Airtrek N.A upgrade Evo X engine

stromplay34

Jul 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi! Sifu & bro

i m going to have project to upgrade my na engine to Evo X engine
need all brother and sifu advise and suggestion.
i just want to fit in the EVO x engine with my car and standard performance will do.
cause i bore with NA engine.... dam heavy to move. :) :)

1) break system need to upgrade any suggestion?
2) radiator need to upgrade?
3) suspension system can it remain?
4) EVO X's ECU can fit for na?
any other suggestion?
please remind at here

thank you all so much.
:biggrin:

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
stromplay34,
This kind-off big project.
Please share the details of the project here.

Basically, you need to upgrade all the engine systems accordingly in order to run the turbo engine.
Including the suspension. How about the gearbox?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
hi! Sifu & bro

i m going to have project to upgrade my na engine to Evo X engine
need all brother and sifu advise and suggestion.
i just want to fit in the EVO x engine with my car and standard performance will do.
cause i bore with NA engine.... dam heavy to move. :) :)

1) break system need to upgrade any suggestion?
2) radiator need to upgrade?
3) suspension system can it remain?
4) EVO X's ECU can fit for na?
any other suggestion?
please remind at here

thank you all so much.
:biggrin:
It can be done but I think it needs way too much work and it's too complex. Why not just bolt on Evo 7-9 engine? It is plug and play and you get around 250whp in stock if you run on manual tranny. Evo X has an entirely different layout compared to Airtrek and the CANBUS ecu is not easy to rewire to run on Airtrek console. If you want a cheaper alternative, just get Airtrek Turbo halfcut and plug it in which many has done so. Good luck.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

If you're doubling the horsepower from current, you definately need to upgrade the brakes and suspension. I would also assume you will be upgrading the cooling system when you change the engine. It's part of the package for safety and reliability.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
lol. trolling?

first problem is finding a Evo X engine.
second problem is the price of the Evo X engine.
third problem is retrofitting it into the Airtrek, finding a mechanic who is adept enough to do it -right- is going to be a challenge

and he's asking stupid questions like radiator need to upgrade when the real problems are the above.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
lol. trolling?

first problem is finding a Evo X engine.
second problem is the price of the Evo X engine.
third problem is retrofitting it into the Airtrek, finding a mechanic who is adept enough to do it -right- is going to be a challenge

and he's asking stupid questions like radiator need to upgrade when the real problems are the above.
exactly.
I read #4 also bang balls edi. y need exo x ecu to run n/a? already have evo x engine, of course needs its ecu.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
If u have unlimited time and piggy bank very full, just go ahead and maybe you will be the 1st one whom use Evo X engine at Airtrek...
A foreman want to earn your money will always said this one no problem, that one no problem...
when the halfcut arrive, wala welcome to nightmare that created by your own.. no matter how at the end, you are the one whom wanna to put Evo X engine...

Ya ya, dont forget to share your experience when loaded, me also very like Airtrek but Evo 9 and below Auto GB sucks...
Good luck...

xxparehxx

Aug 22, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Dear Sifu..
Just Curious...
1) If we the N.A guys want to go for a conversion with manual
evo 7 or 6 engine (Halfcut), Cant it be done if we just buy a whole evo Halfcut and dumped (xcept the bodypart)
it in into our N.A engine bay without need to import other part form airtrek turbo.
2) Can evo transfer gear fit into our N.A? or we still need no remarried:biggrin: our N.A part with
evo part or need to used airtrek turbo part.
3) I think the plug and play term for evo engine to be mounted into Airtrek is just apply for the Airtrek turbo
but not for the Airtrek N.A....Please correct me if im wrong..im the owner of airtrek N.A seeking for answer
(thinking of doing the conversion...but scared of the unknown problem).

If can kindly recommended me a guy/mechanic that can do this type of work...
Hope all sifu can clarified this and help me to get an answer...:biggrin:
Tq in advance

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Goto Ah Wah workshop. He has all the answers for you and he can do it easily. He knows almost every single bolt where they goto.

xxparehxx

Aug 22, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Definitely will go to ah wah once the kaching...is enough..
But wanna gey some idea before start to go deep into this
Conversion...trying to do an evos conversion rather than airtrek
Turbo...anyway thank bro stutzedward for replying..

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
If you are doing engine transplant, go directly to Evo halfcut. Tho Airtrek engine is similar to Evo's, but internals of Evo are totally different and that is why many of us has been changing our internals to Evos. Good luck.