DIY Honda ECU Repairs- P30 P08 P27

ryand

Dec 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys,

long time since my last visit..

just want to share some code 14 IACV issues on JDM small ecu

some issue can be solved by replacing the two resistor R62 and R63 and Q8, but try the resistors first.

however, i have one ECU that i have replaced R62 and R63 and Q8, no cel upon key on. idle goes up and down upon start. code 14 after 4-5 sec when engine is running

the iacv pin on the ecu does not hold up any voltage, usually a good known ecu will have 9V when engine is on

any ideas is appreciated..

other question is.. a steady CEL means with no code thrown is board problem. however, if steady CEL with no code thrown but if you pull a sensor plug, it will throw the specific code. but when you re install the sensor plug and reset the ecu. steady cel again no code thrown.

so the ecu reads sensor problems but when all sensors are working. there is steady cel with out a code thrown

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
hi guys,

long time since my last visit..

just want to share some code 14 IACV issues on JDM small ecu

some issue can be solved by replacing the two resistor R62 and R63 and Q8, but try the resistors first.

however, i have one ECU that i have replaced R62 and R63 and Q8, no cel upon key on. idle goes up and down upon start. code 14 after 4-5 sec when engine is running

the iacv pin on the ecu does not hold up any voltage, usually a good known ecu will have 9V when engine is on

any ideas is appreciated..

other question is.. a steady CEL means with no code thrown is board problem. however, if steady CEL with no code thrown but if you pull a sensor plug, it will throw the specific code. but when you re install the sensor plug and reset the ecu. steady cel again no code thrown.

so the ecu reads sensor problems but when all sensors are working. there is steady cel with out a code thrown

For the case of cel14.... Did the caps badly leak?

ryand

Dec 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
For the case of cel14.... Did the caps badly leak?
one of them yes but replaced it and all caps have proper voltage readings..

i can send you one ECU and try to see whats wrong.. early xmas gift you dont have to ship it back

Last edited:

X-wings

Jul 15, 2009
hi,
i have ecu pr3-j01
board 02D01720-1500

cannot start engine,
cel no blinking any code, stay on.
fuel pump not prime, fuse 18 no power, main relay not react to fuel pump.
change another ecu, car can start.

anybody can help me, ecu board look good no damage.

thanks

X-wings

Jul 15, 2009
Wings, ur location?
my problem now on ecu,..i change all capacitor,and then connect to car.
first time start the car, it running. but when i want start it in the morning, the car still same problem,
fuel pump not prime and car can't start. after thinking and research the problem.
i detect my ecu need in warm condition,(i test twice using iron warm the ecu board).
fuel pump prime as usually and car can start. do you think what's the problem on my board? i need change which component?
thanks e-tech

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
my problem now on ecu,..i change all capacitor,and then connect to car.
first time start the car, it running. but when i want start it in the morning, the car still same problem,
fuel pump not prime and car can't start. after thinking and research the problem.
i detect my ecu need in warm condition,(i test twice using iron warm the ecu board).
fuel pump prime as usually and car can start. do you think what's the problem on my board? i need change which component?
thanks e-tech
Pls send me a good picture. Like to see your repair job.
Tq

Jan 16, 2014
I just came across this thread, great info here.

I have a question about my P28-A02 ecu. I have 93 civic, and the original ECU died 3 years ago. I picked this ECU from a local salvage yard. It's worked great for 3 years now, but just recently I'm having the same symptoms the last time my ECU died. There are no codes, no CEL, the car just dies and will not restart. After a minute or two, it will start, and remain fine for a few days. This happens randomly. I read here about the capacitors that often leak, so I pulled out my ECU and opened it up. the caps seem fine (to me) but I did notice a solder joint that seems burnt at one of the transistors. Here are a couple of pics of the burnt area, both front and back. Could this be causing my problem?

Oct 24, 2013
What ECUs can i take these components for IC17 (TA8903sn), QM1,2,3 and Caps from to fix my P28 ECU? Do all the Honda ECUs use the same components US or JDM? if not which ECUs should i be looking for to get those components from?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Im using s90 on civic b20b but now getting prob on unstable idling n heard many user facing same problem bcs of vacum leak. Some said using 1gen S90 throttle body not facing idling issue. Some of bengkel said S90 itself prob ( most my frenz using on cibiv b series).

I was tried some method to get stable idling like TPS adjust, Iacv clean n etc. no check engine but still getting prob. 1 more wat the diff cooper butterfly wif crom butterfly? Any diff?

Try getting others brand as Skunk2...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience