Wheel spacer : pros n cons?

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
There's a type of spacer that has the lugs engineered into it. Meaning you bolt the spacer onto your hub using your hub lugs and the spacer itself will have a long lug as well so you can have plenty of space to bolt down the rims.

The issue with this is the engineering has to be perfect and the ones that I've seen are really not cheap.

Lastly why do you want such crazy offset? JPJ kacau la.
yeah...it cost about rm600 for 1 inch thick ..rm600 for 4 spacers with bolt

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
There r people selling rm40++ per pc at mudah.my

N from.their pics, it's with center cone type..

:driver:

wodern

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
yeah...it cost about rm600 for 1 inch thick ..rm600 for 4 spacers with bolt
U have the shop adress and contact details?

Cheapest I found so far is RM700 via mudah. Looking for a more competitive pricing.

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
U have the shop adress and contact details?

Cheapest I found so far is RM700 via mudah. Looking for a more competitive pricing.
i just look in the mudah web...this guy who work in melaka and live in batu pahat..he working in a engineering shop..the spacers that he sell to me is a brand new spacers..comes with the bolt and u can ask them to make 4 hole into 5 hole spacers..100 pcd into 114 pcd

http://www.mudah.my/Wheel+spacer+custom+made+untuk+semua+jenis+kereta-23944787.htm

i think this guy la...it a malay guy..sorry cannot remember which guy i buy it from..

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Wow, really pain.
Why not just buy a new set of rims with better offsets?
as usually if my wife find somthin new at my car,she will nagging how i just spend money carelessly

Last edited:

ragerunner

Known Member
Mar 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I'm using 25mm spacers with bolt at the rear, supposed to be from Japan. Not sure whether it comes with cone.

Pros: Wheels really flush with the rear fender. In terms of handling benefits, can't tell cuz bigger ARBs were installed on the same day. Balancing is not really an issue since it's at the back.

Cons: Since I'm still on aged stock shocks and spring, with heavy load at the back (2 passengers and stuff in the boot) the fenders will touch the tires (actually just right tire) while going over mild uneven roads. Rarely if going over very uneven surface at speed (eg highway near Putrajaya Sentral), sagat will also occur even with no load at the back. Not an issue if you're on adjustables or if you don't fetch buffaloes at the back.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
There r people selling rm40++ per pc at mudah.my

N from.their pics, it's with center cone type..

:driver:
Even if comes with center cone the size must fit your rims, if not then no point also. Center cone are suppose to be fitting to the rim so as to centralized the rim to the hub...:driver:

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

the customs spacers with the lugs is either a pcd converter with or spacer diameter more than 1"
Like these...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
i got a pair of 8mm from a fren.. try to put it on but my lugs aren't long enough..

thinking of changing to a longer lugs n putting a center cone..

center cone i've asked a tyre shop..they quote me rm120 per set (4pcs)

longer lugs how much?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
i got a pair of 8mm from a fren.. try to put it on but my lugs aren't long enough..

thinking of changing to a longer lugs n putting a center cone..

center cone i've asked a tyre shop..they quote me rm120 per set (4pcs)

longer lugs how much?
Wouldn't long lugs snap easily? Since the weight is shifted more outward?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Pretty much the reason why he needs a really good quality piece of kit.

My stock length non-wide offset also can snap la.. it's all about luck and how much you willing to spend to get the good stuff.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Pretty much the reason why he needs a really good quality piece of kit.

My stock length non-wide offset also can snap la.. it's all about luck and how much you willing to spend to get the good stuff.
Yup, standard lug nuts if tighten a bit tighter can also snap. Tyre shop newbie using air gun snap one of mine before....:banghead::banghead:

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

That is why this type of mod not as good. Best is to use correct offset not modify....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yup, standard lug nuts if tighten a bit tighter can also snap. Tyre shop newbie using air gun snap one of mine before....:banghead::banghead:
Ha? Mine not even air-gun and snapped with my brute force trying to open the damn lug nut. I think the problem with air-gun tightening is it stretches the lug if over tightened therefore making it weakened? And I've wrecked two in my Wira and 4 in my Myvi, all stock lugs. Ironically the replacement OEMs seem stronger.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ha? Mine not even air-gun and snapped with my brute force trying to open the damn lug nut. I think the problem with air-gun tightening is it stretches the lug if over tightened therefore making it weakened? And I've wrecked two in my Wira and 4 in my Myvi, all stock lugs. Ironically the replacement OEMs seem stronger.
Air guns have adjustment too. Can adjust to lower strength. Some shops I go to they check with torque wrench again after air gun. Some have adjusted the air gun correctly and just nice.:driver: