The new maybe coming soon automotive policy in malaysia, nobody concern kah?

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
to bro renesis, i heard 3-4 days ago in radio, they are finalizing the new policy and perhaps bring it on ... parliament soon maybe:confused:

even though how you maintain the old car, they always have a brilliant idea to show your ride against the law or fail inspection:banghead:

if they really gonna scrap my car, i will rather transform my car into a track car then being scrap..ohhh wait a minute, i dont even have a proper track here in sarawak :banghead: shit

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Basically we've been given a chance to choose before.
But still certain people can't even think or figure what will happen next.

Policies and such just a tool of "Day Light Robbery" by the ruler.
Still wondering and make me headache what happen to my dream ride reaching 10 years.

peterj, only Brunei road able to take our relief off.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Maintenance - I understand. But what about those who really take care of their cars? Even my MILs 13 year old Toyota SEG was is great condition and all she ever did was hand over the keys to her trusted mech to maintain. It ran great, worked great and wasn't a menace to anyone on the road. I say target those poorly maintained pieces of crap on the road, not all old cars. I've seen E-class Mercs spewing black smoke and BMWs spewing white smoke on the road. Scrutinize those goddamn cars mah.

Safety concerns? Like what? Ok maybe it's true to some extent. ABS, EBD, Traction control and all that is great. But what Miros failed to realise is the only ones most people can afford these days is ABS and EBD only. Those with more usually cost above the 100k region. Safety concerns my ass. If they were really concerned with safety they'd bar the sales of the Viva, Kancil (last time la), Saga, Waja (a pathetic 2-star NCAP rating car), and all those 'safe' cars. I'd rather risk an accident in my MILs 13 year old Toyota than a brand new Viva/Saga/Waja.
I agree with this. Those old Japanese cars aren't called as bulletproof for nothing. Old is gold.

to bro renesis, i heard 3-4 days ago in radio, they are finalizing the new policy and perhaps bring it on ... parliament soon maybe:confused:

even though how you maintain the old car, they always have a brilliant idea to show your ride against the law or fail inspection:banghead:

if they really gonna scrap my car, i will rather transform my car into a track car then being scrap..ohhh wait a minute, i dont even have a proper track here in sarawak :banghead: shit
Hmm, why suddenly mentioned me? I think if they are seriously trying to implement this law, there will be heavy objection for sure from a lot of people. For this matter, I think most people will stand united to object against this regardless of their ethnicity, religion and political support.

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
I think this policy sure going to implement just matter of time. we as a car owner and driver sure will have some hard time but if given time revise of other policy i think this will be benefit public in a way is like revise or abolish Toll collection in some place as they be collecting money ever since highway system started in M3ia.

As i recall back in 1 of the recent news comment is If AP system remove there will be a huge work force in automotive industry may lose their job if AP system remove but if it continue maintain this system all of us we as a Malaysian with population of 29 million and counting will continue have more burden on our shoulder.

Who is losing income when when AP system is remove? Automotive worker or AP holder?
For current situation biggest loser is car buyer we are paying premium Plus Plus of value for a small new car.
next in the list is car buyer who buy recon unit from a 2nd dealer again paying for premium plus plus for used car.

Alot of us been working extra effort to earn more money just to lighten our repayment but when we see from year to year our burden is keep on increase from time to time.

i got a question for every 1 here...

Are we been exploited or Are been focus?

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
http://www.sinarharian.com.my/nasional/jpj-timbang-had-jangka-hayat-kenderaan-1.221814

complain or not, if they really want to they will implement it, they always have those random people who said to support their policy every times they conduct a research or survey to ask rakyat support them or not... they also have those pro:stupid: professional like in the link above to speak to support and say that according to their experience and research, this gov policy is good or what blablabla..........bullshit

then when u ppl still reject, then, the gov idiot representative shows up with brilliant idea like reduce sugar subsidy to overcome diabetes, increase electric bill cause increase in petrol price and whatever and can promote ppl to save energy,implement gst so everyone pay one tax instead of 2 and can rob the rich and give to the poor more, bitch please, i don't need pay taxes if i go normal coffeeshop to eat and buy at mudah.my, now according to the idiot representative statement, after implementation, online seller also must implement gst, for me, just another way to rob both the rich and poor to fill your own stomach and make the rich more rich make the poor more poor...

dont forget the current issue,kl guys, did your household taxes just raised ?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Saga BLM NCAP rating 1 star :biggrin:
Understand about Crumple zone, but if the car is too soft, won't it endanger the passengers as well? Crumple zones must not be too soft that it would absorb the impact but not preventing the impact enough to protect the passengers. Right? I mean compare modern Toyota crumple zone and Mercedes crumple zone. Mercedes May have less damage on the car but passengers are still safe as well.
Dude... again - read la. Crumple zones aren't just "soft", they absorb the crash energy and direct it around the cabin therefore protecting the passenger. Mercedes vs Toyota I won't compare because I have no idea on the Toyota safety designs, but Mercs of late are not that tank-like compared to the yesteryear Mercs and that's a fact. That doesn't mean that Mercs are milo-tins like Protons, they still have great chassis', great design and are reasonably rigid all in all. But crash safety compared to yesteryear is on a different level so much so their cars are always rated with super high safety ratings and then some.

In Japan where the culture is to respect everyone and treat everyone with the utmost courtesy and respect - that's all fine and dandy. In Malaysia where the govt setup warning signs to watch out for snatch thefts and they paint over very nice graffiti art - I'd rather take my chances in a car even if the public transport system is improved.

Not if you're not dumb enough to attract thieves and all. The chances of getting into a snatch theft scenario on public transport is much much higher compared to you being in a car that's properly handled.

Scenario #1 : I'm taking public transport from Cheras to KLCC, 2 bus changes and the interchange is at Puduraya (long time ago), one of the busiest stops in KL that's loaded with people, foreign workers, beggers and stray animals. I've been sardined before just trying to get onto the bus. No queues, insane rushes, smelly armpits and people, most of the time broken air con on the buses, and a total trip of 2 hours whilst holding onto my laptop bag, wallet, house keys and cellphone..

vs

Scenario #2 : I'm driving to Cheras to KLCC, total trip (with heavy morning traffic) 40 minutes, comfortable seats, dry, radio / CD, everything is securely in my boot and cellphone in my pocket with a handsfree setup on my dash.

Choose.

If the public transport in malaysia is good enough. Do you think it will pack like current situation and pack like a sardine in a can and thief got a chance to steal your belongings without your notice? If our govn willing to improve our public safety instead of asking your old car for inspection, will you think people willing to drive and stuck in the traffic jam? And I've training at Amcorp mall, I'm taking kelana jaya star line. I'm quite satisfied on the rapid incoming train and it only take 15min to Taman Jaya station from KL central. And I do not feel any sardine squeeze at 8am and 5.30pm on my way back.

I do not know how "safe" drive in KL but in the way to cyberjaya from KLIA. Two of my colleagues (both are ladies) met fake accidents. Both of them get hit on the back and they do stop aside but both of them straight accelerate again due to the car behind them all are African guys. After they've reached office parking and check on their rear bumper, just minor scratch.

Another real case in bandar sunway when in my Uni time, my friend kena this so call fake accident and almost get kidnap by 4 guys with a estima. He driving vios (year 2010) after dinner around 8.30pm at Murni. The guy asking him to move into their MPV and he straight away run like hell and scream and they drive off his car. My friend later call me to pick him up and we went to SS19 police station do report. Do this related to how intelligent you hide your tangible stuff? After that incident, we always dinner with 3-4 fellows together although SJ is a crowded place.

And malaysia public safety is real bad now. I met rob case in my gf house when i go her house for dinner just few months ago around May 2013 (I've posted this in ZTH). Four to five robbers jump into her house and go into the house when her mother was cooking at outside. We're not rich ppl as you can see and get aimed. Her house is a normal house with 10years old altis and a 7years old city. We all get locked in toilet and they just search all valuable stuffs in the house. After we call police, guess what, police arrived after 30min.
I'm sorry to hear about all these bad situations you've experienced and been in. I won't say that driving is safer compared to public transportation nor will I say that whatever you experienced was avoidable. That would just be ignorant of me. But for me, the car gives me more peace of mind than me walking around in the public trying to protect my stuff whilst being crammed like a sardine with other fellow sardines.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
MIROS statement that >15 yrs. car is not roadworthy and causing accident is really a dumb ass statement.....where is the data or statistic??.....common sense would tell us from the news we saw daily, most of the accident (worse is deadly accident...) involved car less than 5 yrs. old......it's mostly the attitude, not the age of car that contributed....
Yearly inspection for older car is good for safety purpose....but the way it's going to be done and the criteria would be a big debate.....whose pocket will be full and whose will be leak????......
......should i start save money to buy extra parking lot to permanently park my 13 yrs. old car??....huhuhu....
Malaysia style statistics....I only take statistics in Malaysia by a pinch of salt.....

Saga BLM NCAP rating 1 star :biggrin:
Understand about Crumple zone, but if the car is too soft, won't it endanger the passengers as well? Crumple zones must not be too soft that it would absorb the impact but not preventing the impact enough to protect the passengers. Right? I mean compare modern Toyota crumple zone and Mercedes crumple zone. Mercedes May have less damage on the car but passengers are still safe as well.
Actually to protect the passenger, it is the strength of the cabin structure in relations to the whole complete chassis. Mainly the A,B and C pillars frame section these are the vital bones that keep the cabin in 1 piece and protect the passengers. The boot area and the frontal area is made to absorb more impact force so that the impact energy transfer throughout or around the cabin frame and not harming the passenger inside the cabin....If you notice now some cars hood will pop up in the event of accidents to reduce the force of impact on the pedestrians. Designing a safe car is how well the engineers can make the impact force go through or around the entire chassis with the slightest damage to the cabin. Take a look at F1 cars, those super cars where the cockpit area is built the strongest while the rest of the areas will shatter or crush when hit.....

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

About the accidents in Malaysia...if the head is not straight (license obtaining) how the rest will be straight....?? you know, I know

Kopi O license....give money can sure pass....all these give birth to zombie drivers....they are already dead even before they start to drive....then comes our "Malaysia style driving attitude"

1. Kepoh to the max drivers (Yo...see accidents, buy 4D no fast, Wah Ah Moi sexy yo...see the tree got monkey)
2. Super Duper Lousy judgement (following too close at the front car be it rain or shine, overtaking when opposite car is almost nearing)
3. Zero to Hero behind the wheels. (I'm Kiwi Raikonen)
4. Handicap brain (Wonder where's the signal)
5. My father mia road (no follow No entry sign or single direction sign)
6. My car is V12 turbocharge 1000hp, 10 pot brakes, honeycomb chassis hypercars from factory....corner like no tomorrow or speeding like there's a trophy at the end of the line..
7. Had wrong food, rushing for toilet (cutting Q, driving on emergency lane)
8. Everyday is treasure hunt day (no early planning of driving route, making last minute turns at junctions, Should I go left or go right....
9. I am Legend (the people who hog the fast lane)
10. My car is a safety car...you cannot pass me....

If want to change how our drivers on the road behave....need to start from small way before they even have driving license...1st is teach them having courtesy.....then only talk about driving....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Lol that solarturbine guy... Must be a fagit.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Too hard to teach those new drivers as new drivers usually observe and tend to duplicate the driving pattern of daily idiot drivers on the road...

Tailgating - "Wah!! He tail so close...I also follow...damn yeng wei!!!" :banghead:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Haiz.. sad case

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i would say..menteri if holding the same position after 5years if even more dangerous....can kill the whole nation :rofl:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
instead of 15 years, they made it 12 years need scrap.... lots of supercar pun kena scrap, no nid say my old school civic..haiz

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
i would say..menteri if holding the same position after 5years if even more dangerous....can kill the whole nation :rofl:
Since they can have election every 5 years...I think cars deserve an election every 10 years as well if they are gonna go with 10 years or 12 years policy.

GE for used cars :rofl:

instead of 15 years, they made it 12 years need scrap.... lots of supercar pun kena scrap, no nid say my old school civic..haiz
Damn...means my 8 year old corolla. 2 more years need to scrap...

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
12 years....

If confirmed implemented, there goes my 21 year old corolla that has been faithfully serving the family :frown: .

Even though considered by the government 'old', it has been faithfully helping me to commute from Tanjung Malim - KL daily (selain daripada kehendak Allah of course).

The other day was discussing with wifey about the only public transport that has not faced an accident is our train services. Surprisingly, a few days after that the Komuter from tanjung malim to Rawang got derailed. Luckily no one died.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Too hard to teach those new drivers as new drivers usually observe and tend to duplicate the driving pattern of daily idiot drivers on the road...

Tailgating - "Wah!! He tail so close...I also follow...damn yeng wei!!!" :banghead:
I face that many times on the highway daily. From far flash or tailgate me like theres no tomorrow. Bila kasi potong...ceh vavi, mavi and dugong (usual suspects). Once in a while from other type of vehicles.

Seasoned (cough) road users who usually use the highway for sure give way or know when the driver in front is going to give you way. No need to flash. Its usually the people who seldom or rarely drive on highway that usually creates a shitstorm. They can't drive fast in towns, bila dapat highway...its like he / she is the king of the highway.

If the right lane looks tight as in a lot of cars are following each other closely, might as well stick to middle lane or left lane just to break away from the chain.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there

I am currently looking for rear bonnet cover board (on top of spare tyre) for my Satria. I found one in mudah but the shape looks weird (not the shape of the bonnet):

Can anyone please verify this is the correct one for my car (if someone can snap photo of his satria rear cover board would be better)? My satria is 1.6L 1996 model with plate number on the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience