Choices of cars to buy?

RM100k and brand new car. Which one would you choose?

• VW Polo Sedan 1.6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kia Forte 2.0

• Ford Focus Sedan 1.8

• Nissan Sylphy 2.0

• Toyota Vios 1.5

• Chery Eastar 2.0

• Mazda 2 Sedan

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Mixed feelings mixed feelings.

I just recently tested a Volvo S60 T4. I think it's a T4. Anyway it belongs to a car nut friend so it's extremely well taken care of. Good power, good boot, good everything except cracked leather interior and high FC. Turbo and parts taken from a T5 which is plug and play so it's actually quite torquey and powerful. But FC is around 9km/L or worse.

Friend has offered to repaint the car and at RM30k it's very hard to resist. But since this will be a daily drive the FC is going to be a problem.

And yes... I'm talking about replacing my own car now. Wife has already decided on a *cringe* Alza.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I just recently tested a Volvo S60 T4. I think it's a T4. Anyway it belongs to a car nut friend so it's extremely well taken care of. Good power, good boot, good everything except cracked leather interior and high FC. Turbo and parts taken from a T5 which is plug and play so it's actually quite torquey and powerful. But FC is around 9km/L or worse.

Friend has offered to repaint the car and at RM30k it's very hard to resist. But since this will be a daily drive the FC is going to be a problem.

And yes... I'm talking about replacing my own car now. Wife has already decided on a *cringe* Alza.
Turbo cannot help lah! FC is like that. I am running like 7km/l only.

Huh! now wife wants Alza? So many MPVs in your family.....:driver::biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

I think your parents's innova is kinda influencing her to get a MPV. Better sell off the Innova :rofl:
Alza brakes, is real bad. I seriously feel very insecure especially if it happens I had to emergency brake. I always keep quite a distance from the car in front. Dare not even tailgate with an Alza.

Mirage la, suits her best. Girls are hard to please at times...:banghead:

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
I think your parents's innova is kinda influencing her to get a MPV. Better sell off the Innova :rofl:
Alza brakes, is real bad. I seriously feel very insecure especially if it happens I had to emergency brake. I always keep quite a distance from the car in front. Dare not even tailgate with an Alza.

Mirage la, suits her best. Girls are hard to please at times...:banghead:
Gotta agree on the braking part. Takutnya bila mau brake. Then again maybe I'm just spoiled by my twinpot brakes on my rolla hahaha.

Alza more suited for kurus - kurus people. Apparently when my large sized family sit in the Alza at the back, alamak tight space hahaha.

Most of the time parents use it as carrying larger stuffs that cannot fit in the car like those large pasu bunga.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Gotta agree on the braking part. Takutnya bila mau brake. Then again maybe I'm just spoiled by my twinpot brakes on my rolla hahaha.

Alza more suited for kurus - kurus people. Apparently when my large sized family sit in the Alza at the back, alamak tight space hahaha.

Most of the time parents use it as carrying larger stuffs that cannot fit in the car like those large pasu bunga.
My XL size family members also difficult to fit in the Alza. We test drive once and never went back....haha...:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Ya, the Alza to me is more like a sedan with bigger boot space. The rear seats can sit but won't be comfortable. Actually the whole car seats sucks to max. Is not a car where you can sit for long journey.

Not much support for the backbone or lumbar support. Also the seats tends to absorb heat from my ass. Gets hot after awhile.

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
dont worry... turbo wont makan minyak.. see my 320... full tank 700km... city driving... outstation means about 1200km..

but then again...

mine's a turbo diesel..

:biggrin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
But seriously speaking why not give turbo diesel a try Izso. I've turbodiesel and they have very good FC. Just like what BH mentioned. Maintenance wise also not very expensive. Good torque also

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
But seriously speaking why not give turbo diesel a try Izso. I've turbodiesel and they have very good FC. Just like what BH mentioned. Maintenance wise also not very expensive. Good torque also
But is there any cheap new turbodiesel car available in our market or not? Not much options to choose from.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
But is there any cheap new turbodiesel car available in our market or not? Not much options to choose from.
New Hilux :biggrin: Got parts available to mod.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
I think sylphy is a good choice when u compare with all your requirements as it is a JDM u can get cheaper spare parts, Nissan is proven that its a very reliable car even if u don't pamper it. Safety is moderate not much not less .. u can even pick Inspira though because it requires all those requirements ..anyways gud luck on picking a car and make sure u pick the right one so you won't feel disappointed :listen:

Feb 15, 2014
I vote Mazda, Japan manufacturer partnered with Ford. Not sure about the Mazda 2 but company recently bought a CX-5 and the built, details and features were amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi i whant to ad a supercharger to 2L 8V gti
i have a 288 cam what do i neet to do
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience