4G93T Club

boost_defi

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Kajang
Hi 4g93t sifus,

I'm planning to bolt on turbo on my 4g93 mivec.
But not sure about the durabilty.

I'm planning to put in 93t piston so can go for a bit higher boost.

Also i'm currently use e manage with original mivec ecu, do guys think
that i need the extra boost sensor for emanage? If i didnt install boost sensor for the emanage, what kind of problem i"ll face?

Many thanks.

kkkw

May 10, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi boost_defi,

Not really a sifu, but i have a Mivec Turbo, and have been driving in on a weekly basis in all conditions for the past year after conversion. Basically came from 4G92 SOHC -> 4G92 DOHC -> 4G92 Mivec -> 4G93 MIvec -> 4G93 Mivec Turbo. All i can say is that the Mivec Turbo is no more troublesome or less durable than any of my previous engines, with awesome power.

I have built my ride the following way:
-4G93T Piston (the one with higher compression as there are 2 types of GSR pistons)
-Evo 3 wiring and GSR ECU with Evo Chip
-Evo 3 510CC injectors
-Emanage Blue
-RSM Black to activate Mivec

I wanted to use original mivec ECU and wiring running MAP sensor but I decided not to because it is originally not a turbo ECU and it is harder to tune.

If i were you i would sell the Mivec ecu and wiring and get a standalone or an turbo ecu and wiriing

boost_defi

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Kajang
Great explanation bro kkkw. Now i get the picture.

Was thinking to get a standalone ie: microtech. But i'm trying to minimize the cost. Hehe.

Between gsr wiring and evo wiring which one is better? Both wiring are same i guess except the air flow n ecu..

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

kkkw

May 10, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I think there are some minor differences between Evo and GSR wiring, cant really remember but i think Evo wiring has extra components in the loom, i think an extra ballast unit. Also for Evo wiring you have to extend the wires for the coils if i remember correctly. Just get the whole Evo set, trouble free, you wont have to be afraid that ur engine not getting enough fuel.

weaponzero

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Philippines
Hi! Please I really need your help guys..newbie on 93t here and I need to replace clutch. I'm using the awd tranny but locked to front wheel drive. Can I use evo 1-3 clutch set without any modification? Thank you!

coolguyd101

Oct 17, 2006
Hi all bro and sis here...im new here..currently driving a mitsubishi colt ralliart..the engine was a 1.5 mivec turbo...its hard to gain power for this engine...im planning for a engine rebuilt, but my machanic told me that with the money that I dumped in this engine is not worth..he suggest me to get a 4g93t complete engine and do a transplant since the engine mounting are the same...so I wan to ask is...if i choose to use together with the 4wd mt gearbox and lock 2wd, what problem will I face? I read the post here and saw some other senior says will makan clutch..is it true? Or I can choose to use the 4g92 mivec gearbox? How much will the 4g93t engine lantai cost?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

Those that stays in Kajang, Sg. Chua,
especially the area near
Taman Berjaya Baru
Taman Sepakat Indah (apartment area)
Taman Sepakat Indah II (apartment area also)
Resident areas around Bintang supermarket.

pls lock ur car properly, upgrade acar alarm and park wisely!!
especially those that park outside the apartments along the road.
If can, form a volunteer-ronda-ronda team to take turns to
do patrolling.

I'd attended a meeting with one of the Joint Mgt Committee of one of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience