Issues with greddy profec oled boost controller and turbosmart ultragate wastegate

HaizamB

Oct 25, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all sifus,
I have 3sgte engine running with upgraded custom turbo fins with ball bearing in stock housing. Also installed the wastegate rated at 10psi. Ever since the upgrade my boost has been unpredictable. Prior to this upgrade, boost wqs stable at 1.2 bar with fuel cut at 1.3 bar. After the upgrade the boost either goes shooting past 1.3 (then ignition cut) or stays at 0.5bar. Everytime i accelerate boost builds up till 0.5 bar and stays there until i hit 5k rpm.goes past that and the boost shoots up sharply to 1.3 bar and ignition cut results.

I tried adjusting the boost controller. The funny thing is that the lower the set boost, the higher the boost i get. But it will never stop at my desired boost at 1 bar. It will overshoot. I tried every percentage, burning precious fuel in the process. The higher the set boost i put, the lower the boost i get until it hits 0.4. The start boost also is weird. The higher i adjust the figure the lower i get my boost (should be the other way around)

Ive doublechecked my hoses countless times and still not sure whether the boost controller is malfunctioning on me or what. Any advices from sifus in this matter is very much appreciated as im on the verge of chucking this troublesome boost controller and getting a new one instead.

Thanks!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Re: Issues with greddy profec oled boost controller and turbosmart ultragate wastegat

Hi all sifus,
I have 3sgte engine running with upgraded custom turbo fins with ball bearing in stock housing. Also installed the wastegate rated at 10psi. Ever since the upgrade my boost has been unpredictable. Prior to this upgrade, boost wqs stable at 1.2 bar with fuel cut at 1.3 bar. After the upgrade the boost either goes shooting past 1.3 (then ignition cut) or stays at 0.5bar. Everytime i accelerate boost builds up till 0.5 bar and stays there until i hit 5k rpm.goes past that and the boost shoots up sharply to 1.3 bar and ignition cut results.

I tried adjusting the boost controller. The funny thing is that the lower the set boost, the higher the boost i get. But it will never stop at my desired boost at 1 bar. It will overshoot. I tried every percentage, burning precious fuel in the process. The higher the set boost i put, the lower the boost i get until it hits 0.4. The start boost also is weird. The higher i adjust the figure the lower i get my boost (should be the other way around)

Ive doublechecked my hoses countless times and still not sure whether the boost controller is malfunctioning on me or what. Any advices from sifus in this matter is very much appreciated as im on the verge of chucking this troublesome boost controller and getting a new one instead.

Thanks!

i think u should re-check the way of the boost control solenoid diagram/installation....afraid that it was fighting with the stock "boost solenoid" to control the boost

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

well juz dun try to press infront of your kelisa bonet! yesterday my friend try to press the bonet with his body weight...
oh my fuckin goD!!@#!@# the boned dented liao!!! ahhh heart pain!!
warning! dun press it man...kelisa bonet is so fuckin fragile :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience