The new maybe coming soon automotive policy in malaysia, nobody concern kah?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Scrapping old cars? My dream, my goal and everything is going to be scrapped away as well. :banghead:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Here again on the news today, translate it, it has few main point for the news titles here

Attachments

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
From Miros, they said half of the country's 5 years old car all cant pass the puspakom, seriously? And another more shit, 5 years car go inspection, 15 years old go scrap, if this practical, even proton wira all pun kena scrap.... Reduce greatly the car price, make a camry selling 80-90 k that same price as japan instead of 160-190 k in malaysia then i will say this policy practical...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
From Miros, they said half of the country's 5 years old car all cant pass the puspakom, seriously? And another more shit, 5 years car go inspection, 15 years old go scrap, if this practical, even proton wira all pun kena scrap.... Reduce greatly the car price, make a camry selling 80-90 k that same price as japan instead of 160-190 k in malaysia then i will say this policy practical...
I think it makes sense. You see when you buy a brand new Proton it is almost rubbish to begin with. After 5 years its rubbish so it won't pass Puspakom.

Yes I know what I said is rubbish too. Cabutz :rofl::thefinger:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Buying a proton ain't cheap anymore.
After 5 years, the car will krek, krok, krek krok...
After 9 years, when installment over, the car depreciate like nobody business....
not to mentioned....the car will probably go visit workshops and cost plenty of money to repair....

A testament from my uncle, real story, real person, real car...

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
So let me sum up what you guys are saying: buying rubbish in Malaysia is not cheap. After five years we may have to send the rubbish for inspection every years in the hope that it won't decay fast enough to not making it to Puspakom. Oh my god I still have 2 chunks of this rubbish.:vroam:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm I wonder how strict the inspection will be and how much will it cost.
Actually in most advanced countries, such inspection is already a norm once a year when ever the owner needs to extend the registration (or in here road tax) for any vehicles. The inspection should be done at govt. authorized workshops, and it will cover basic road worthiness, like is steering, brakes, lights, horn, and other basic functions still working, exhaust emission still within limits, tires still in acceptable condition, bodywork still acceptable, and no illegal modifications. If like that, then maybe still not bad, but if it's too strict and used to milk people for money, then that's bad.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Even with tax reduction, those poor people with old cars still need to fork out some money to buy a replacement car. I don't think it is easy for the poor people to buy another car even if it is cheap...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I think scrapping cars (and thus buying new ones) and sending cars to inspections..........and "excuses" for the govt to more milk money from the rakyat.....

Would the inspection of cars help??
Just look at the public transportation in Malaysia that requires constant inspection on buses, lorries, etc....AND just look at no. of cases when the buses plunges to a ravine or (repeatedly) involved in road accidents. Makes me wonder if those inspectors are really doing their job..

Last edited:

trustgtr

Jun 18, 2009
Just lower car prices then u see less old cars on the road, auto market b healthy, lower debt levels for rakyat.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Hmm I wonder how strict the inspection will be and how much will it cost.
Actually in most advanced countries, such inspection is already a norm once a year when ever the owner needs to extend the registration (or in here road tax) for any vehicles. The inspection should be done at govt. authorized workshops, and it will cover basic road worthiness, like is steering, brakes, lights, horn, and other basic functions still working, exhaust emission still within limits, tires still in acceptable condition, bodywork still acceptable, and no illegal modifications. If like that, then maybe still not bad, but if it's too strict and used to milk people for money, then that's bad.
because people here sees it as money sucking decision...a bid by the cronist...any action from the current government must be fishy..

i think of it as a norm..in other countries inspection is a normal..i see it as a safety rules..

any cars that unsuitable to be on the road should be scraped..
its your decision to buy new, to repair or to use public transport..

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I think scrapping cars (and thus buying new ones) and sending cars to inspections..........and "excuses" for the govt to more milk money from the rakyat.....

Would the inspection of cars help??
Just look at the public transportation in Malaysia that requires constant inspection on buses, lorries, etc....AND just look at no. of cases when the buses plunges to a ravine or (repeatedly) involved in road accidents. Makes me wonder if those inspectors are really doing their job..
Support. Inspection should be enough. No need to scrap.
Those big vehicles on the other hand should have routined inspection .

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
:confused:
they shud have cut off the tax n duty first..[/QUOTE

if they not cut but do not impost tax @ taxes r according to our income maybe i'd tag along on agreeing. but than again driving wit all stock cars on the road doesn't seem right, furthermore how'd the insurance gonna charge us for our car as I don't know how does they do it in Singapore 2:confused:

Last edited:

heefmy

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2004
cheras
bro, government need money bro!!!! now 55 Puspakom, after this rule begin then more puspakom is building. 1 building 1M but government claim 5M from raykat.

then after 5 years car failed inspection will be certified. fXXk govertment please think ur polis, askar, apa apa department la...... their private car is illegal modify plus over 15 years. not all government ppl. c who die first.

plus big number of government car is over 15 years... then govertment claim all government car certified, come in new car. example come in 10 inspira then wan claim raykat 10m. Each car(100K) claim 1m coz wan put sticker(50k), laptop(50k),LED roof light(100K), or apa apa advance technology on the boot(700k) but mostly is useless......!!!!!!!!!

$$$$$ government $$$$$$

JIb Gor........ think urself la.......

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
bro, government need money bro!!!! now 55 Puspakom, after this rule begin then more puspakom is building. 1 building 1M but government claim 5M from raykat.

then after 5 years car failed inspection will be certified. fXXk govertment please think ur polis, askar, apa apa department la...... their private car is illegal modify plus over 15 years. not all government ppl. c who die first.

plus big number of government car is over 15 years... then govertment claim all government car certified, come in new car. example come in 10 inspira then wan claim raykat 10m. Each car(100K) claim 1m coz wan put sticker(50k), laptop(50k),LED roof light(100K), or apa apa advance technology on the boot(700k) but mostly is useless......!!!!!!!!!

$$$$$ government $$$$$$

JIb Gor........ think urself la.......
They had come out with new proton accordana to replace old perdana, so all new cars..

Ad also, one more "benifits", those theft sucker will have good quality controlled car and newer car to steal to improve their economy...:thefinger:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

More previews before next week's Geneva Motor Show and this time it's Abarth previewing the latest Punto EVO and the tuner has announced the three-door 1.4-liter turbocharged Multiair four-cylinder supermini will debut alongside a souped up Abarth 500X.<!--more-->

To help with the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience