Can a V-tec NA achieve close to 300km/h?

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
So this guy come saying his 2008 Civic can achieve close to 300km/h. Can follow behind a Ferrari closely.

He said he upgraded his V-tec and using Haltech + more than 10 Ultra Racing Bars + other goodies that are still unknown. Using D2 adjustable shocks.

His Honda gang are people from Klang & Banting. I asked him do you know any PJ/KL Honda kakis?, he said no idea.

His record:

KESAS - Klang to Cheras = 15 mins

Klang to Genting all the way up = 45 mins

He bought the car for RM90K. Already mod for about RM40K.

Can anyone clarify on this? I asked him what is the output of your Dyno? He said never done it before. ah?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Haltech can probably squeeze out some 10 to 20 bhp assuming car is stock. Probably can remove the speed cut too.

I don't know what he meant by upgrading VTec but lets assume he completely rebuilt his entire engine with forged internals and bigger everything plus PNP and all. So lets assume his car can now rev to 11,000rpm.

D2 adjustables - meh. Ultraracing bars - dead weight on an already heavy car.

No mention on brakes? Good luck.

Let's see. On a humble ancient 4G15 to do full NA modding with forged everything will easily set me back close to 15k bare minimum. On a Honda B16 would be easily way more than that (read - forged everything, not just oversizing ok). On a newer iVTec engine 40k is possible. But I suspect it's probably more than that. So 40k mods on a 90k, perhaps.

Klang to Cheras in 15 minutes - possible. Provided there's no traffic at all and since you'll need to go either the much further Kesas (15 minutes is hard pressed) or the shorter Federal (which always has traffic) he's either pulling your leg or just guestimating what his car can do.

Klang to Genting - 45 minutes is bullshit. Unless he's able to maintain 250km/h all the way up to Genting, which I can pretty much confirm he can't unless he plans on flying over all the speedbumps all the way up and there are no cars on the road - which again is impossible. This is Genting. There'll always one some asshole hogging the fast lane.

Lastly - I've never heard of a Haltech tuner that does his tuning without a Dyno. Do I smell bullshit? Sure. It's hitting the ceiling fan and spraying across the room!

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Klang-Cheras via Kesas:
Distance: ±43km
Time: 15mins
Average speed: 172km/h

Klang-Genting Highlands via NKVE-NSE-DUKE-KARAK HW:
Part 1 distance (Klang-Genting Sempah): 67km
Time: 21mins
Speed: 191km/h

Part 2 distance: Genting Sempah-Genting Highlands): 19km
Time: 24mins
Speed: 48km/h

I think that definitely makes sense.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Are you kidding me, close to 300kmh on a NA FWD sedan car in Malaysia? I don't think that is possible... Unless you're having something like a turbocharged VTEC engine with around 500hp like what Avantech did for their drag cars...

keeltha

Known Member
Jan 13, 2011
Selangor
Seriously with that mod, it is possible to reach 300kmh... no joke !

ps: when meter sudah rosak... wait... meter xda 300kmh wor... maybe gps sudah gile...

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
mugen, spoon and j's racing got to get this guy as their CEO. hottest talent in tapping real hp in honda engines.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
300km/h?? definitely not...I wonder does the guy who said that knows maths or science....When you mention Civic, 300km/h my mind was already wondering does the car have that much power to get to 300km/h in the 1st place...some more NA.....Even my 2.4 Mivec AT max out also 220 or 230 only.....

albani

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
Penang
ekdivision.17.forumer.com
absolutely a myth!:smokin:

maybe his speed sensor(vss) near faulty. :nurse:
3rd gear and the needle almost 350degree near 0 an he thought 300kmh?:rofl:

260kmh is proven achievable, a friend of mine clocked his mild-modded b18cr ek 4drs NA on his RSM.:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How envious are you at these 4 lucky Malaysians who won an all expense paid trip by Shell Helix to Abu Dhabi for their Fastest 48 hrs of their lives?? They'd be among the 200 guests from over 20 countries who will be visiting the one and only, famous Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, an intense ride in the world's fastest roller coaster in the form of a Ferrari, dubbed the Formull...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience