Adjustable for myvi 07. Brand and quality review needed.

mhdalef

Jan 18, 2015
What is the best brand,affordable and good quality adjustable for myvi. I'm new with adjustable. So need to choose a good one base on your experience. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
How much budget do you have?

The ones that have been in the market with little to no problems is Kayaba, BC Racing, HWL, AR Racing, Improve hyperflex 1 and 2 and probably one or two other obscure brands. I'm sure Ohlins probably makes suspension for the Passo which could easily fit the Myvi too.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
To TS, what is your expected ride performance?

Hardcore? Sporty, firm? etc?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Always the case, first got budget limitation? If no, then what priorities on the ride, whether more to handling or more to comfort, then etc. etc....:driver:

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
More to comfort and handling.

there is no such thing of comfort + handling.
u have to choose on one side and i never come across adjustables which improves comfort.
comfort = stick to stock.

mhdalef

Jan 18, 2015
there is no such thing of comfort + handling.

u have to choose on one side and i never come across adjustables which improves comfort.

comfort = stick to stock.

What is the best for handling?

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
What is the best brand,affordable and good quality adjustable for myvi. I'm new with adjustable. So need to choose a good one base on your experience. Thanks.

More to comfort and handling.

best + affordable + comfort + handling

all these combinations don't exist, it is BEST that you need to choose one path or another :)

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006

thats very subjective. some people like all out "racing-hardcore" spec on the street.
some just like a touch stiffer than stock. list goes on.

preference preference preference!

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
TS, to obtain better advice from fellow forrummers....please state your price range.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if u want comfort+handling but not affordable = TITAN, can costs u up to rm3k, they will customize the suspension to your liking.
otherwise go for HWL.will be less than RM800.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Myvi? Handling? Pfffffffftt... :biggrin:

That car was never designed for handling. No matter how many bars you put or what adjustables you use, it'll never be good enough.

The Kayaba adjustables I've actually sat in a Myvi with this suspension and I found it to be quite decent in comfort and quite respectable for handling. But it's still not going to win GRA contests or out corner other cars.

How about you talk about what it is you really want to do with this car? Like out corner SUVs in corners? Or just be that little bit faster in corners? Or reduce squatting and nose diving when you accelerate and brake? Or just personal enjoyment? If it is the last option - then whatever you buy will suite you. Everything is better than stock in terms of handling.

GRAs have seen a lot of overturned Myvis because of overzealous turning/cornering. Ever since then, people have stopped using the Myvi for GRAs unless they are just there for the fun of it.

I've only ever seen one serious Myvi on Sepang with a Toda 4AGE engine in it with full race chassis and all.

Anyway, I'm digressing - my suggestion to you is buy whatever you think is good that suites your budget. Because ultimately it's going to make you happy since it'll be better than stock but be prepared to lose comfort.

Or are you looking to stock up on all the Ultra Racing bars? If so, you can most definitely try. That might suite your requirements too.

Anyway, happy shopping.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

EPICSTANCE is back and all Stance cult followers are welcomed! The inaugural EPICSTANCE meet & greet last December was an explosive mobilization of 150 cool examples from all over peninsular Malaysia on display. This proves just how much the Stance cult has penetrated the country and diverse these enthusiasts...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience