Wideband Airfuel Ratio Meter

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
Hopefully to get help on this, i am looking to buy wideband AFR meter and currently no confidence which one to buy coz I've been tracking around this gadget and needing 2nd opinion, recommendation or suggestions :

1. Innovate MTX-L
2. AEM UEGO
3. PLX DM-6

anyone using any of these care to recommend or not recommend especially on product durability?

thx in advance.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Gt budget ..get aem fail safe wideband gauge instead of uego...gt safety feature which u can program when the air fuel is out of ur desinated range.. it can cut boost to prevent engine failure...it also gt real time data logging for the air fuel ...using laptop,it will plot a airfuel graph just like on the dyno chart...it is also a 2 in 1 gauge which it can become airfuel and boost or vacumn 2 in 1

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
Gt budget ..get aem fail safe wideband gauge instead of uego...gt safety feature which u can program when the air fuel is out of ur desinated range.. it can cut boost to prevent engine failure...it also gt real time data logging for the air fuel ...using laptop,it will plot a airfuel graph just like on the dyno chart...it is also a 2 in 1 gauge which it can become airfuel and boost or vacumn 2 in 1
at what sort of price range is the aem failsafe bro, or where can I get it locally?

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
whats the life span of the wideband sensor anyway?
also want to put into my car,but some says the life span is about 40hours only.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
whats the life span of the wideband sensor anyway?
also want to put into my car,but some says the life span is about 40hours only.
wondering the same thing... aka is it worth it to put into a daily driven ride

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
sensors around 300-500 hours if not wrong.... the failsafe cost me 1.4k if not wrong, when i buy that time malaysia still no supplier so i order oversea, now i think ken racing got sell already

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
You can buy innovate wideband with gauge at rm645 in lelong.com.my

They said its original.thats pretty worth it? i decided to buy exhaust temp rather than wideband sensor at i think its a wrong choice. Better buy wideband though.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
sensors around 300-500 hours if not wrong.... the failsafe cost me 1.4k if not wrong, when i buy that time malaysia still no supplier so i order oversea, now i think ken racing got sell already
if for me daily ride for 3 hours average daily (that's a generous estimates)... so the sensor should failed on me every 3 to 5 months... so i guess it's not worth it for daily drive then

why i want to put in my daily ride? just the gadjet geek inside of me that felt curious :biggrin:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Last i check Oxygen sensor alone is around 300+, Bosch LSU 4.2 4wire. Fyi Innovate/AEM wideband kit uses sensor from Bosch.

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
thks for all the reply... just got meself a used innovate's mtx gauge for RM340 after a long bargain... now needing the LSU4.2 sensor since the dude who sold it said his has gone with da smoke. He had used it for about 16mths (judging from his purchase receipt included with installation fee) before the sensor died.

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
go to lelong.com.my and search fo innovate. u'll see bosch sensor.
click buy,make payment and wait the courier to arrive.haha

Keng

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
most wideband sensors sold in aftermarket are the same as those on road car, e.g. vw, volvo, etc. But that said, to increase the lifespan, just install it further away from the source say, more than 3 feet.

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
I'd take it like... somewhere at the middle of the exhaust pipe and not at the extractor?

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Hopefully to get help on this, i am looking to buy wideband AFR meter and currently no confidence which one to buy coz I've been tracking around this gadget and needing 2nd opinion, recommendation or suggestions :

1. Innovate MTX-L
2. AEM UEGO
3. PLX DM-6

anyone using any of these care to recommend or not recommend especially on product durability?

thx in advance.
I also aim for Innovate MTX-L :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Today, we have with us a recon, single owner, fully imported from the ports of Yokohama, Toyota Alphard. There's something we would like to share about this job would be. The owner of this ride contacted to us via email for less than 5 emails and finally decided to engage to our services. He requested us to pick up the car from his work place...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience