Myvi 2007 engine oil grade API SN or SL ?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
of kos SN is better,
that differentiates the price, eg: Tesco Castrol magnatec RM90 cos its API SL,
if direct from Castrol price will be Rm110+ cos its API SN.

but as CVKIT said no diff in a myvi.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
SN is the newer grade for engine oils because it meets a certain criteria. The higher the grade the more stringent the criteria.

So if you compare SL and SN, SN is higher in terms of criteria.

If you're talking about your Myvi which isn't a high precision super machine, it doesn't make a difference which one you choose. Choose the one that makes you happy.

mhdalef

Jan 18, 2015
of kos SN is better,

that differentiates the price, eg: Tesco Castrol magnatec RM90 cos its API SL,

if direct from Castrol price will be Rm110+ cos its API SN.

but as CVKIT said no diff in a myvi.

Owh thanks. I just wonder because original myvi engine oil gold which is API SN is cheaper than my current Liqui Moly API SL/CF. Both 10-30.

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

SN is the newer grade for engine oils because it meets a certain criteria. The higher the grade the more stringent the criteria.

If you're talking about your Myvi which isn't a high precision super machine, it doesn't make a difference which one you choose. Choose the one that makes you happy.

Thanks. Because currently I'm using 10-30 Liqui Moly which is API SL. But original myvi engine oil is 10-30 API SN which is cheaper. Just wondering.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

But SN newer test could only be environmental only, not performance.
I was told even older oil, even no change also meet the newer test, just that they are already advance and the test at that time was lower....hhahaa:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Liqui moly is expensive because of the additives and base oil used I think. And probably because it's full imported too.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi
I noticed there is a radiator host connected to the bottom of throttle body. I have read somewhere that its purpose is to prevent freezing in cold climate and help to regulate temperature for cold start. It doesnt help reduce the throttle body temperature hence Some guy removed the radiator host as they were saying the radiator fluid heat up the throttle body and can cause decrease in stepper motor life. I am seeking opinion regarding this matter. Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience