What is the latest in auto detailing?

goldwave84

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
HI all

Its been awhile since I played the auto detailing game (still use turtlewax ICE original packaging) and I have been doing my research on the forums here so I do know there is a huge difference between doing it yourself and sending to a good shop. I also know you have pure wax that melts after a few days in the sun and synthetic that can last for months.

Now I have a 07 sentra that has very good paint job and I want to send it to a shop for a full interior and exterior detail. Am looking for protection from environment as my car is always in the sun. Am looking for a good interior clean as my sentra is beige leather. Not too fussy on the price in total but am still working with a decent budget.

What can you suggest me please?

TQ

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
PM St1l for Opti Coating then or just detailing. :biggrin:

Also there are lots of professional detailer here showing their work. You may wanna take a look at their work to decide your sentra's destiny.

goldwave84

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
Hey Supra,
Thx for the info. Is the a FAQ or sticky on all types of detailing types? Been reading and just so many options, brands and ranges....literally head spinning. Also want to know price range etc etc.

My sis sent her Kelisa to a shop that was rather famous and paid abt rm88 I think, and by the looks of it they just washed the car and put one coat of regular wax. If I knew, I would have done the same for her!

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
For a good quality interior and exterior detail, you should be looking at the RM500 range....plus or minus a hundred or two depending on the conditions and extents of work/time required. For a coating job, I think it should be around the RM2k range. From what I gather that's about the market price to get a decent enough job done. I'll be a little bit weary (a lot actually) of places that promises to do a good job for anything below RM200....I don't think RM88 will get you anywhere near a decent enough results except for one stepper + wax, which doesn't do much except to bring some shine to the paint....that's the price for the unwary folks who are easy target for a business scam. The above are just my personal general observations though, different places have different business plan/niche so it might defer.

Shop around and just remember this: compare their price with their results. Don't dwell too much on products they're using but the workmanship they produced.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
PM St1l for Opti Coating then or just detailing. :biggrin:

Also there are lots of professional detailer here showing their work. You may wanna take a look at their work to decide your sentra's destiny.
hoi why simply help me promote, later u kena ban by moderator for advertising, plus, u know la, alot ppl here say i half plus six one...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
hoi why simply help me promote, later u kena ban by moderator for advertising, plus, u know la, alot ppl here say i half plus six one...
:rofl: Not promoting la, just recommending what I think is good to TS also did mention can look around in ZTH on a few detailers work and decide ma...:biggrin:

K wont mention name next time :top:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
HI all

Its been awhile since I played the auto detailing game (still use turtlewax ICE original packaging) and I have been doing my research on the forums here so I do know there is a huge difference between doing it yourself and sending to a good shop. I also know you have pure wax that melts after a few days in the sun and synthetic that can last for months.

Now I have a 07 sentra that has very good paint job and I want to send it to a shop for a full interior and exterior detail. Am looking for protection from environment as my car is always in the sun. Am looking for a good interior clean as my sentra is beige leather. Not too fussy on the price in total but am still working with a decent budget.

What can you suggest me please?

TQ
1. How frequent do you wash your car ? DIY or sent outside ?
2. How about Interior cleaning ?
3. What kinda of expectation you looking at for 'protection'. Prefer traditional wax or coating ?
4. What is 'decent' budget for you ? Rm50 for a can of wax or Rm200 for a can of wax is ok ?

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
haha u know la , this forum alot butthurt ppl that need alot of vaseline

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
haha u know la , this forum alot butthurt ppl that need alot of vaseline
noted noted. :laugh:
But do keep up the good work bro. :top:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hey Supra,
Thx for the info. Is the a FAQ or sticky on all types of detailing types? Been reading and just so many options, brands and ranges....literally head spinning. Also want to know price range etc etc.

My sis sent her Kelisa to a shop that was rather famous and paid abt rm88 I think, and by the looks of it they just washed the car and put one coat of regular wax. If I knew, I would have done the same for her!
RM88? Not those Groupon and deal online I hope. How to get polish and wax for that amount unless really simply do....:hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

how do i take out the rivets that attaches my bodykit with the car??
cut the back or drill in the rivet?
;)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience