DIY Honda ECU Repairs- P30 P08 P27

Dec 18, 2014
yar
In different car, chip without launch, all repeats(civic b20b allstock)
CEL blink like injector pulse, on full throttle no blinking

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
In different car, chip without launch, all repeats(civic b20b allstock)
CEL blink like injector pulse, on full throttle no blinking
Hi..
I'm puzzled too..
WhatsApp me some pictures.
Let me see if I can see anything...
+60 19 654 7373.

Tq

Coupe-r

May 6, 2014
Tauranga
From watching the video that looks like a soldering issue inside the ecu to me.
Most likely the latch chip but COULD be the 28 pin chip.

With the ecu cover off and the car running, push down on the latch chip then the chip. See if you can get CEL to go away or come back.

That's a solid CEL though no doubt from ECU vibrating with engine running......
Connect.... not connect. connect. and so on

Bryan L

Mar 8, 2015
Perak
hi,
my eg can start as normal, but after start the idling rpm intermittent up and down, can felt some jerk also when change gear during drive,fuel consumption high,got black smoke. Foreman did help to put jumper check error with controller, but no error code found. He said mainly MAP sensor or ECU. I do replace with 2nd hand MAP sensor but the problem still remain. Due to no have offline ecu to test, are there any way to narrow down the problem?

ps:my english not good, hope your can get my mean.TQVM.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
hi,
my eg can start as normal, but after start the idling rpm intermittent up and down, can felt some jerk also when change gear during drive,fuel consumption high,got black smoke. Foreman did help to put jumper check error with controller, but no error code found. He said mainly MAP sensor or ECU. I do replace with 2nd hand MAP sensor but the problem still remain. Due to no have offline ecu to test, are there any way to narrow down the problem?

ps:my english not good, hope your can get my mean.TQVM.

Mmmmm NO but u can open the ecu cover and hv a look inside.
If hv "burn" mark or brown spot high possibility it's the ecu.

You hv std engine and ecu?

Bryan L

Mar 8, 2015
Perak
Yup, my is std engine and ecu...I give wrong info, my is eh5 year 95.
I will check the ecu tomorrow..i also wanna find the second unit map sensor and test again..thanks ya.
Actually I new with all of this, when the third foremen told me high potential is that two item bad only I start to search online.
Do I need to do ecu reset when replace the map sensor?coz the foremen ask me jz install and see got recover or not when I found the map sensor, but I got read some write need to do after troubleshooting.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Yup, my is std engine and ecu...I give wrong info, my is eh5 year 95.
I will check the ecu tomorrow..i also wanna find the second unit map sensor and test again..thanks ya.
Actually I new with all of this, when the third foremen told me high potential is that two item bad only I start to search online.
Do I need to do ecu reset when replace the map sensor?coz the foremen ask me jz install and see got recover or not when I found the map sensor, but I got read some write need to do after troubleshooting.
Just replace the map sensor. Does not require reset unless there error code stuck.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Pic 1 - Remove the original regulator with 2 screws, first remove the two hose that is connected to the regulator one with the clip and the other one is the vacuum hose.

Pic 2 - This is how it looks when taken out if afraid keep the O ring in a safe place.

Pic 3 - U will need to grind off the section where my thumb and pointer is holding with a grinder.

Pic 4 & 5 - Notice that part with scar, just grind a little by little until u see the inner core.

Pic 6 & 7 & 8 - Sorry quite blurr...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience