4g15(Wira) covert 4g18 stroker kit

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
Hi everyone ! :hello:

I recently plan on modifying my wira with standard 4g15 carb to 4g18 stroker kit with fuel injection. The motif of my mod is more to reliability,power satisfaction and fuel saving. And I heard that this is a good mod plus its cheap. Im not planning to change the engine though coz im not ready to spend that type of money. So I decide to ask my only place where I get sufficient advice from experienced Sifu's :biggrin:

All comments and advice is highly appreciated. Thanks !

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think will be easier to transplant a whole engine (half cut) then you will have every thing you need. Stroker kit means modding the engine and to change from Carb to Fuel injection you need wire harness, injectors etc., or more or less need to change everything..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hi everyone ! :hello:

I recently plan on modifying my wira with standard 4g15 carb to 4g18 stroker kit with fuel injection. The motif of my mod is more to reliability,power satisfaction and fuel saving. And I heard that this is a good mod plus its cheap. Im not planning to change the engine though coz im not ready to spend that type of money. So I decide to ask my only place where I get sufficient advice from experienced Sifu's :biggrin:

All comments and advice is highly appreciated. Thanks !

i think u will be better start with just the stroker kit and carb setup...because jetting a carb is much simpler and cheaper than tuning the ecu for injection (cheapest and rouch tuning just rely on road tune...and more time consuming when on dyno tune)

and to do that, u need all injection hardware like fuel rail,injector,intake manifold,distributor,crank sensor,cam sensor,fuel regulator,complete injection fuel line from tank,fuel pump assy,wiring harness and ecu..including piggyback for tuning....or u can do with totally new custom wiring harness if u plan to use standalone ecu...
question is, how much did u plan to spend on that? :biggrin:

as for 4g18 stroker kit with carb...i think that would be a monster setup..especially i u shove in mild performance camshaft as well....

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
I think will be easier to transplant a whole engine (half cut) then you will have every thing you need. Stroker kit means modding the engine and to change from Carb to Fuel injection you need wire harness, injectors etc., or more or less need to change everything..
I had that in mind too but transplanting a halfcut engine would be costly and i've to go for inspection and stuffs so I prefer not to

i think u will be better start with just the stroker kit and carb setup...because jetting a carb is much simpler and cheaper than tuning the ecu for injection (cheapest and rouch tuning just rely on road tune...and more time consuming when on dyno tune)

and to do that, u need all injection hardware like fuel rail,injector,intake manifold,distributor,crank sensor,cam sensor,fuel regulator,complete injection fuel line from tank,fuel pump assy,wiring harness and ecu..including piggyback for tuning....or u can do with totally new custom wiring harness if u plan to use standalone ecu...
question is, how much did u plan to spend on that? :biggrin:

as for 4g18 stroker kit with carb...i think that would be a monster setup..especially i u shove in mild performance camshaft as well....
I have the injection kit sorted out actually(my grandfather's sponsoring :listen:) but i might be considering jetting a carb like u said. and my job here is to find a manual tranny since its auto now and the fuel consumption is like SHIT!! :slug: and the stroker kit. i planned to spend everything under RM5k or maybe RM6k :biggrin:

Last edited:

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Wah this is gonna be one fast Wira. You done your suspension and other stuff already? Thought you might want to look at those too with all the extra horses. I'm slowly doing my Wira too. But not entirely sure of the direction just yet. NA tunes sound interesting.

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
Wah this is gonna be one fast Wira. You done your suspension and other stuff already? Thought you might want to look at those too with all the extra horses. I'm slowly doing my Wira too. But not entirely sure of the direction just yet. NA tunes sound interesting.
haven't yet. the car's still standard im just planning things before i get to do something. Lucky u brought it up have u done your suspension settings to ur car yet coz i might wanna get some advice :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I know a guy or two who'll be able to do this. Personally if I were you I'd play with carb with the stroker. Changing to EFI might make tuning "easier" and may improve your FC but don't expect miracles. If unlucky you might have initial problems with the wiring and that will be a headache to troubleshoot.

Get the 4G18 crankshaft, not the campro one. Then get the Saga 1.6 pistons. Bore out the cylinders (reline if you have the budget) and hey presto, stroke + oversize pistons. :biggrin:

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
haven't yet. the car's still standard im just planning things before i get to do something. Lucky u brought it up have u done your suspension settings to ur car yet coz i might wanna get some advice :biggrin:
Personally recommend AR Racing hi lo soft hards from EA Autoworks. Just got mine there last week. Now feel like driving a go-kart. :driver:

Izso, what about the 4g18 pistons themselves?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I had that in mind too but transplanting a halfcut engine would be costly and i've to go for inspection and stuffs so I prefer not to

I have the injection kit sorted out actually(my grandfather's sponsoring :listen:) but i might be considering jetting a carb like u said. and my job here is to find a manual tranny since its auto now and the fuel consumption is like SHIT!! :slug: and the stroker kit. i planned to spend everything under RM5k or maybe RM6k :biggrin:
So, basically you want to swap your fuel system into electronic fuel injection, gearbox into manual transmission and 4G18 crankshaft? That is going to be a lot of work and it won't be cheap.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Personally recommend AR Racing hi lo soft hards from EA Autoworks. Just got mine there last week. Now feel like driving a go-kart. :driver:

Izso, what about the 4g18 pistons themselves?
Not good with proton engine specs so ask Mr. google. 4G18 is actually 1.6L and piston of 76mm, whereas 4G15 is 1.5L and piston 75.5mm....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Z Project: 1987 Nissan Fairlady 200ZG Z31

So I managed to drop by Batu Pahat to pay the car seller in full, the cash amount agreed on purchasing of the car. I've only depended on the photos to determine the condition of the car. However, during closer inspection, there was some dissapointments. There are some rust holes on the bonnet and rear boot. The windscreen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience