• BHP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Nah..don't have to bother. What you guys mentioned were true. Fuel at lower temperature is denser. But when you add things up, it is a crappy myth. The tanks at petrol stations a buried meters under the ground. Now when you r underground, the surrounding temperature is not much affected by the ambient air temperature. It would take many hours for heat from above ground to reach the tank and heats up the fuel. Most of the heat will remain at the surface (probably 1m - 2m depth) and get dispersed through convection. So even if the heat really reach the tank, the sun is already sleeping. So unless you pump your petrol at Genting Highlands, don't bother.

Again, good point. I also didn't thought about temp underground.

Unless volcano is nearby hahahaha

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
What CVKit said is true. However a new station I still think is better than an old station anyday. At least even their storage tanks is new. Stations are asked to change their tanks every 10 years due to corrosion, rust, etc. But it's not obligatory so whether they change or not is another question. It's quite a big task to change these tanks too so you'll never know. I've heard stories of kerosene barrels found on site (meaning mixed into their supply of petrol) and owners of these stations buying petrol from other brands. Meaning a BP station with Mobil petrol for example. It's been known to happen.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What CVKit said is true. However a new station I still think is better than an old station anyday. At least even their storage tanks is new. Stations are asked to change their tanks every 10 years due to corrosion, rust, etc. But it's not obligatory so whether they change or not is another question. It's quite a big task to change these tanks too so you'll never know. I've heard stories of kerosene barrels found on site (meaning mixed into their supply of petrol) and owners of these stations buying petrol from other brands. Meaning a BP station with Mobil petrol for example. It's been known to happen.
New stations will not sprout out every now and then near your house, right? I will never drive a few km just to fill up in a new station...:biggrin:
Kerosene mixing was of yesteryear. Nowadays kerosene also expensive....:banghead:
Wonder what they use now?:confused:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
New stations will not sprout out every now and then near your house, right? I will never drive a few km just to fill up in a new station...:biggrin:

Kerosene mixing was of yesteryear. Nowadays kerosene also expensive....:banghead:

Wonder what they use now?:confused:

Got one Petronas a year old only near my house. Wohooo

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Honestly they all feel no difference to me, maybe I'm just too old already to sense any difference, either in power or fuel efficiency. So I only fill up Petron/Esso just because of the loyalty card which can trade 3000 pts with rm45 of fuel.

After reading so many threads about which fuel brands is the best, none ever come to real conclusion as well since no one has real proof too that one is truly better than the others. All just based on butt feel on certain conditions which can never be taken as the truth.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
So every 2 years you shift to be near a new Petronas station.....hahahhahahahha:biggrin:
LOL! No la, quite popular here so can say the fuel quite new gua.
Another one is along Penchala Link, that one even newer.

Honestly they all feel no difference to me, maybe I'm just too old already to sense any difference, either in power or fuel efficiency. So I only fill up Petron/Esso just because of the loyalty card which can trade 3000 pts with rm45 of fuel.

After reading so many threads about which fuel brands is the best, none ever come to real conclusion as well since no one has real proof too that one is truly better than the others. All just based on butt feel on certain conditions which can never be taken as the truth.
I also use Mesra points and credit card 5% rebate hahaha

Last edited:

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor

and what if we main tukar tukar fuel ? like today im using Petronas, tomorrow i wanna use Shell .. will these harm our engine ? :confused:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I agree with 6UE5t. Until we can someone to sponsor a dyno run for each petrol, it'll just be hearsay.

and what if we main tukar tukar fuel ? like today im using Petronas, tomorrow i wanna use Shell .. will these harm our engine ? :confused:
Why worry? The only difference is the additives. And all the additives claim to clean so if Petrol A today clean your insides, petrol B clean your insides again tomorrow (and probably clean Petrol A out), no problem la. You want to harm your engine don't change your engine oil for 2 years and drive it everyday. That'll harm your engine. You want to properly kill your engine, cut your timing belt and start the car.

:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Well, how to say which is better when A say Shell, B say Petron and C say Petronas and so on....hahaha:biggrin:
I too stick to Petron for the loyalty points as well as 2 stations near my house...:driver:

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Been pumping various types of fuels. Usually I pump at petronas (due to availability and loyalty card) and at shell (also loyalty card). BHP once in a while.

By the way, if you travel to baling, kedah at its surroundings (not sure if other parts of Kedah got or not) don't be surprised to see another oil company. Buraq Oil :biggrin:. Very small petrol station. Guessing catered to places where major fuel companies don't intend to set up station.

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
i thought ppl pump petrol during cold weather because petrol is easily evaporated during hot weather.:confused:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Been pumping various types of fuels. Usually I pump at petronas (due to availability and loyalty card) and at shell (also loyalty card). BHP once in a while.

By the way, if you travel to baling, kedah at its surroundings (not sure if other parts of Kedah got or not) don't be surprised to see another oil company. Buraq Oil :biggrin:. Very small petrol station. Guessing catered to places where major fuel companies don't intend to set up station.
Having 2 loyalty cards how to collect a lot of points unless you fuel up a lot.....:driver:

"Buraq" Oil, your nick is BuroQ. Sure not own by you......:biggrin::biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i thought ppl pump petrol during cold weather because petrol is easily evaporated during hot weather.:confused:
Nah, it doesn't work that way. Petrol pump and petrol tank are enclosed systems. The fumes you smell is not evaporated petrol, it's a by-product. Besides, petrol evaporates at about 95 Celsius 1 bar pressure. That's pretty high, your petrol tank is not going to reach those temperatures.

So don't worry about evaporation man.

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Having 2 loyalty cards how to collect a lot of points unless you fuel up a lot.....:driver:

"Buraq" Oil, your nick is BuroQ. Sure not own by you......:biggrin::biggrin:
lol no lah. If I own it, sure outlook of petrol station look awesome and modern hahaha.

Had the petronas mesra card for a few years already since Petronas station was quite near to where I stay before and near to parents house. Points wise the mesra card had more. Unfortunately, petronas in tg malim tend to run out of fuel at times and also on some petrol stations, mesra card cannot add points because system down or offline :banghead:

Nowadays I travel a lot and can say 2nd frequent or at times frequently fill up at Shell. Might as well pick up a bonuslink card.

Wife also have bonuslink and mesra card. Sometimes berebut to top up points hahaha.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i heard there will be new regulations with regard to engine conversions. is this true?

1. any engine replacement must maintained its capacity (or similar) without going any bigger. no matter 10% higher or 20%.

2. for proton and perodua cars which never produced turbocharged cars ... conversion to turbocharged engines wont be allowed any more.

hopefully sumone can confirm this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience