Worls Most Expensive Car Tyres

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Resist exploding at top speed, higher heat tolerance, probably close to pure latex type tyre and extremely low profile and wide, meaning a specially designed machine or mould had to be made just to specially make these tyres. Probably will go down in price eventually but there's probably not enough bulk to reduce production costs.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i wonder why this tyre are more expensive than formula 1 tyre?
As bro. Izso mentioned, Formula 1 can still have bulk manufacturing. Veyron tyres probably only for the Veyron.
Specifically, the tires measure 245/690 R 520 A front and 365/710 R 540 A rear. I have not seen or heard of this size before?

Even writer mentioned: We have no idea where you would even buy tyres for your Veyron – I doubt your local tyre centre carries them in stock, and this is in the EU not in Malaysia.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Veyron's top speed and weight are wayyyy greater than Formula 1. As demonstrated by Captain Slow.
Yup, tyre speed rated Y is up to 300kph, Y(XL) is above 300 but Veyron top speed is 400+kph so tyre are again specially built. Found out more on the tyres.....

The Tires and Interior

Even the tires for the Veyron are unique. They're specially designed by Michelin to handle the stress of driving at 250 mph. The tires need to be sticky like a race car's and able to handle 1.3 G's on the skidpad. However, they also need to last longer than the 70 or so miles of a typical race tire.

Michelin therefore created completely new tires to handle the Veyron's unique requirements. In the rear, the tires are 14.4 inches (36.6 cm) wide. Specifically, the tires measure 245/690 R 520 A front and 365/710 R 540 A rear, where 245 and 365 are the width in millimeters (9.5 and 14.4 inches respectively). The rims are 520 mm and 540 mm in diameter (approximately 20 inches). These tires, in other words, are massive -- the rears are the widest ever produced for a passenger car.

The tires use the Michelin PAX system. Their pressure is monitored automatically, and they can run flat for approximately 125 miles (201 km) at 50 mph (80 kph). According to Michelin, the run-flat detection system "plays an integral role in active safety in PAX System. Its role is to inform you of a loss of pressure, either gradual or sudden." Once warned of an air leak by the PAX system, you can reduce your speed and head toward a tire repair center.

One advantage of the PAX system and its run-flat ability is that it eliminates the need for a spare tire.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Resist exploding at top speed, higher heat tolerance, probably close to pure latex type tyre and extremely low profile and wide, meaning a specially designed machine or mould had to be made just to specially make these tyres. Probably will go down in price eventually but there's probably not enough bulk to reduce production costs.
Here is the answer....
Even the tires for the Veyron are unique. They're specially designed by Michelin to handle the stress of driving at 250 mph. The tires need to be sticky like a race car's and able to handle 1.3 G's on the skidpad. However, they also need to last longer than the 70 or so miles of a typical race tire.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Bugatti's tyre might not be the record holder now coz it's top speed was shattered by another car...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bugatti's tyre might not be the record holder now coz it's top speed was shattered by another car...
Yup, and is a Lotus.....Lotus Exige but they strengthened and lengthened its chassis, threw away the standard engine and replaced it with a 7-litre V8 which is force-fed air via twin turbochargers.

Read more: Is this the world's fastest car? | CTV News | Autos

But here talking about the tyres....:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I personally feel the Henessey Venom shouldn't be included in the list. Cuz for one thing, it's not a production car. It's a Lotus, stretched and modified. Whereas the Veryon and that American dunno-what car and the Aegera-S are all production cars.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I personally feel the Henessey Venom shouldn't be included in the list. Cuz for one thing, it's not a production car. It's a Lotus, stretched and modified. Whereas the Veryon and that American dunno-what car and the Aegera-S are all production cars.
And its a typical slap-on V8 sigh.
Yeahhh Koeniegsegg fan here as well.

Btw, if u guys are interested, spend 45mins on this.
Quite interesting.
BUGATTI VEYRON DOCUMENTARY [HD] - YouTube

And also this.
Pay attention to what Capt Slow says. He is the technical ones among them 3.
"In 15 minutes, the Veyron at 350kmh++ sucks enough air for a human for 4 days"
"And also 15 minutes, they tyres will go bald."
So imagine the risk of achieving that top speed. Grrr.
Bugatti Super Sport Speed Test - Top Gear - BBC - YouTube

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
What do you mean it isn't a production car? It's based on a Lotus, true, but it's a model in it's own right. I think they've sold a few units already aswell. Similar with what RUF or 9FF is doing with Porsche I guess.

I do agree with it being a rather primitive solution, coupling a light chassis with a turbo-charged V8. Nothing special there I don't think.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
What do you mean it isn't a production car? It's based on a Lotus, true, but it's a model in it's own right. I think they've sold a few units already aswell. Similar with what RUF or 9FF is doing with Porsche I guess.

I do agree with it being a rather primitive solution, coupling a light chassis with a turbo-charged V8. Nothing special there I don't think.
It is not a production car because in the geran it is a Lotus Exige.

Hennessey Venom GT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"As the run was in a single direction and only 11 cars have been produced to date, and is not a series production car, but registered as a modified Lotus Exige, it does not qualify as the worlds fastest production car in the Guiness Book of Records.[6]"

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
And also this.
Pay attention to what Capt Slow says. He is the technical ones among them 3.
"In 15 minutes, the Veyron at 350kmh++ sucks enough air for a human for 4 days"
"And also 15 minutes, they tyres will go bald."
So imagine the risk of achieving that top speed. Grrr.
No worries, in 12 minutes no more fuel to run......hahahahahhaha:biggrin::biggrin:

Here is more....
The Bugatti Veyron is pretty special – you can’t deny that. It has been the pinnacle of motoring for the last six years. Many facts have famously been splashed around about the Veyron, things like “At 250 mph, the Veyron’s tires will last fifteen minutes. Its 26.4-gallon fuel tank goes dry in twelve.” And “At the Veyron’s 253-mph top speed, the Veyron consumes 47,000 litres of air per minute — as much air as one man breathes in four days.”

You can pick these 95 RON facts up on some repeat on Dave but here are some Ultimate Unleaded 102 RON pub ammo facts about the Bugatti Veyron.

Fact 1: The waste energy from running the 16.4 litre engine at full whack could heat 10 family homes in the winter.

Fact 2: It takes 15 hours to build one radiator for the Veyron – each car has a total of 10.

Fact 3: The brakes can withstand heat of up to 1800°C

Fact 4: When the air brake is at an angle of 55 degrees it generates 70% of the braking force of an average car.

Fact 5: The Bugatti Veyron is split into three parts and only held together with 14 bolts.

Fact 6: The Veyron uses special Michelin PAX tires found on no other car. The rear wheels are 14.5 inches wide, twice as wide as a normal car. If you require replacements the car needs to be shipped to France, a process that costs $70,000.

Fact 7: It takes 8 days to weld a Bugatti Veyron fuel tank.

Fact 8: In a Veyron it is quicker to decelerate from 60mph to 0 than it is to accelerate there. (It only takes 2.8 seconds to get to 60)

Fact 9: Once being road tested for 500 kilometres, each car is put in a light tunnel and inspected and polished for two days solid.

Fact 10: A Bugatti Veyron uses fuel pumps that can pump fuel eight times faster than a normal car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys, I love turbo cars so i'm planning to turbo my CPS in a few year time. But, right now i'm just researching all the options and ways I can mod my car in the future.

I have a tonne of questions but this is the main one.

What's the difference between 4g93T, 4g63T, GSR and EVO 3 engine?

People usually go for GSR as it is said to be the most powerful. But will it be better if I just turbo my original engine? Less hassel with JPJ endorsement and such i assume? Any...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience