[DIY] How to decrease engine bay temperature

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Your kancil got RPM one meh? :rofl:
Remove thermostat later your car overheat pun tak tau leh.
I add defi rpm meter lorrr, set the warning sound 500rpm lower than redline to shift them gear stick & let the Auto kick in the next gear, my thermostat gone edi la, now full bypass, oni got temp meter working. thinking of putting back them thermo, haven't ask the sparepart bout the price yet & does it come complete wit the ring & gasket @ not

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I add defi rpm meter lorrr, set the warning sound 500rpm lower than redline to shift them gear stick & let the Auto kick in the next gear, my thermostat gone edi la, now full bypass, oni got temp meter working. thinking of putting back them thermo, haven't ask the sparepart bout the price yet & does it come complete wit the ring & gasket @ not
I not sure why but I drove that time, when driving constantly at 90km/h. The temperature show that the heat is increasing. In fact is more than half. When I drive slower and especially 80km/h the temperature went down again below slightly half. Usually for normal cars, is just below half. not exactly half. Worse is it exceeded half too. Either the Thermostat rosak or the radiator problem. Hope is not radiator.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
I not sure why but I drove that time, when driving constantly at 90km/h. The temperature show that the heat is increasing. In fact is more than half. When I drive slower and especially 80km/h the temperature went down again below slightly half. Usually for normal cars, is just below half. not exactly half. Worse is it exceeded half too. Either the Thermostat rosak or the radiator problem. Hope is not radiator.
check rad water level, using coolant @ not, fan speed maybe. if goes up gradually & than goes down the rad should still be ok but sumthing is making it lagging. try cleaning the rad fin & fan & u'r condenser fin first & see how.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Why Kancil no RPM?
oni the 660(A) don't have, manual got(that is where I know it's redline to set to my defi rpm). I've seen wira aero (A) don't have too but not sure the cc though.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Why Kancil no RPM?
Some lower end model do not have, cut cost....:bawling:

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Just pass half? If that is the case should be ok. My wife's SUV on hot days pass the half mark slightly and on cooler times and night around half or slightly lower then half.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It's an old car. Swap out the radiator cap and thermostat. No harm in doing that since both are relatively cheap items to swap out. Then check that the radiator fan is moving. If there's no leakage and water level is good, then that's good. If there's no leak and water level is decreasing, strongly suggest you stop driving that car and change the head gasket.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
It's an old car. Swap out the radiator cap and thermostat. No harm in doing that since both are relatively cheap items to swap out. Then check that the radiator fan is moving. If there's no leakage and water level is good, then that's good. If there's no leak and water level is decreasing, strongly suggest you stop driving that car and change the head gasket.
Don't give him heart attack....hahahaha:biggrin:

1nasiklemak

May 13, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry bro, I've forgot how many clamps that used. If not mistaken 4 clamps on the top, 2 clamps at the bottom. You can use drive shaft boot clip, but I used a hoce clip, the one like water hose clip. Easy to fastern and hard to loose.

planning to do wrap,already bought thermo wrap,but no clamp..
want 2 know :-
where 2 buy the hose clip or drive shaft boot clip and how much.

After reading all post here,my to do list :-
wrap,high temp paint and silicone spray(if can find either 1),raise hood
and maybe put a turbo blanket.

any opinion,suggestion and recommendation will be much appreciated.
thanks in advance.really good and very helpful thread :biggrin::biggrin::driver:

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Most spare part shop sell the drive shaft boot clip. It's price is not more than RM5/pieces

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

After reading all post here,my to do list :-
wrap,high temp paint and silicone spray(if can find either 1),raise hood
and maybe put a turbo blanket.

any opinion,suggestion and recommendation will be much appreciated.
thanks in advance.really good and very helpful thread :biggrin::biggrin::driver:
Ace hardware a lot what.

1nasiklemak

May 13, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
thanks 4 the feedback..already survey hardware shop.bought longer screw and nut,done raising the hood..they hv hose clip various price various size.
normal steel not more than rm3,but certain shop sell >rm4.got stainless steel,rm5.not buying yet.
2day will go spare part shop 2 c drve shaft clip.also saw in mudah.my stainless steel cable tie 4 rm2+.
ace hardware will go later,looking 4 high temp paint,silicone spray and anti rust spray..

abt turbo blanket,any opinion guys?

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Happy diying bro

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
thanks 4 the feedback..already survey hardware shop.bought longer screw and nut,done raising the hood..they hv hose clip various price various size.
normal steel not more than rm3,but certain shop sell >rm4.got stainless steel,rm5.not buying yet.
2day will go spare part shop 2 c drve shaft clip.also saw in mudah.my stainless steel cable tie 4 rm2+.
ace hardware will go later,looking 4 high temp paint,silicone spray and anti rust spray..

abt turbo blanket,any opinion guys?
Most of the owners that I know that have used the blanket are for the bling effect. There was abit of reduction of heat in the engine bay, but no significant though...unless you are running big turbo as big as a bucket...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The increasing numbers of hybrid vehicles on public roads is a blessing but that also increases the chances of one being involved in an accident and if mishandled during rescue efforts, the high voltage electrical system could bring about further peril instead.

With that in mind, Honda Malaysia recently brought together selected government agencies for a safety talk on the subject of handling and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience