Car modification for myvi 1.5se auto advice

zhome

Jun 30, 2014
Hi Guys, I have car which is Myvi 1.5SE auto that already finished it’s warranty for 100KM that is comes first, so I thought want to do some modification, I go to the mod shop and this is the list, I will not do all of them directly..but part by part..but I want to know does those part really work or just placebo effect..

Thing that already change:
15 inch rim wheel with Michelin PS3 tyre

The list :
Spark Plug Iridium
Works Voltage Stabilizer
Work Grounding Wire
Works Drop-in Filter
Works Ball Bearing Air
Aerospeed Lightweight crank pulley
Tein adjustable suspension

Consideration:
Extractor

Curiosity:
-I want to know another factor, the exhaust thing..from the extractor until the muffler.
.i know the tailpipe just for noisy..no effect in there
- does change engine oil from semi synthetic petronas 5w-30 to full synthetic shell helix ultra 5w-40 make it difference

if got more mod that is you recommended that i can considered..please suggest..thanks
I am not into those heavy modification, I think list above is like average modification, so are you guys use this before ..does it work or placebo..if it work..in what way?..i hope you can share, please make it straight to the point for each part,i just want confirmation from the senior that do modification in car..thanks

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The list :
Spark Plug Iridium
Works Voltage Stabilizer
Work Grounding Wire
Works Drop-in Filter
Works Ball Bearing Air
Aerospeed Lightweight crank pulley
Tein adjustable suspension

Consideration:
Extractor
I'd drop everything you wanna do and just do the exhaust. Extract + high flow catcon + muffler. Then only go to suspension. Don't bother with the air-leaker or Ball bearing thing. Your Myvi will negate that after a few hours of driving.

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
I'd drop everything you wanna do and just do the exhaust. Extract + high flow catcon + muffler. Then only go to suspension. Don't bother with the air-leaker or Ball bearing thing. Your Myvi will negate that after a few hours of driving.
Agreed! All the other list is $$$ waster.

Btw maybe you can get a brake upgrade such as better pad or bigger caliper & rotor.

zhome

Jun 30, 2014
Fuh, i feel relieved i ask first

So what i get is exhaust system, suspension, brake

So all from the list is waste of money..include also with the lighweight and voltage stabilizer?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I would go for suspension system first before any power mods. You know..myvi handling isn't really good. The lagi best model is better than its predecessor, but still rubbish in terms of handling. Throw in hi-lo/soft-hard or good spring with good absorber. Unless you want comfy then I can recommend you to use KYB RS Pro. Very comfy compared to other hi lo, but handling so-so. But compared to stock, I would say that's 200% improvement. Ohya, install ARB too.

Then upgrade the brakes. At least change to better brake pads. Once your car is safer to drive, then only go for power. Voltage stabilizer is ok too but don't expect power increase coz it's to protect yr electronic devices and save your battery juice.

zhome

Jun 30, 2014
I would go for suspension system first before any power mods. You know..myvi handling isn't really good. The lagi best model is better than its predecessor, but still rubbish in terms of handling. Throw in hi-lo/soft-hard or good spring with good absorber. Unless you want comfy then I can recommend you to use KYB RS Pro. Very comfy compared to other hi lo, but handling so-so. But compared to stock, I would say that's 200% improvement. Ohya, install ARB too.

Then upgrade the brakes. At least change to better brake pads. Once your car is safer to drive, then only go for power. Voltage stabilizer is ok too but don't expect power increase coz it's to protect yr electronic devices and save your battery juice.
Ok, i know the Voltage stabilizer is for the electronic stuff and no power increase..i just want the electric to be stabilize
And one more, the lightweight crank pulley is myvi will negate that one too?
what is ARB??

Current Decision:
Voltage Stabilizer
Suspension System
Brake Pad
Exhaust System

Last edited:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Ok, i know the Voltage stabilizer is for the electronic stuff and no power increase..i just want the electric to be stabilize
And one more, the lightweight crank pulley is myvi will negate that one too?
what is ARB??

Current Decision:
Voltage Stabilizer
Suspension System
Brake Pad
Exhaust System
LCP is to better your acceleration. Myvi's acceleration very good already la!
ARB is anti roll bars. 250-300 bucks? CVKit is Myvi owner.

zhome

Jun 30, 2014
LCP is to better your acceleration. Myvi's acceleration very good already la!
ARB is anti roll bars. 250-300 bucks? CVKit is Myvi owner.
oh CVkit myvi owner..good thumbs up..^^

stupidcar, ok noted...i know it's good but i want more acceleration..haha

Oh..Anti-Roll bars the UltraRacing brand right...only that particular bar..or include with the front strut bar ?

Current Decision:
Voltage Stabilizer
Suspension System
Brake Pad
Exhaust System
Lightweight Crank Pulley

Last edited:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
oh CVkit myvi owner..good thumbs up..^^

stupidcar, ok noted...i know it's good but i want more acceleration..haha

Oh..Anti-Roll bars the UltraRacing brand right...only that particular bar..or include with the front strut bar ?

Current Decision:
Voltage Stabilizer
Suspension System
Brake Pad
Exhaust System
Lightweight Crank Pulley
I'm afraid it may lessen your top end if the LCP is smaller. Wait for CVKit to comment.
Oh well. ARB, no other better brands than UR haha. This one also wait for CVKit.
He has a few bars on his car.

zhome

Jun 30, 2014
I'm afraid it may lessen your top end if the LCP is smaller. Wait for CVKit to comment.
Oh well. ARB, no other better brands than UR haha. This one also wait for CVKit.
He has a few bars on his car.
Ya true,alright i wait for CVKit

I have survey the LCP, it is the same size with the original CP, the difference only just the weight.

Current Decision:
Voltage Stabilizer
Suspension System
Brake Pad
Exhaust System
Lightweight Crank Pulley

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Voltage Stabilizer
Suspension System
Brake Pad
Exhaust System
Lightweight Crank Pulley
If you like speed and acceleration, don't do the LCP yet. Get a good drop in airfilter. Then change to a lightweight 15" rim. The weight makes a big difference compared to your typical Taiwan mari rim.

And Cvkit was talking about a complete brake change, caliper - rotors - pads. Just changing pads won't make a huge difference.

Come come, let me help you poison a bit. Want a UR 16mm ARB? Hehehehehe.. I don't think my wife appreciates the bar. Honestly though I can't feel the difference with and without it.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Oh and consider a good ATF cooler (not oil cooler, ATF cooler)

zhome

Jun 30, 2014
If you like speed and acceleration, don't do the LCP yet. Get a good drop in airfilter. Then change to a lightweight 15" rim. The weight makes a big difference compared to your typical Taiwan mari rim.

And Cvkit was talking about a complete brake change, caliper - rotors - pads. Just changing pads won't make a huge difference.

Come come, let me help you poison a bit. Want a UR 16mm ARB? Hehehehehe.. I don't think my wife appreciates the bar. Honestly though I can't feel the difference with and without it.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Oh and consider a good ATF cooler (not oil cooler, ATF cooler)
-My rim is lightweight Rays made in japan 15 inch
-well maybe it call anti roll bar..only lower the percentage of rolling our car?? haha
-i know that the front stut bar..balance the front wheel vibration so can do sharp turn if i'm not mistaken
-What is the difference with the myvi original ATF cooler?

Current Decision:
Voltage Stabilizer
Suspension System
Brake Set
Exhaust System
Lightweight Crank Pulley
Drop-in Air filter

Consideration:
UR ARB Bar
UR Front Strut Bar

On-Hold:
Atf Cooler

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
Want poison ehh? Hehe.

Ok.

Start with your drive-train.
1. Get an adjustable suspension set. If budget permits, get Hi/Lo/Soft/Hard set.
2. Get an ori JAPAN 15" rims, lightweight one. You can source used set on mudah or social media.
3. Upgrade your brake. Either by getting a big brake kit, you can save alot by customizing from other car model such as Honda EG or EK. Google it.

Engine and transmission.
1. Good engine oil & ATF. This will give you a noticeable different.
2. Drop in air filter (k&n)
3. A good set of full exhaust system (Extractor, piping, midbox. muffler)
4. Get a piggyback engine management system. This will give you a noticeable power gain after you've done all the mods above. (it is usable later in case you want to BOT, transplant to other engine, or change to other car)
5. Still not satisfied? Save up and change to better car, rather than wasting too much on a myvi =)

zhome

Jun 30, 2014
Want poison ehh? Hehe.

Ok.

Start with your drive-train.
1. Get an adjustable suspension set. If budget permits, get Hi/Lo/Soft/Hard set.
2. Get an ori JAPAN 15" rims, lightweight one. You can source used set on mudah or social media.
3. Upgrade your brake. Either by getting a big brake kit, you can save alot by customizing from other car model such as Honda EG or EK. Google it.

Engine and transmission.
1. Good engine oil & ATF. This will give you a noticeable different.
2. Drop in air filter (k&n)
3. A good set of full exhaust system (Extractor, piping, midbox. muffler)
4. Get a piggyback engine management system. This will give you a noticeable power gain after you've done all the mods above. (it is usable later in case you want to BOT, transplant to other engine, or change to other car)
5. Still not satisfied? Save up and change to better car, rather than wasting too much on a myvi =)
Save up and change to better car, that is different story. That story still in progress. This Myvimod story is full daily drive for 5-6 year more..to give less burden to myvi..i love myvi leh because this is my first car.

The mod below

Already implement:
15 inch lightweight rims

Current Decision:
Voltage Stabilizer
Suspension System
Brake Set
Exhaust System
Lightweight Crank Pulley
Drop-in Air filter

Consideration:
UR ARB Bar
UR Front Strut Bar

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Recently heard about this product..anyone got install before?? really got increasement in perfomance meh?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience