Aircond compressor kicks in making the car extremely heavy

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
really dunno how to fix it, or like some 4x4 need 2 alternators? :biggrin:
Really, why need 2 alternators? FICD is fast idle control device so more for idling problem...

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Compressor consider ok no stress twisting it with 1 finger, looking around to service compressor at least having the compressor oil change.. But no workshop do this kinda job :bawling:
Got brother. You pay, most shop will do. Problem is you will have to vacuum and re-gas again.
One recommended shop for air con by members is "Air-con station" in Shah Alam. Seems they run and clean the system also, but not cheap. That is why I rather do only when got problem...:smokin:

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Let me guess.. Ur car is automatic, right?

If i were u, i start saving money to buy compressor..

I had an experience.. The compressor getting heavier trough time n suddenly its stop moving

Smoke comes up coz d belt still turning but d compressor jammed already
Bro, auto or manual 1 ?

It's manual 1, i though auto don't really felt that kick in like a brake in because of their gear ratio.

Compressor consider ok no stress twisting it with 1 finger, looking around to service compressor at least having the compressor oil change.. But no workshop do this kinda job :bawling:

I agree with bro dzul. Your compressor can turn easily becoz compressor clutch did not engage, and it's only running on the pulley bearing.
Imho, your compressor maybe will spoil later. When the compressor clutch engage, it drag engine load as well but usually drop arround 200rpm only. Better check on the compressor.

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Really, why need 2 alternators? FICD is fast idle control device so more for idling problem...

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Got brother. You pay, most shop will do. Problem is you will have to vacuum and re-gas again.
One recommended shop for air con by members is "Air-con station" in Shah Alam. Seems they run and clean the system also, but not cheap. That is why I rather do only when got problem...:smokin:
I add FICD somehow is easier to drive, no compressor kick in like brake in.. but idling higher abit..
Yea, agree with air con service, since is still cool better don't bother until it fails.

I agree with bro dzul. Your compressor can turn easily becoz compressor clutch did not engage, and it's only running on the pulley bearing.
Imho, your compressor maybe will spoil later. When the compressor clutch engage, it drag engine load as well but usually drop arround 200rpm only. Better check on the compressor.
With engine shut down, can turn the compressor clutch means nothing jam or stressing inside. It still engage everytime i play with the a/c switch and still freezing cool. Yes agree with the compressor fact, it might fails soon.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I add FICD somehow is easier to drive, no compressor kick in like brake in.. but idling higher abit..
Yea, agree with air con service, since is still cool better don't bother until it fails.

With engine shut down, can turn the compressor clutch means nothing jam or stressing inside. It still engage everytime i play with the a/c switch and still freezing cool. Yes agree with the compressor fact, it might fails soon.
Maybe with the higher idling (revs) it aids the pick up...

What they meant is compressor breaking down and have internal stress. When air con clutch is free the compressor is disengaged from pumping the gas, so can turn freely.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, auto or manual 1 ?

It's manual 1, i though auto don't really felt that kick in like a brake in because of their gear ratio.

Auto one bro

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
I will advise that, your AC compressor does needs scheduled servicing. inside the compressor itself contains lubrication oil (just like cylinder oil), and should be properly serviced. same goes too with the compressor bearings (symptom of AC bearing failing : compressor emits humming sound when the pulley clutch engaged) which needs to be observed but while the compressor is taken out from the car - it's worth it to change it along (just like changing the engine's waterpump when you change the timing belt - in one go). usually it costs between 100-140 per service inclusive bearing change.

I've been using my satria since 2000, and had 6 changes of compressor - which sarcastically more often than I had to do with the throttle body, the last one was in 2006. I did the service along every 15-24mths, and it's been 8 years of good cooling and without heavy surge of RPM when the AC kicked in. AND, the old AC mech of mine always rubbed a bit of grease to the AC belt ribbed part and advised to do so from time to time so the belt belly wouldn't be too dry and too grippy at the compressor pully.... so the little slack of belt traction when the AC clutch pins the pulley, the bearing won't suffer too much sudden load and you won't feel the sudden drag too much. It does help too with eliminating that screeching sound from dry belt.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I went home at 4am, no body followed, parent gone to work around 5 somehting, nth happned, when my sis woke up at 8 , my car driver side glass kena smashed ! wtF ?! safc2 gone, other still there. Inside my house some more !

to the thief, if i found u.. i make sure u get "nicely" from me. FUCKER !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience