Mitsubishi Turbo specifications.

penagihdadih

Known Member
Feb 9, 2012
Shah Alam
r u sure bro td04 09 with 6cm2?... big woo..o thought 4cm2
yes bro..td03, tf035 will be more responsive than td04..dont choose td025 coz u will downgrade 2 stg..:smokin:
I refer to some website lastnite but cant recall its name. Yeah it states TD0409 have same turbine with TD04L 13G with 6cm2 and i think its right.. I dont have many resource on this. Plus, TD0409 is quite old turbo already and so hard to find data..

Last edited:

penagihdadih

Known Member
Feb 9, 2012
Shah Alam
I refer to some website lastnite but cant recall its name. Yeah it states TD0409 have same turbine with TD04L 13G with 6cm2 and i think its right.. I dont have many resource on this. Plus, TD0409 is quite old turbo already and so hard to find data..
after searching and asking from local forum, they said TD0409 have 4cm2 turbine.. you were right bro..

sideksepakragabulat

Jun 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
sory for brought up dis old thread..i've used this td04-09 before but from different engine..from my digging up in the internet my previous td04-09 is from mitsubishi lancer 1.8 turbodiesel..difference from penagihdadih turbo was my turbine housing only 3cm2(based on code written on the turbo)..mine start spooling around 400rpm earlier than penagihdadih unit..

from there i got this idea off running the biggest td04 i can get my hand on and i got my "new" td04hl-15G from volvo 850..still not the biggest td04 but for me that thing about twice bigger than my previous td04-09..for my 1st experiment i just port my old 3cm2 turbine housing to fit the new turbo and the result is spool time become much2 sooner..in fact almost 1000rpm earliear than before..with this setup i was able to spooling around 2200rpm and reach full boost around 5k rpm..but the output is a bit dissapointing becos with this setup ,my engine only produce 90hp instead off 104hp while i was using that td04-09..but my torque seeing a good 2kg increasement..from 11kg to a 13kg..this was achieve with the same boost level around 1.2-1.3 bar of boost..

this setup seem the best setup for city driving but i sacrifice too much when driving on hiway..so for my next project i was thinking to upsize my turbine housing from 3cm2 to 5cm2 from mitsubishi 1.8 gsr..and all this question keep pop up in my mind...

1. what rpm will my turbo start spooling?3k,3.5k or 4k rpm?i targetting to spool around above 3k but not as late as above 4k rpm..

2. will my torque number increase or decrease with the same boost level before?honestly i scared with high number torque as i find out that higher torque do stress out my drivetrain(gearbox,driveshaft etc..)

3. i planning to use tubular exhaust manifold(banana)..will this effect anything?spool time,output,flow?will this thing be affected?

4. i also plan to run the highest boost as i can and from there set the optimum boost for my daily use..will my full boost rpm be affected as well?

5. do i need an ic upgrade?now using that ugly jasma thin intercooler..do i need to change them and use bigger or thicker oem intercooler?

hope someone can enlight me a little..tq

sideksepakragabulat

Jun 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
sory for brought up dis old thread..i've used this td04-09 before but from different engine..from my digging up in the internet my previous td04-09 is from mitsubishi lancer 1.8 turbodiesel..difference from penagihdadih turbo was my turbine housing only 3cm2(based on code written on the turbo)..mine start spooling around 400rpm earlier than penagihdadih unit..

from there i got this idea off running the biggest td04 i can get my hand on and i got my "new" td04hl-15G from volvo 850..still not the biggest td04 but for me that thing about twice bigger than my previous td04-09..for my 1st experiment i just port my old 3cm2 turbine housing to fit the new turbo and the result is spool time become much2 sooner..in fact almost 1000rpm earliear than before..with this setup i was able to spooling around 2200rpm and reach full boost around 5k rpm..but the output is a bit dissapointing becos with this setup ,my engine only produce 90hp instead off 104hp while i was using that td04-09..but my torque seeing a good 2kg increasement..from 11kg to a 13kg..this was achieve with the same boost level around 1.2-1.3 bar of boost..

this setup seem the best setup for city driving but i sacrifice too much when driving on hiway..so for my next project i was thinking to upsize my turbine housing from 3cm2 to 5cm2 from mitsubishi 1.8 gsr..and all this question keep pop up in my mind...

1. what rpm will my turbo start spooling?3k,3.5k or 4k rpm?i targetting to spool around above 3k but not as late as above 4k rpm..

2. will my torque number increase or decrease with the same boost level before?honestly i scared with high number torque as i find out that higher torque do stress out my drivetrain(gearbox,driveshaft etc..)

3. i planning to use tubular exhaust manifold(banana)..will this effect anything?spool time,output,flow?will this thing be affected?

4. i also plan to run the highest boost as i can and from there set the optimum boost for my daily use..will my full boost rpm be affected as well?

5. do i need an ic upgrade?now using that ugly jasma thin intercooler..do i need to change them and use bigger or thicker oem intercooler?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
this turbo this TD04-11B single blade,is very good for low rpm like 2.5k will full boost already,it very response turbo,but untill 5k rpm will drop power band,many diesel car is use this turbo
this turbo from which engine/car?

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
i have one friend that uses TD04 (gsr) mated with TD04-09 exhaust housing. as we all know that TD04 from gsr is a hybrid so the characteristic is there even mated to td04-09 housing. boost might be abit late and not as sharp as the riginal TD04-09 BUT the higher your rpm the harder the boost kicks. it is very good for racing/time attack on a high speed track setup as it gives a lot of power at around 4000 rpm to 7000+ rpm.

Last edited:

penagihdadih

Known Member
Feb 9, 2012
Shah Alam

Can we all know ur engine and specs?

sideksepakragabulat

Jun 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
l2s 660t with current setup:

72mm myvi pistons
metal head gasket
390 injectors
1jz fuel pump
38mm tial wastegate
td04hl-15g-3cm2 turbine housing
fuel reg
emanage blue

dis is my current setup and i'm planning to do some engine works becos my piston rings have worn out..and this a few thing i would like to add on:

some cyclinder head works (make dome to lower my CR)
change conrod (will ask my tuner first how much this stock conrod can handle..will work thing out from there)
tubular exhaust manifold
5cm2 turbine housing
change gearbox (currently using 660 gb..would love to try 850 gb)
full 2.5" exhaust piping (currently using about 90% 2.5" piping)

i've seen my fb fren that is using about the same setup(except he is using high cam,slightly bigger throttle body) except he using td04l from subaru mated with 5cm2 turbine housing...his engine produce 2++hp with almost 23-24kg torque..i've seen his dyno result and it seem like he start seeing power produce at 4000rpm and peaking around 6500rpm..and that result done on a very humble workshop with "kampung" style modification..and what amazed me most that his car was a daily driven car with ocassionally drag race..that started me to do this new project aiming about 150-170hp...

could this can be done?

kambeng758x

Jul 20, 2015
Kulim kedah
Anybody here use td05 from mudah?td05 tag Jasma.they claim it as td0518g..is it worth to buy and install to my vr4 engine?but actually not pure vr4 la,only block,others still mirage wiring and turbo..anybody have an idea what is the pro's and contra's if im using this turbine?

sarutobi84

Known Member
Aug 12, 2009
Johor Bahru
swift-turbo-malaysia.blogspot.sg
mudah jasma turbo?better no
pay slightly more and have a piece of mine.
I doubt mudah jasma turbo undergone crucial material selection and balancing.If they can give warranty maybe you can try and feedback here.

Anybody here use td05 from mudah?td05 tag Jasma.they claim it as td0518g..is it worth to buy and install to my vr4 engine?but actually not pure vr4 la,only block,others still mirage wiring and turbo..anybody have an idea what is the pro's and contra's if im using this turbine?

kambeng758x

Jul 20, 2015
Kulim kedah
mudah jasma turbo?better no
pay slightly more and have a piece of mine.
I doubt mudah jasma turbo undergone crucial material selection and balancing.If they can give warranty maybe you can try and feedback here.
Is it came from ur experienced?or just hearing 'berita panas' from other members?i've read from one otai from this group ,mentioned jasma turbo also can use..i already forgot who's that otai..but anyway ,thanks for ur reply..i'm in delemma already after u wrote like that..:banghead::banghead:...my friend the seller offer me for that td05 jasma and he said nobody from the his buyer complain about that turbo..any other option/experienced?pls share ur mind..thanks for ur feedback man:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
since it quite cheap...can try..but if it kong in short time u know why then :driver:

kambeng758x

Jul 20, 2015
Kulim kedah
Haha..luckyly not order yet..more contra then pro..hahaha..:driver:

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

But do anybody here ever heard/watching in youtube about jafromobile..try to search in youtube,youll see a video about using turbo in e-bay (china set)..and he also have a video the car in the track with those e-bay turbo..me very respect him (although he dont know me) ..hihi..i hope you'll see the videos..:adore::adore::adore: