engine vibrating after installing middle bullet exhaust

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
hello all zth'ians. i have a problem the may need others respond..i have owned my satria neo about 3 years. time goes by and got married and poof,my wife getting pregnant. so after a while my wife complaint about our car exhaust getting louder..not suitable for having child. so i promised to her to change my car exhaust but i didnt..hahaha..i just install another middle bullet make it 3 bullet at the middle..so the problems is the exhaust shop install the middle bullet but they have cut the connector from the header..

old setup (engine-exhaust 421 setup-connector-2 inch middle bullet-spiral middle bullet-last exhaust)..
new setup (engine-exhaust 421 setup- audi catalyct convertor (shop says)-2 inch middle bullet-spiral middle bullet-last exhaust)

they just welded from 421 exhaust with the "audi catalyct convertor"+2 inch middle bullet+spiral middle bullet..
the engine getting vibrate at low rpm with grind sound. so i have to step the clutch to make it quiet..can somebody help how can i resolve this problems..much appreciate if problem is resolve

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
sounds like clutch problem more than the exhaust???

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
old setup (engine-exhaust 421 setup-connector-2 inch middle bullet-spiral middle bullet-last exhaust)..
new setup (engine-exhaust 421 setup- audi catalyct convertor (shop says)-2 inch middle bullet-spiral middle bullet-last exhaust)
The connector is a metal bellow to flex and absorb some vibration from the engine. Without it some of the vibration will be transmitted to car body as the whole exhaust system is attached to the car body

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
The connector is a metal bellow to flex and absorb some vibration from the engine. Without it some of the vibration will be transmitted to car body as the whole exhaust system is attached to the car body
the "tabung nenas" :biggrin:

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
the "tabung nenas" :biggrin:
still have the tabung nenas..dont know what make that noise

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

the engine semput? how many bullets u using now? 3?
engine still ok..no semput..just when i released the fuel pedal,the rpm drop until 1-1.6rpm then the grind sound happened

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

sounds like clutch problem more than the exhaust???
if the clutch problems,so i have to replaced the clutch la..some times clutch also feel hard..my wife dosnt want to drive my car due the clutch so hard to press

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
engine still ok..no semput..just when i released the fuel pedal,the rpm drop until 1-1.6rpm then the grind sound happened
The noise only appear with or without stepping the clutch?
either loosen clutch bearing (grinding) or the audi catalytic convertor (rattling).

Did you check the condition of catalytic convertor b4 they install ?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
still have the tabung nenas..dont know what make that noise

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

if the clutch problems,so i have to replaced the clutch la..some times clutch also feel hard..my wife dosnt want to drive my car due the clutch so hard to press
Clutch heavy due to pressure plate not good already....

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
The noise only appear with or without stepping the clutch?
either loosen clutch bearing (grinding) or the audi catalytic convertor (rattling).

Did you check the condition of catalytic convertor b4 they install ?
they said its like catalyct convertor but it not...look like centre bullet in catalyc converter shape..i can see through the it...some small hole inside a centre bullet looks..i try shake it first..no sound at all

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Clutch heavy due to pressure plate not good already....
hmm..that sound i have to change the clutch plate

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
they said its like catalyct convertor but it not...look like centre bullet in catalyc converter shape..i can see through the it...some small hole inside a centre bullet looks..i try shake it first..no sound at all

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

hmm..that sound i have to change the clutch plate
If can see through then is not a catalytic converter. Catalytic converter have a mesh inside cannot see through it...
Something like this

If take out to change pressure plate might as well change clutch plate too....:driver:

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
if after changing only the "bullet" exhaust and it cause vibrating sound. it simple mean 2 thing

1- the fitment is not right, meaning the fitter does not fit the bullet correctly, did not allow good tolerance or a bad support or bad hookup
2- the "bullet" it self is faulty, can be a broken pipe, bad welding most likely

in any given situation , a good replacement of any parts should not bring additional issue unless pre modification or wrong part is used.

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
If can see through then is not a catalytic converter. Catalytic converter have a mesh inside cannot see through it...
Something like this

If take out to change pressure plate might as well change clutch plate too....:driver:
that true...it is not a catalytic convertor..like i am said earlier the formen said looks like a catalytic convertor..but thank you for make it clearer..:proud:

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

if after changing only the "bullet" exhaust and it cause vibrating sound. it simple mean 2 thing

1- the fitment is not right, meaning the fitter does not fit the bullet correctly, did not allow good tolerance or a bad support or bad hookup
2- the "bullet" it self is faulty, can be a broken pipe, bad welding most likely

in any given situation , a good replacement of any parts should not bring additional issue unless pre modification or wrong part is used.
hmm that means i have to cut off all the 3 bullet an make a new fitment right?..the 3 bullet consume all the space from the front until the s curve space..if i have to make it right with all 3 bullet, i have to make the straight exhaust la right..

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
actually, if you insist to have performance system to be install in your neo... but you wish to reduce noise, just stick to 1 middle bullet and get a rear muffler instead, throw out the bullet as muffler at the rear, because it will do no good if you keep installing /addon bullet

soemthing like this will make do you good...

I always really hope exhaust guy will start learn the proper to setup proper exhaust, in professional manner, not to just earn money.
the sound you mention probably just some poor workmanship as bullet from my experience hardly will have product defect... because is such a simple product...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi bros,

Izzit ok to reset ECU by disconnecting the battery terminal often?... I found my car fuel comsumption is better by do it.

Pls advise.

Tks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience