4g15(Wira) covert 4g18 stroker kit

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
I know a guy or two who'll be able to do this. Personally if I were you I'd play with carb with the stroker. Changing to EFI might make tuning "easier" and may improve your FC but don't expect miracles. If unlucky you might have initial problems with the wiring and that will be a headache to troubleshoot.

Get the 4G18 crankshaft, not the campro one. Then get the Saga 1.6 pistons. Bore out the cylinders (reline if you have the budget) and hey presto, stroke + oversize pistons. :biggrin:
Iszo bro, i see people use to say saga 1.6 piston if used not reliable true ah bro ?

Pardon my ignorance but how many additional cc of discplacement will this yield?
about 100cc

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
about 100cc
So you budgeted 5-6K for converting your 1.5 into a 1.6. Would it not be cheaper to buy and drop in a 1.6 engine instead?

Sorry for the questions. I am a complete newbie with such things.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Iszo bro, i see people use to say saga 1.6 piston if used not reliable true ah bro ?
Nah. All pistons are the same unless you go for forged pistons. The only reliability issue is if you don't do the oversizing properly. 1.6 piston is going for 1.7L mod already (1650cc++) so the cooling system has to be done right and the cylinder liners must be replaced with strong ones.

Pardon my ignorance but how many additional cc of discplacement will this yield?
Depends on how you stroke. Just the crankshaft alone is about 100cc but the stroke will increase as well, increased torque and more usable power band.

So you budgeted 5-6K for converting your 1.5 into a 1.6. Would it not be cheaper to buy and drop in a 1.6 engine instead?

You're probably right. But personally the hassle of registering, JPJ, puspakom and all that is a turnoff for me. Especially if your car is already tinted.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Converting, then everything is new. Pistons, re-bore etc., will be like a new complete overhaul. Transplant engine sometimes is a gamble, how good the engine is....:hmmmm:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Last time Izso suggested to use 77mm CFE pistons from Proton with 4G18 crankshaft.
Did I say CFE? :hmmmm: Sorry, meant campro. CFE are low comp pistons right? Don't think you'd wanna use low comp on a NA setup.

77mm is the max you can go with 4G15 I think. Any bigger and you run the risk of making the liners too thin

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That's the same Saga pistons he was talking about I think.
Eh, your 4G15 is MT or AT again?

You and bro. RENESIS have the right car to mod this.....:driver:
Hehe, both also 4G15.

Did I say CFE? :hmmmm: Sorry, meant campro. CFE are low comp pistons right? Don't think you'd wanna use low comp on a NA setup.

77mm is the max you can go with 4G15 I think. Any bigger and you run the risk of making the liners too thin
Well, you previously mentioned it here.
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-talk/429909-choices-of-cars-to-buy-113.html

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am keen to know what exactly the purpose of having HKS FCD if installed in a Turbo car? Is it worth it to install in small Turbo car like mine - Daihatsu Charade GTti? Is it for higher boost set up? Or saving fuel? I know nothing about that small device..When I read in the oversea's forum, can't understand lah..Soooo technically la..

Can you all explain in plain English of what is the main purpose of that device and it's advantages too..Can?

Thanks bros..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience