cars since its harder for my kids to break it :burnout:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ahhhh die cast...most of my die cast model have been destroyed by my kids....stuffed the interior with playdoh & stickers, broke the bumper & wings, take out the wheels & eat the tires :bawling:

Now change to Hot wheels cars since its harder for my kids to break it :burnout:
That reminds me that I should hide all die-casts if im expecting a kid coming in future :rofl:
My die-cast by that time may end up as collection already. Might no longer in production hahaha!

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site

u have to be proud as hotwheels are made in Malaysia... plus my American friend is reviewing it.

Another expensive hobby is surely collecting diecast.

One of my favourite so far is this model. It has the exact unique paint of the actual car.

Burago is a very good brand...

those models tahan really long !!!!!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That reminds me that I should hide all die-casts if im expecting a kid coming in future :rofl:
My die-cast by that time may end up as collection already. Might no longer in production hahaha!
die-cast becomes classic then appreciate in price......hahhahha:rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Ya I was surprise too. Bought it at times square. Cuz she was asking me what I want for my birthday as present. Then was going up the escalator, and coincidentally saw that shop. I say lets have a look at the snooker shop. (with no intentions asking her to buy, just want to see for my own pleasure)

Then she said "you choose la which u like. I pay." I was like... :stoned:
Such a goody-goody girlfren you have. If like that, make sure you will be generous when her birthday comes...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I've stop my die-cast collection..Once in a blue moon if come across nice one when go to toy shop with my daughter then only I pick them up but usually most of the time is just see see since I don't have space and time to organize them. Now buy toys for my daughter and son more than for myself.

Before I have kids I can have my whole weekend to myself to DIY cars but now with 2 children seldom do it on weekend anymore because I would want to spend time with them more but if it's a very simple DIY, will just do it for few hours while having my daughter join me. Now I just do my cars on the weekday nights after putting them to bed. sad is I seldom documents my DIY now because I want to get them done quickly so I can go to sleep and have to wake up early next day to send my daughter to the kindergarten then go home continue my DIY if can't finish it the day before only go to office.

Honestly speaking, having married you still have a lot of time in hand to do stuff you like once you have kids....Hohohoho...everything chances...your priority in things also change.....but things will get better when they start growing up as my wife would told me....

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I've stop my die-cast collection..Once in a blue moon if come across nice one when go to toy shop with my daughter then only I pick them up but usually most of the time is just see see since I don't have space and time to organize them. Now buy toys for my daughter and son more than for myself.

Before I have kids I can have my whole weekend to myself to DIY cars but now with 2 children seldom do it on weekend anymore because I would want to spend time with them more but if it's a very simple DIY, will just do it for few hours while having my daughter join me. Now I just do my cars on the weekday nights after putting them to bed. sad is I seldom documents my DIY now because I want to get them done quickly so I can go to sleep and have to wake up early next day to send my daughter to the kindergarten then go home continue my DIY if can't finish it the day before only go to office.

Honestly speaking, having married you still have a lot of time in hand to do stuff you like once you have kids....Hohohoho...everything chances...your priority in things also change.....but things will get better when they start growing up as my wife would told me....
Family first mah! :biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Bro TitanRev,

Faster faster intro and familiarize your kids with tools. Later, when they have grown up and have the basic knowledge, they can help their papa to become Mr DIY and handyman at home...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
u have to be proud as hotwheels are made in Malaysia... plus my American friend is reviewing it.

Burago is a very good brand...

those models tahan really long !!!!!
Yes, Burago quality and detail somehow I find it better than Welly. Hotwheels quality are good as well. Somehow in my POV is quite close standard to Kyosho or Autoart. Some other great detail quality brands are not heard of before also really good. Just these few is more popular.

Till date still eyeing the AE86 from Autoart 1/8. Price is Rm500+ to RM600. But too much things that has to prioritize as we grow older. Already stop collecting for now unless I saw real good ones and price is quite okay for me to afford to spend then I'll buy. Most of them I bought actually no place to display yet till I have my own home. Now all kept in boxes including Shell ones.

die-cast becomes classic then appreciate in price......hahhahha:rofl:
Yes bro, some I buy is more like collection and willing to sell them in future. Some I would like to keep them. These things will appreciate in price when it has become rare. Like classic cars cost more than new cars. So die-cast will be the same hahaha!

Such a goody-goody girlfren you have. If like that, make sure you will be generous when her birthday comes...
Yes bro, is hard to find a good gf/wife. If found any, really must appreciate them.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Maybe that is the idea she trying to tell bro. SF......hhahahhahah

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Bro TitanRev,

Faster faster intro and familiarize your kids with tools. Later, when they have grown up and have the basic knowledge, they can help their papa to become Mr DIY and handyman at home...
Sometimes thing won't be like that. My mechanic have 3 sons, and only the 3rd son got interest in car. Even during school holiday will come to the workshop and help out, but in the end he took computer programming as a degree and now working in IT. Father was thinking of handing over the business to him....:smokin:

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
hahahaha, slipar to whack a stack of cards game..
Who could whack the cards, will sapu the cards....Winner takes all.
those times we dont have the luxury of playing expensive toys like youngster nowdays....ask any born 70s and they will know

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Maybe that is the idea she trying to tell bro. SF......hhahahhahah

Sometimes thing won't be like that. My mechanic have 3 sons, and only the 3rd son got interest in car. Even during school holiday will come to the workshop and help out, but in the end he took computer programming as a degree and now working in IT. Father was thinking of handing over the business to him....:smokin:
If not can also handover to your daughter xD
Seems his sons not interested?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Maybe the sons consider the mechanic job dirty and had to endure long hours, perhaps low-class. Many youngsters today favor comfy, safe, clean and office-like air-con environment. If can, they want 9 to 5 job, 5 days a week with full benefits.

I dont think many car workshops in Malaysia offer such environment, unfortunately.

I have a mechanic friend. A decent religious chinese male, damn hardworking, a friendly guy, dependable and always go out on a limb for his buddies. He says that looking for a GF is damn hard today, esp. when the female found out he is working as a mechanic.

Pity him.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Bro TitanRev,

Hahaha...my daughter is "Helping out" by taking my breaker bar and whack my rims...

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

those times we dont have the luxury of playing expensive toys like youngster nowdays....ask any born 70s and they will know
Now is my daughter use her slipar to whack me...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

im juz curius
fitting in a 1.5 hydraulic clutch pump in a 1.6liter engine does it effect anything ?
its look almost the the same like the 1.6 hydraulic pump but smaller a bit ..
thanks !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience