Honda DC5 ,DC2 , Honda EP3 which one should I get ?

Honda DC5 ,DC2 , Honda EP3 which one should I get ?

• DC5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DC2

• EP3

• Total voters

jasontan8338

Feb 3, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
So I am already tired with my Wira . and now im planning to move to the another car . Do DC5 ,DC2 adn EP3 suit for daily drive ? And it only can use RON97 petrol ? Besides , DC2 spareparts is hard to find or not? Because this car is too old , but the sound of the engine attract me ! For the DC5... The sport exterior look really attract me too . But DC5 is totally over budjet . 03/05 need rm90000 + :bawling:
So DC2 still the best choice for me? Any DC2 / DC5 Owners here?

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Regarding your inquiry on DC2
- Parts for B-series at the moment still reasonably easy to source as you can check at ZTH, mudah, etc.
- Power wise not as powerful as K-series on stock to stock comparison but many opted the B20 block for more hp
- RON97 if you want a peace of mind

jasontan8338

Feb 3, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Ehrm..... DC2 not sharing same engine with DC5? Like the K series K20a ? Actually I don't know anything about dc2 much .. I just know it ytr ... When I "yam cha" with my friend at mamak stall . Its sound really nice !Vtec Screaming? !:biggrin:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Nope, DC2 and DC5 both don't share the same engine on stock basis (B18 vs. K20)

jasontan8338

Feb 3, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Do the B-Series engine "kacau" ? And price of dc2 is around 30~40 right ? I can't find it on mudah or others . I just saw many EG6 and other convert type r

jasontan8338

Feb 3, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
That's why I like it . One of my freind told me , dc2 sparepats is easy to find . But if u want to find DC2 it's hard... Besides , most of the dc2 we can find in nowadays re four door ('AT) version one . But i just want the dc2 eith two door one !

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

with*

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
the 4 door is not DC2, it is called DB8

there are a few DC2 in mudah, it is still easier than finding a DC2R (comes with B18C-R engine stock instead of B18C-GSR in normal DC2)

jasontan8338

Feb 3, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Oh thanks for correction :biggrin:
But what i want the most is the dc5 ! The sporty look really attract me ! :banghead: . And its hard to find good condition dc5 now...

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Please seriously consider newer Hondas just for the sake of K20A brother. Square engine.

I've spent fair amount of money modifying B18C Type R. I still wish I have a K20A Type R.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If you really want, K20A can be transplanted into DC2. There are already people doing this transplant on EG and EK Civic.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
if u wanna buy a honda... id recommend the DC5... not only is it the best choice amongst the 3 cars u posted.... but also theft rate for the DC5 is still pretty low... i think so far only 2-3 cases only in the past 2 years....

DC2 is getting stolen left right and center... EG, EK , EF even worse... 1 week minimum 1 case... at one point, 1 case a day. at another point 3 cars stolen in Kuantan on the same day!

even with DC5 ud still have to take some serious security measures.... my friend's car was broken into right in front of his house...meters stolen, seats stolen and cant remember wat else.... and afaik the stolen DC5s have totally disappeared... never found.

EP3 is pretty rare... good car, but since its rare, parts may be a bit tough in case of anything.

moral of the story... just avoid the hondas la... its pretty dangerous to own one now... and im telling u as a honda owner myself. my car oso i barely drive out anymore....

shove in a 1.8 GSR into ur wira and mod it proper and u probably can makan all those NA hondas power wise. if still wan that sound, i guess the closes u can get is the MIVEC. also a good choice.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That's gonna cost another RM30k? In the end, probably TS will wonder whether he should just bought a DC5 straight away.
If about lighter weight, DC2 will be better.

if u wanna buy a honda... id recommend the DC5... not only is it the best choice amongst the 3 cars u posted.... but also theft rate for the DC5 is still pretty low... i think so far only 2-3 cases only in the past 2 years....

DC2 is getting stolen left right and center... EG, EK , EF even worse... 1 week minimum 1 case... at one point, 1 case a day. at another point 3 cars stolen in Kuantan on the same day!

even with DC5 ud still have to take some serious security measures.... my friend's car was broken into right in front of his house...meters stolen, seats stolen and cant remember wat else.... and afaik the stolen DC5s have totally disappeared... never found.

EP3 is pretty rare... good car, but since its rare, parts may be a bit tough in case of anything.

moral of the story... just avoid the hondas la... its pretty dangerous to own one now... and im telling u as a honda owner myself. my car oso i barely drive out anymore....

shove in a 1.8 GSR into ur wira and mod it proper and u probably can makan all those NA hondas power wise. if still wan that sound, i guess the closes u can get is the MIVEC. also a good choice.
Wira can't handle as well as Honda. :banghead: