Best grip vs Price

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The other Indon rival has the better grippier tyres. 123S. But doesn't last as long.
123S is extreme range mah! Different from Max and UHP....

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Assy2 where got good? I dunno man. Maybe it was because I was on RSR before this.

Noise - still quite noisy, just not as noisy as RSR
Dry Grip - ok la but managed to slide it, not as grippy as RSR
Water grip - ok la, did a 4-wheel wobble the other day over a patch at 90km/h. Confident feel but not as good as the old PP2. But better than RSR.

I dunno. For the freaking amount of money I paid for Assy2 I was expecting a lot more.

Thunder77 : GTRadial has bad reviews? Where?
Tasted Extreme already then go down one step to Max will find it less grippy. I still love them in the VR, now on HPY

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
sifu v2rturbo, how many kms have you run the HPY? in what way it is inferior to the Assy2, apart from the bland sidewall design? :proud:

dip

Jul 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
hi thunder77,I m sure you will regret if you no choose P3S. P3S tyres are designed for driving pleasure and security in both wet and dry conditions. I experienced before when on the way to Cameron Highland,that day the road is slippery and P3S have best grip and it provide me a shorter braking distance on wet road.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
hi thunder77,I m sure you will regret if you no choose P3S. P3S tyres are designed for driving pleasure and security in both wet and dry conditions. I experienced before when on the way to Cameron Highland,that day the road is slippery and P3S have best grip and it provide me a shorter braking distance on wet road.
U mean PS3 and not P3S right? :rofl:

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Asy 2 is far superior than PS3,I own both tires on different cars.. T1R is a crappy tire based on my experience, previously own a set and will never use it again.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Tasted Extreme already then go down one step to Max will find it less grippy. I still love them in the VR, now on HPY
Yeah. In fact the only thing that's stopping me from swapping out these tyres is the warranty. This Assy2 is the only tyre I know that has warranty against bulges and stuff.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yeah. In fact the only thing that's stopping me from swapping out these tyres is the warranty. This Assy2 is the only tyre I know that has warranty against bulges and stuff.
U shud claim a new one for the side that u kena the curb. :top:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
U mean PS3 and not P3S right? :rofl:
I think he meant P3ST which is Primacy 3ST, This is mid tyres only.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

what unpleasant experience of you with your previous T1R?
T1-R is only good for aquaplaning resistance. Wet grip is bad, in the dry so, so only and having soft sidewall is good for comfort but not performance as in fast corners.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

sifu v2rturbo, how many kms have you run the HPY? in what way it is inferior to the Assy2, apart from the bland sidewall design? :proud:
Did not record the mileage, because I rotate the front tyres to the rear after it got damaged by alignment being out after my gear box repair. By the time I got it checked about 20% was shaved off...:bawling:

HPY is behind Asy2 is performance and handling. I would say probably 20% behind. However it still holds my VR pretty well in dry and wet. Unlike T1-R where I got wheel spin in the wet.
The cons are HPY have harder sidewall so is more bumpy. You can however use a lower air pressure. Harder sidewall, so it is good for corners....:biggrin: Probably slightly more noisy the Asy2, but much cheaper...:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Bulge and manufacturer defect are covered by all tyres, only need to prove it.
GY warranty covers puncture, cuts, bruises and impact also which is d*mn good, but after reading further on the T&C, you better be aware of it.
Treadwear 6.7mm and above cover by free replacement of new tyre
5.5mm to 6.6mm, replacement by credit of the balance of tread pattern
Below 5.5mm no more warranty
Warranty period is 6 months only

TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Goodyear Worry Free Assurance (WFA) is only valid in Malaysia

Present the Goodyear WFA card, original receipt of tire purchase, and damaged tire to dealer where the tire was originally purchased when making a claim

Damages other than those specified under the Goodyear WFA will not be covered

Labor charges such as removal, fixing and balancing of tire shall be borne by the purchaser

The Goodyear WFA programme will be invalid after 6 months from the date of purchase or when remaining tread depth is less than 5.5mm

Goodyear (Malaysia) reserves the right to change the terms & conditions herein at any time at its absolute notice without prior notice

Read more here....
News - Goodyear Malaysia

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
other than the WFA, the other goodyear warranty still applies? (for manufacturing defect).. some shops say goodyear giving 5 yrs warranty?

catwang90

Banned
Aug 22, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hey thunder77, just wondering if PS3 is your only choice? no others?
why not you ask suggestion from the workshop? instead of deciding on your own. will be better lo
unless you are a tyre expert la. lol

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
other than the WFA, the other goodyear warranty still applies? (for manufacturing defect).. some shops say goodyear giving 5 yrs warranty?
normal manufacturing defect still covers, who uses tyres up to 5yrs? lolzzz

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

other pattern oso hav this WFA... but Asymm2 is the highest range dat goodyear Malaysia carry la...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
WFA as per T&C mentioned. Other normal warranty still valid but claim is measure by thread depth balance and this do not cover the impact, curbing or any thing other the manufacturing defect.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

T1R are shitty tyres, once hit the curb the sidewall was immediately torn, just bought the tyre a week before the incident happened.

scrapped a lot of curb with my Federal 595 but still going strong.
ha! ha! looks like you like to hit curbs, did you teach bro. Izso?:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Game trailers and teasers are nothing new, besides being a great way to not reveal actual graphics and the ultimate game-play, it also works to get the gamers excited prior to the actual release.

But the trailer here of Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit is a whole different thing altogether. Featuring an orange Pagani Zonda Cinque, a Lamborghini Murcielago decked out in police decals and a Bell 206 helicopter...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience