Have a Proton Iris Owner here?

arsKitson

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Johor
Any owner for Proton car iris please share about you feeling to drive that car.
i am still consider to buy this car.

what is ascendant that car and compare with other same system car.

any ideal share?

thank you.

**Anyone want to buy other toyota, honda...etc spoiler for you car also can send inquiry pm to me.
Thank you support.

Last edited:

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
Hello,
I just bought Iriz 1.3 CVT standard on Feb, 2015.

Car arrived on 6, March, 2015 and register on 9, 2015

Before I order, I did research on CVT from youtube.

They say this CVT make a quit loud sound.

Then , I check on subaru and others, it seem to be make a load sound also.

Anyway, this is my first time driving auto trans which is CVT.

This 1.3 quit give a bit power (:congrats:). The EPS very light (:biggrin:)

I like the Hill Ass (:biggrin:)

On highway, the rpm is 2900 on 110 km ( So, economic )

I like it.:biggrin::top:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
feelings can be pretty subjective. Some say the drive is only so-so, some say its not worth the money, some say "boleh la". Some say its better than Vios, City, etc. Some say it can cucuk Vios, City etc. All got their own say.

If you keen buying this car, then go test drive it on your own. Join some local car forum and ask around to get better specific respond.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Wait till u see Previous sylphy model 2.0L. 110km/h iinm is 1800rpm if i recall correctly from a friend. Only remember is real low rpm

Countpuchi

May 24, 2016
Sungai Petani
Hello, just dropping in to share some stuff on Iriz. Actually owned by my younger brother but i drive it alot when he is on his semester break.

He bought the Iriz 1.6 2015 with updated CvT and not the 2014 model.

Pro
- Superb handling
- Comfy ride unlike the MyVi (Comparing to my fiancee's car)
- Actually quite huge interior considering people always say its smaller than the MyVi (Fun fact, latest Facelift MyVi is actually smaller inside compared to Iriz (Source : Younger Sister car 2015 model also)
- Im a big man with a heavy build just saying that the inside is just nice.
- Updated CvT Does not jerk / delay / noisy unlike the 2014 model
- Function over form (Over the Myvi) as its Iriz rival.
- Did i say it was fun to drive, the CvT will have no problem reaching 180. Even with a fat guy like me driving.

Cons
- Price is abit expansive but its a non issue as the functions you get compared to the myvi beats it
- FC with the updated CvT is just above average after the 3rd service. Full tank can easily get 360 - 370 Km with a medium heavy foot. But i did use the car and drove average 80 only and reached 420 which is not bad.
- Pickup wise is slower than the Myvi due to the CvT, But hey, there always an option to turbo charge it with BoT, CvT can still handle it for low boost settings.
- SD Aerodynamic bodykit is rm10k.. so sad..

Last edited:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Good to know Iriz is a comfy car. Lately the warranty was good too

Countpuchi

May 24, 2016
Sungai Petani
Indeed it is, i just want people to know that the Iriz is the better car.

I felt so betrayed by perodua with the latest Myvi, with the iriz the Myvi is just junk. After actually testing and using the iriz for quite some time i have to say money well spent, Comfort lvl is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy better than a Myvi. PERIOD.

Those who usually complains usually are 1 sided. I may sound bias but having access and driven daily for both cars really shows which is superior.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think it is just because Proton have failed in some many models, rakyat getting scared and Perodua have been doing way better, so most still go for the popular model....:smokin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Another thing is the "Passo" mentality and parts availability. Plus they offer manual for the same car, unlike Proton which offers manual for the lower variant only

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I think it is just because Proton have failed in some many models, rakyat getting scared and Perodua have been doing way better, so most still go for the popular model....:smokin:
That is just human nature...trust is easy to lose and difficult to gain.

If you ask 10 P2 owner, I believe 9 of them will say that their car seldom give them problem. Even the infamous myvi hater Megasonic Izso what the shit will say that his myvi seldom give him headache apart from when he is driving it coz he hates it :biggrin:

Im kinda keen to test the iriz 1.6...the 1.3 MT is tested was like a :slug:

Countpuchi

May 24, 2016
Sungai Petani
That is just human nature...trust is easy to lose and difficult to gain.

If you ask 10 P2 owner, I believe 9 of them will say that their car seldom give them problem. Even the infamous myvi hater Megasonic Izso what the shit will say that his myvi seldom give him headache apart from when he is driving it coz he hates it :biggrin:

Im kinda keen to test the iriz 1.6...the 1.3 MT is tested was like a :slug:
Theres an option to Turbo Charge it XD if you are willing, Make atleast 160 HP with BoT is awesome enough.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Theres an option to Turbo Charge it XD if you are willing, Make atleast 160 HP with BoT is awesome enough.
Frankly speaking, the car will alreafy be very frisky if it had 100whp.... 160 is way too much for the little car to handle... And god known how long it would last pushing that power....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Frankly speaking, the car will alreafy be very frisky if it had 100whp.... 160 is way too much for the little car to handle... And god known how long it would last pushing that power....
BOT to that power the car engine won't last either......lol:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need help here on throttle body conversion, which i dont know if theres any existed post. so, if theres any post related to this please send me the link.

so, heres my case,

I'm using a 2000 proton satria 1.3 manual
-stock throttle body(reconditioned), unserviceable ISC(idle step controller)
-3rd throttle body in 2 years, and i'm sick of it.

i was thinking of looking for a bigger size throttle body, from the halfcut available.

question:
-does any of these throttle body fits...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience