DIY Honda ECU Repairs- P30 P08 P27

_firecracker

May 25, 2013
Charlotte NC
So while attempting to repair my ECU I broke the solder pad off the bottom side of negative side of the main board at C14 (the main 35v 220uf cap). The top solder pad of the ECU is still intact just the bottom pulled off.

I realize it seems to be a main ground but running a lead from the capacitor negative to ECU negative does not repair the ECU. I just get solid CEL, no fuel prime or anything, the ECU primed fuel before this.

The question is, where does this solder pad go to? where should I just a wire from the negative side of cap to the ECU?

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
So while attempting to repair my ECU I broke the solder pad off the bottom side of negative side of the main board at C14 (the main 35v 220uf cap). The top solder pad of the ECU is still intact just the bottom pulled off.

I realize it seems to be a main ground but running a lead from the capacitor negative to ECU negative does not repair the ECU. I just get solid CEL, no fuel prime or anything, the ECU primed fuel before this.

The question is, where does this solder pad go to? where should I just a wire from the negative side of cap to the ECU?
Which ecu? Wanna show me a pix?

Extreme_events

May 20, 2014
Trinidad
Hi
I have a P08 that wont start. No codes,
Cel comes on then goes off as usual and main relay clicks and pump primes as I have a fuel pressure guage. Engine cranks but does not start. Had to borrow a P30 chipped. Any suggestions? Board looks good. Pic attached. Any help will be appreciated ! Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Hi
I have a P08 that wont start. No codes,
Cel comes on then goes off as usual and main relay clicks and pump primes as I have a fuel pressure guage. Engine cranks but does not start. Had to borrow a P30 chipped. Any suggestions? Board looks good. Pic attached. Any help will be appreciated ! Thanks
Hi
1- picture not clear enough to judge ok or not.
2- got spark at plug cable?
3- do you actually hear fuel pump prime?

coOLR3xz

Oct 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I have this problem...
My cel on when my car cruising 80kmh at highway, then I cant remember my engine go go off or not, No throttle response but after few seconds the cel off and my engine continue running as normal.
Another problem the engine will rev itself continuously in neutral gear. But after cleaning throttle no more revving itself.
Reading this remind me of ecu problem. I will try to replace the cap but I cant understand what is ic17 that mentioned in previous post? Need to replace that too?
My ecu is p30 auto.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
I have this problem...
My cel on when my car cruising 80kmh at highway, then I cant remember my engine go go off or not, No throttle response but after few seconds the cel off and my engine continue running as normal.
Another problem the engine will rev itself continuously in neutral gear. But after cleaning throttle no more revving itself.
Reading this remind me of ecu problem. I will try to replace the cap but I cant understand what is ic17 that mentioned in previous post? Need to replace that too?
My ecu is p30 auto.
Hi...
Do the caps first.
Ic 17 is cannot cel off and cannot start.

Extreme_events

May 20, 2014
Trinidad
I have this problem...
My ecu is p30 auto.
Hi CoOLR3xz,
I have had a similar problem before. I checked the codes on the ECU then checked the wiring for the sensor. At the time the wiring at the Map Sensor and TPS was brittle because of age. Replaced wiring from a old harness and problem was fixed. Try shaking the wires at those sensors first with the car started to see if you can pinpoint if that is the cause of your intermittent check light