GT Radial Champiro HPY

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ATR Sport risk it? Whut? Its a proven tyre dude. Achilles and GT Radial are both Made in Indonesia but can say on par la.
Yes, UK Tyres put them in the Economy brand category, but GT Radial HPY have been tested in Auto Express but not Achilles woh!:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
ATR Sport risk it? Whut? Its a proven tyre dude. Achilles and GT Radial are both Made in Indonesia but can say on par la.
Yes both are Indonesian brands but GT Radial has been around much longer than Achilles and GT Radial has worked under Michelin partnership before, so I trust GT Radial more. Initially when they came out, I also did not trust GT Radial and only bought them the first time when they partnered with Michelin to produce some Michelin lower ranges. Never seen Achilles also included into any comparison reports in international tire reviews but GT Radial at least now already recognized, so I still don't have much confidence yet in Achilles, at least for now.

Btw yours is ATR Sport or ATR Sport 2?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes both are Indonesian brands but GT Radial has been around much longer than Achilles and GT Radial has worked under Michelin partnership before, so I trust GT Radial more. Initially when they came out, I also did not trust GT Radial and only bought them the first time when they partnered with Michelin to produce some Michelin lower ranges. Never seen Achilles also included into any comparison reports in international tire reviews but GT Radial at least now already recognized, so I still don't have much confidence yet in Achilles, at least for now.

His is ATR Sports.....:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Guys who're using HPY - can anyone confirm whether the sidewall is ultra hard or medium or what? And please state the tyre size you're on too

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Missed this. Yeah, ATR Sport. The 2's tyre thread doesn't appeal to me as much. Looks like some normal asymmetric tyres.
You do have good points. But since many users feedback are good and tyres are cheap to try, also Daigo Saito is the man with Achilles, I think I can live with that. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Missed this. Yeah, ATR Sport. The 2's tyre thread doesn't appeal to me as much. Looks like some normal asymmetric tyres.
You do have good points. But since many users feedback are good and tyres are cheap to try, also Daigo Saito is the man with Achilles, I think I can live with that. :biggrin:
The ATR2 is still directional tyres

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Guys who're using HPY - can anyone confirm whether the sidewall is ultra hard or medium or what? And please state the tyre size you're on too
I hear HPY or GT Radial for that matter has gone up in price. Maybe try Neuton or Achilles....:rofl:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Does DS really uses Achilles? Or he just wear the shirts & stickers due to promotional contract?
Anyway I'd need better tires because my driving skill is certainly not even remotely close to DS!

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

The ATR2 is still directional tyres

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

I hear HPY or GT Radial for that matter has gone up in price. Maybe try Neuton or Achilles....:rofl:
Oh really? Big increase?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Does DS really uses Achilles? Or he just wear the shirts & stickers due to promotional contract?
Anyway I'd need better tires because my driving skill is certainly not even remotely close to DS!

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Oh really? Big increase?
I personally molested the 123S on his Lexus last year Formula Drift.
And even got a spontaneous pic with the idol. :love:

Edit: Thats not his 123S but this one is.
His USA drift SC430 with ATR Sport 2.

Front:

Source: http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArtic...ak-Peek-Daigo-Saitos-Achilles-Tire-SC430.aspx

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Oh really? Big increase?
Sponsor sure have to use loh......:driver:

The SX2 was the first as some members informed to me, that launch price and the price now differ quite a lot. But at first I thought maybe this model only, but later some mentioned HPY also. I check before for 18" was below RM500, that day a member check say is RM500 plus now....:smokin:

Last edited:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Hello guys... pls give feedback of hpy now since its been awhile, mileage wear, grip, some foto would be great. ;)

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hello guys... pls give feedback of hpy now since its been awhile, mileage wear, grip, some foto would be great. ;)
Mine are 2 years plus now. Rotate once. Front probably 60% rear maybe 40%. Rubber have harden slightly. Grip still there but hard braking seems to screech easier now (VR no ABS will lock)...hahhaha:biggrin:
But nowadays drive Vr less dy....:rolleyes:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Mine are 2 years plus now. Rotate once. Front probably 60% rear maybe 40%. Rubber have harden slightly. Grip still there but hard braking seems to screech easier now (VR no ABS will lock)...hahhaha:biggrin:
But nowadays drive Vr less dy....:rolleyes:
Thanks for the feedback taiko.. So do u recommend these tire or other better with the similar price range n performance. Mainly looking for comfort sport, put very low mileage on weekend awd wagon.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thanks for the feedback taiko.. So do u recommend these tire or other better with the similar price range n performance. Mainly looking for comfort sport, put very low mileage on weekend awd wagon.
Bro, all the brands that've been mentioned here and their respective models are relatively good. Champiro HPY/HPX, SX2, SX1, Michelin PS3, Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric, Neuton N8000, Achilles ATR Sport 2, etc.. all are good and all have their pros and cons. Ultimately it's all about how much you can afford.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

One of the most worth it to purchase Mercedes with E400 specs is now a trend! We had done so many Mercedes E300 Bluetec that we know the car more than the owner! Hence today we are here to do a full correction and coating on this black beauty.

Upon...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience