RON95 & RON97 Myths and Facts

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Oh wait,i forgot abt 1 more ride which is the exora cfe.
its the only engine within my family to have a snail attached.

yes there is more grunt using ron97 when the boost kicks in.
fc is the same though.
i strongly recommend filling it with ron97 at current price.esp for bold owner whom carry people all the time.if u drive alone or with 2 people at most then no need lh.used the saving u made using ron95 to buy your passenger some Hacks sweet...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh wait,i forgot abt 1 more ride which is the exora cfe.
its the only engine within my family to have a snail attached.

yes there is more grunt using ron97 when the boost kicks in.
fc is the same though.
i strongly recommend filling it with ron97 at current price.esp for bold owner whom carry people all the time.if u drive alone or with 2 people at most then no need lh.used the saving u made using ron95 to buy your passenger some Hacks sweet...
With snail and high compression always better with higher Ron. But with prices of both now close I see many using 97 dy. Yesterday was at Petron saw this Gen 2 also pump 97....:rolleyes:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I am on RON97 atm for 2 tankes already and it has made zero difference. No power increase, no smoother feel, no better fc, nada. Nip. Nein. Nothing.

I'm gonna save that RM8 bucks and use 95.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Not healthy? thought it was with smaller snail churning low to mid boost.....:driver:
oil leak at head gasket....afraid it might pissing some oil on dyno roller and make it slippery later :rofl:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I am on RON97 atm for 2 tankes already and it has made zero difference. No power increase, no smoother feel, no better fc, nada. Nip. Nein. Nothing.

I'm gonna save that RM8 bucks and use 95.
That is why my Hyundai and Chery are still on Ron 95.....hhahahhaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

No worries lh, all these guys using super sticky expensive tire.can grip through the oil....hahaha.
How sticky also oil is tyre greatest enemy, then sand and water......:driver:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
That must be it.....heavy right foot......hhahhahahha:driver:
Yeah! it's like my engine felt more alive after the 7k mark... but still scared to go past 150kmh though :redface:

The difference in revving is probably due to the additives you'll find in 97 but not in 95. :hmmmm: Or perhaps because your car self adjusted the timing to compensate which resulted in slightly more power. More likely that.
One thing that I know, daihatsu made engine with minimum of RON95 in, all except JC-DET (Storia X4) and KJ-VET (Boon X4) which they demand minimum RON98 like other sports offering from other jap car makers

On RON95, it does not knock or pinged... but using RON97, the top end felt much lighter

I'll continue using RON97 while the price remains down :driver::driver:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
sad 'coz co smartpay card can oni fill 95, but on the bright side it can fill the whole month so can save up for fish mod @ upgrade my jb engine for more durability:driver:

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
Well the differences can only be felt in my A31 Cefiro, where the engine does rev smoother and wont choke.
while on my Avanza 1.3, no difference, hence will save up the money to use better engine oil and others.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The best ive obtained was RM9K from a few dealers in the Klang Valley with options to get further discounts in a direct face to face chat with the branch manager. Ive also heard of some who have obtained RM15K discount.

Care to share your best discounts and the branch name?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience