Air con not cold...

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Check the air cond gas. If there is no gas, then just refill it.

Or it could be your compressor. Did you notice any noise coming from your compressor? If there is even a slight noise, I would seriously recommend you to stop using your air cond. If you continue to use it, you will damage your compressor even more.

Just to be on the safe side, don't turn on your air cond till you get it checked.

This is just based on what I experienced before. There could be other things that you need to check but I am not sure.

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
wat could be problem, blowing air like not cold.....just air hahhaa

no gas ??
Could be several cause, but 1st of all check your gas. Air con gas.

Last edited:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
danz..if got sludge means compressor kong liau...$$$

if cooling coil leak....$$$

if piping leak... :)

so better hope for piping leak...and thats if gas leak and not compressor failure which then brings it back to $$$

YEN96

Known Member
May 25, 2011
JB/SGP
how much usually to top up air con gas ???

usually how long need to top up gas ?? ..seldon use aircon also haha but now weather hot tak boleh tah han

Last edited:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
about RM40 only la...n that oso some people consider as expensive....but thats bcoz aircond gas prices went up liao

top up...whenever u no feel cold then top up lor

YEN96

Known Member
May 25, 2011
JB/SGP
yeah. just top up RM40 for gas and compressor oil i think, now shiok sedup cold cold sekuKKKK mak

BUT, aircon man say car will stall because the oil now full ????

Last edited:

YEN96

Known Member
May 25, 2011
JB/SGP
any aircon experts ?? compressor oil full will cause stalling due to load on engine too high ???

confirm engine stall is due to aircon, if never on, no problem ??

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Too many possible causes, hard to say. Get it checked at air-cond shop.

Engine stalling if open air cond usually means idle control system messed up, or ECU somehow not compensating for A/C load, so that also can mean many things.

YEN96

Known Member
May 25, 2011
JB/SGP
Your explanation sounds logical to me.

Top up gas and compressor oil by aircon shop. I suppose he has pre-warn me of stalling problems but never tell me other issues mean maybe stalling is initially only ??

Else, if seriouus, he should have highlighted other issues ?!?! and why still allow me to drive off ???!?!

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
stalling is not life or death issue. Nor does it damage your engine. It's just an annoying problem. Do simple test, start car, warm up until normal temp (means near middle of the temp meter) you can drive it around while waiting for it to reach normal temp (either aircond on or of). After reach normal temp, turn off aircond. Look at your rpm meter. What does it read? turn on aircond, what does it read. if RPM way higher with aircond off, your a/c load is not being detected or idle valve not working (due to tps or iacv problem) if not means it dips, then returns to normal rpm (just below 1000 usually), then it's likely mechanical, causing aircond load to be heavier from normal, causing your engine to stall.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all Detailen Fans,

I was given the opportunity to restore an oxidized headlamps of a Civic. It was a whacko day as I had to rush back from Melaka for this restoration only to discover later that the owner was in Melaka as well. Not to mention the temperature today is like..... hell on earth.

Without further delay, i present to you......

Today's patient

Previously wet sanded by the owner using 2000 grit...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience