• BHP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
Nah, it doesn't work that way. Petrol pump and petrol tank are enclosed systems. The fumes you smell is not evaporated petrol, it's a by-product. Besides, petrol evaporates at about 95 Celsius 1 bar pressure. That's pretty high, your petrol tank is not going to reach those temperatures.

So don't worry about evaporation man.
bro, 95 degree is the boiling point of petrol. petrol will evaporate at any degree Celsius but the higher the temperature, the faster it evaporate. i oso never really check on that differences pumping fuel on cold & hot weather.

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
Why worry? The only difference is the additives. And all the additives claim to clean so if Petrol A today clean your insides, petrol B clean your insides again tomorrow (and probably clean Petrol A out), no problem la. You want to harm your engine don't change your engine oil for 2 years and drive it everyday. That'll harm your engine. You want to properly kill your engine, cut your timing belt and start the car.

:biggrin:
haha! so is it a myth that people say stick to one type of petrol and don't keep changing it ? because my uncle use to follow this principle and he tells me to do so .

Wife also have bonuslink and mesra card. Sometimes berebut to top up points hahaha.
Happens to me all the time with my family :driver:

2,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2005
i notice if i fill up at BHP puchong to my bike (LC 135 5 speed) it's more powerful than filling at Petron same road as Central Sugar Refinery & Petron near cyberjaya-puchong toll (i think Petron near cyberjaya-puchong toll gives better power than Petron same road as CSR which has the worst power (even feel underpowered). At the new petronas station in cyberjaya also if i'm not mistaken the power is not bad too.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I don't have much preference for what fuel to use but I have this to say.
I pump RON97 for 1 of my car all the time and I notice that if I pump from a station where very less ppl use ROM97, the car felt heavy and loss of power but when I mix in RON95 haha the car become better...so it's kinda hard so need to find station that most ppl will pump 97 if not I will mix 97 and 95.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i notice if i fill up at BHP puchong to my bike (LC 135 5 speed) it's more powerful than filling at Petron same road as Central Sugar Refinery & Petron near cyberjaya-puchong toll (i think Petron near cyberjaya-puchong toll gives better power than Petron same road as CSR which has the worst power (even feel underpowered). At the new petronas station in cyberjaya also if i'm not mistaken the power is not bad too.
Could be due to newer and older petrol but Petron at CSR I do see many fill up there?

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Nah, it doesn't work that way. Petrol pump and petrol tank are enclosed systems. The fumes you smell is not evaporated petrol, it's a by-product. Besides, petrol evaporates at about 95 Celsius 1 bar pressure. That's pretty high, your petrol tank is not going to reach those temperatures.

So don't worry about evaporation man.
that's the boiling point...evaporation starts at any temperature.

synail

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Visit site
call it additives or byproduct
ull know theres a leakage when u can smell it

imagine when theres leakage but u cant smell it

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
bro, 95 degree is the boiling point of petrol. petrol will evaporate at any degree Celsius but the higher the temperature, the faster it evaporate. i oso never really check on that differences pumping fuel on cold & hot weather.
that's the boiling point...evaporation starts at any temperature.
Good point!

Having said that, as long as your petrol tank is exposed to heat, petrol will evaporate in your tank. There's a release valve or something that allows the vapour to release to the air too so does that mean you lose petrol as long as you park directly under the sun?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Good point!

Having said that, as long as your petrol tank is exposed to heat, petrol will evaporate in your tank. There's a release valve or something that allows the vapour to release to the air too so does that mean you lose petrol as long as you park directly under the sun?
But for me, when I go refill when open fuel cap, like got vacuum??

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
There has to be a pressure release valve somewhere. Otherwise how does it handle the pressure from the gases?
Not sure about newer cars but older cars got this charcoal canister. I think this is the canister handling the fuel evaporation.....

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
had the charcoal canister before,but ditch it somewhere in the dustbin.muahahahah.
it just my messy engine bay messier.hehehe.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Petronas consistently give better mileage than Petron. Petron is my regular fill.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
take note that evaporation differs from boiling...

evaporation only happened at surface (liquid to air), while boiling happened inside the liquid (where the liquid got the energy)...

in a closed container (fuel tank), evaporation happened inside, but it will finds its equilibrium somehow...

im sure it got release valve somewhere, but i think its controlled by pressure..very hot day, yes, but not everytime...

evaporation accelerates when you open the fuel cap...release the pressure, and the evaporation happens...
you know that petrol (gasoline) evaporated really fast...

that's why refuel on cold day only... :proud:

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

take note that evaporation differs from boiling...

evaporation only happened at surface (liquid to air), while boiling happened inside the liquid (where the liquid got the energy)...

in a closed container (fuel tank), evaporation happened inside, but it will finds its equilibrium somehow...

im sure it got release valve somewhere, but i think its controlled by pressure..very hot day, yes, but not everytime...

evaporation accelerates when you open the fuel cap...release the pressure, and the evaporation happens...
you know that petrol (gasoline) evaporated really fast...

that's why refuel on cold day only... :proud:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi fellas,

Juz wanna share my experiences and my mates experiences with car break-ins.

:ph34r:
1) Low Yatt...Occured at car park. Guess wat? Went in there to buy a PDA and 2 hours later came back wif our library books missing from my kenari. Idiotic guards were arguing among themselves on who ronda here and there and at wat time. Bl00dy h3ll. After telling me that they hope that I won't report to police I didn't give a damm and i went off to make a police report at Dang Wangi. Damm...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience