My Levin AE-101 : Past, Present & Future

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Dear ZTHians,

I started this thread coz i'm bored.. so, juz bare with me :biggrin:

Here i would like to share the story of my Levin 2door AE101..

It all started when i 'rescue' this beauty in april 2004.. the exterior n interior is acceptable but the engine area is leaking all over.. there's also sand-like residue inside the engine oil..

She had an auto transmission Silvertop engine.. pls excuse the engine color coz the previous owner paint it to sell it higher..

it took me years to settle all d problems.. it's a daily driven car.. so, i hv no choice but to settle it bit by bit.. with a tight budget too

in 2010, a stupid lorry driver crash his lorry into d rear of my car.. stupid driver..

then, the transformation begin..

shortly after, i found a bomex bumper in mudah.my..

then, upgrades begin..

6 speed gearbox with ECU, carbon fiber hood, Tom's super air intake & plenum, custom DIY headlamps..

but the DIY headlamps has some difficulties.. so, it doesn't stay on d car..

I'll post up more upgrades once i get it :wink:

Future upgrades : extractor, camshaft, stroker kit, etc

Thanx for reading..

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Latest addition to my Levin..

Blacktop throttle & custom trumpet by JMS Tuner..

the best trumpet i've found so far :wink:

coming soon : arc box n extractor :biggrin:

Last edited:

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Kudos on restoring this beauty. Bit by bit bro... insyallah you'll be able to upgrade the parts that you wanted.

P.S: Oi tak keja ke? hahaha. Sempat lagi advertise tong minyak hahah

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Kudos on restoring this beauty. Bit by bit bro... insyallah you'll be able to upgrade the parts that you wanted.

P.S: Oi tak keja ke? hahaha. Sempat lagi advertise tong minyak hahah
hehe.. some1 sponsor it.. so, i advertise :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
hehe.. some1 sponsor it.. so, i advertise :biggrin:
Indeed a nice and rare car. Hard to find any of these beauties on sale. Except one white one still on sale in ZTH if not wrong. Owner did state the problem with the car though. But would be great for new owner who can restore it.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Almost same story like mine la... Lots of problem. Replace bit by bit. All ori parts... Upgrade bit by bit also... Fix leaks... Just that i didn't have the patience to take pics and post bro... I salute your passion and patience to let us follow your story!

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Some serious good intake component there, i will be doing the same combination like yours. Just left budget for trumpet now. Did you let jms tune your machine too? :biggrin:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Some serious good intake component there, i will be doing the same combination like yours. Just left budget for trumpet now. Did you let jms tune your machine too? :biggrin:
yup.. i'll be going there every now n then to tune/modify my car.. they did a very good job..

clean my rocker cover eventhough it's quite hard to do n time consuming..

they also have lots of custom things they do themselves..

:wink:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
yup.. i'll be going there every now n then to tune/modify my car.. they did a very good job..

clean my rocker cover eventhough it's quite hard to do n time consuming..

they also have lots of custom things they do themselves..

:wink:
Do they do major things like rebuilt/transplant ? Needa makan rumput few month, their trumpet price lol..

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Do they do major things like rebuilt/transplant ? Needa makan rumput few month, their trumpet price lol..
Yup.. They do everything 4age.. They hv a few track car n coming soon 2door ae111 Levin track car..

already win a few race events.. U can come see their trophies

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup.. They do everything 4age.. They hv a few track car n coming soon 2door ae111 Levin track car..

already win a few race events.. U can come see their trophies
Seen one white SEG with that trumpet also at last speedfest. Is real fast though.

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
nice write up on your journey

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Indeed a nice and rare car. Hard to find any of these beauties on sale. Except one white one still on sale in ZTH if not wrong. Owner did state the problem with the car though. But would be great for new owner who can restore it.
There is one that is posted in mudah for quite some time. But that is the supercharged version of AE101. Toyota LEVIN AE101 COUPE SUPERCHARGE ORI (M) - Cars for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

Maybe the AE101 is not as legendary or as fast as the famous EK9 but regarding the looks, I'll say AE101 looks way better than EK9 and EG6.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was recommended to install this new stuff by accessory shop. Claims it
could make acceleration be consistent. Any comments? Is this another one
of those white elephant devices that claim more acceleration...boost
power...save fuel...blah blahblah?? No offence coz it's more expensive
than Pivot Raizin Blue I installed (with no improvements). FYI, I was quoted RM200 incl install. Any price-buster around K.Valley?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience